Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

City vs West Ham - match thread

I HAVE NO SOUND ON SETANTA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Friggin screen blocked, missed the goal, but got sound back. Is that the price we pay to get sound on a game?

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why Ashton is getting booed? Ridiculous, all he ever did was leave. Aside from the dodgy barnet, I think it''s well out of order. On the other side, we''re awful at the back, with the exception of Marshall, who has made 4 fantastic saves so far.

Other than that, hughes has had loads of the ball, Chadwick''s had some nice touches and that''s about it.....................oh dear.

Anyone who saw that first half still doubt that we need better defenders? This time it''s Drury (who looks as mediocre as he did for most of last season) and Otsemobor (new boy, so give him a chance) who are the weakest links. But basically, the whole back four look flaky. They aren''t reading the game, they''re leaving it to others, they don''t seem to know what the hell they should be doing. Love Rusty - pass and move, pass and move. Marshall''s very good, but then so was Greeno when we conceded so many soft goals - no matter how good he is he looks crap picking the ball out of the net two or three times a game.

Don''t worry. This just puts us on a par with other Football League sides, like Southend. Oh...

[quote user="kwrtw2006"]

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why Ashton is getting booed? Ridiculous, all he ever did was leave. Aside from the dodgy barnet, I think it''s well out of order. On the other side, we''re awful at the back, with the exception of Marshall, who has made 4 fantastic saves so far.

Other than that, hughes has had loads of the ball, Chadwick''s had some nice touches and that''s about it.....................oh dear.

[/quote]

Agreed. Booing Ashton is out of order. Guess those booing wouldnt leave there jobs for another with more money, better prospects bigger company etc would they?

Superb goalkeeping but am i the only one who thinks our defence is a shambles?

I''m with you on that too, yes he asked for a transfer but he made us some money.

Anyhooo, we are pretty poor at the moment, but I think we are playing a good side and we don''t have the likes of Le Judge or Saf protecting the defence and the defence, oh dear do we need a new centre back and quickly but whatever happens I won''t be downbeat or if by some magic we win tonight then it still won''t change my mind and hope for the new season.

Alot lot better in the 2nd half, we look a little bit more secure with an extra midfielder and both Croft and Brown have looked good. Once we get full fitness and have a midfield which includes Hucks, Judge and Smith I think that is a good midfield.

Damm goes my prediction, I said (albeit to myself) that if CD did not play then he might be signing for us on loan ala rumours at the moment, but as he is playing he won''t be at our arranged press conference after the match (again me talking to myself)

[quote user="Millo"]

we have no sound on setanta. B@stards!

Can i get live commentary on the net??

[/quote]

Too late now, but try liveonlinefooty.comIt costs £2.50 a match

Dreadful 1st 45. Marshall was fantastic (bit suspect the way he comes out prematurely), Russell was a surprisingly good anchor and Chadwick workerd hard. Drury was terrible. Eaten alive by the sherman. Check Mate was extremely disapponting. 2nd half was better, WH seemed to tire. Brown looked good (very good actually) when we managed to get the ball that far up the pitch, which was mainly via Croft who looked eager. Excellenmt goal, best of the night.Aston was superb in the first half. Future England 9 for sure. The people who booed him have very small minds. At least he was big enough not to celebrate the goal. Good luck to him. He deserves better than our fans.Speaking of fans, where were they? 4 sided morgue

Chadwick Man of the match, never stopped trying.  Cureton, very good, chased everything, Croft looked sharp late on. Dave the Striker, hope he settles soon! Brown, a different player, very encouraging.

Defense, oh dear. Exposed over and over again.  Surely Grant can see how poor and slow Doc is!

At least Marshall should be worth every penny - should get plenty of action!  We looked as creative as last season, without Huckerby.  Couldn''t pass 5 yards (excepting Russell) and tried to thump the ball up too often.

Forecast for next season - just about scrape relegation and knocked out of cup competitions in early rounds.  Sorry, I don''t subscribe to some of the pseudo optimistic rubbish I have been reading - I prefer to rely on what I actually see as opposed to what I think I would like to see.  There was a massive gulf between us and West Ham (much more than the 2-1 scoreline) and, whilst the gap will be closer, there will be a big gulf between us and the likes of Charlton, Sheff Utd, West Brom, Wolves, Preston, Leicester, Watford, Burnley, Southampton ...............    

Does anyone genuinely think that the likes of Docherty, Hughes and even Drury (plus others) would walk into  some of these teams?

[quote user="Millo"][quote user="kwrtw2006"]

[/quote]

Agreed. Booing Ashton is out of order. Guess those booing wouldnt leave there jobs for another with more money, better prospects bigger company etc would they?

Superb goalkeeping but am i the only one who thinks our defence is a shambles?

[/quote]

No, i''m afraid not. With that defence, we aint going nowhere. They were just to open, and could not read what West Ham were doing.

I liked Ostembor but the rest were shocking, could have been six if it weren''t for Marshall. He was awesome.

Anyone else find it hard to believe that Andy Hughes played the whole 90 minutes, i dont even know why he was out there to start. Right wing belongs to Croft or Chadwick. He others us nothing apart from hoofing and giving the ball away