Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

I don't quite understand this.

Is there a debate here, or not?

Are there any plans to make the ground capacity bigger. If we were to return to the premiership we could do with an extra 5000 seats at least.
Reply:
Certainly while the club is challenging for a top six place in the Championship or is in the Premier League a further 5,000 seats would certainly be very useful. However, those seats would have to be paid for and the club already has a substantial debt which has to be serviced. We continually have to balance our current needs, particularly on the pitch, against our future needs - much the same as any other business.

Is Neil Doncaster saying that we would only be pushing current capacity when in the top 6 or prem?

Another point. Would not the City stand have to be closed for building works in order to increase capacity during a significant part of a prem/top 6 season?

The most cost effective way would be to invest earlier rather than later methinks. Or maybe there are other more profitable revenue generating non-football schemes on the drawing board?

It seems to me that it should be a high investment priority to get more bums on seats asap if we can be pushing 30,000 capacity regularly.

Where will the denizens of the City stand be moved to when the City stand is closed for topping? And won''t those who are displaced be happy souls, eh?

Just asking. Not stirring. It saves worrying about our central defence all the time!![:)]

OTBC

I think he''s saying they''d love the seats, and could fill them when we are in the prem, or top 6 of the championship.

However it''ll cost a packet that they know they either shouldn''t (or couldn''t get away with!) spending on the ground instead of the team.

Good point about the time scale though, we''d lose the city stand for half a season at least you''d think which would have another knock on effect to the finances.

Yes they would love the seats, but it''s not affordable right now.  If it was affordable I don''t think this work would be done during the season.

In answer to where would the people from the city stand go for half a season.My guess is that with a 26,000 capacity and 20,000 season ticket holders.All season ticket holders from the city stand would be moved to the away supporters area andthe few remaining seats elsewere until they could open a few more seats up again.In other words there would be no away support and probly no room for members for the first half of the season.Its only my guess but I don''t think it would be far wrong.Although sitting in the snake pit if I was put in the river end I would cry :)