Sign in to follow this  
Carrow Fink

Simon Charlton Coaching the youth team

Grant confirmed that former Canaries defender Simon Charlton is back at the club - helping one of the youth teams that come under the wing of Academy manager Ricky Martin.

Charlton, 35, has retired from top-flight football after almost 600 senior games and returned to Norfolk, where he spent two seasons with City.

"Simon has been involved with the youths," explained Grant. "He is back in this part of the country. Ricky had said to me about him coming and helping out with one of the younger teams.

"We feel it is always important to have people who know what the club is about and if they have their badges and all the things and do their job properly they have the opportunity."

Perhaps PG will bring him out of retirement as LB cover!? lol

CRS

That''s interesting. I said when Charlton was here and playing well alongside Fleming that I thought he had the makings of a coach, because he was directing and organising (which seemed to get up Fleming''s nose). He was not good in midfield, but it was old dogs/new tricks, and bad management to put him there. Good luck to him.

[quote user="Christopher Roy Sutton"]

Grant confirmed that former Canaries defender Simon Charlton is back at the club - helping one of the youth teams that come under the wing of Academy manager Ricky Martin.

Charlton, 35, has retired from top-flight football after almost 600 senior games and returned to Norfolk, where he spent two seasons with City.

"Simon has been involved with the youths," explained Grant. "He is back in this part of the country. Ricky had said to me about him coming and helping out with one of the younger teams.

"We feel it is always important to have people who know what the club is about and if they have their badges and all the things and do their job properly they have the opportunity."

Perhaps PG will bring him out of retirement as LB cover!? lol

CRS

[/quote]

top flight football..???? he was playing for Oldham in league 1! he scored from his own half last season you know....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

he scored from his own half last season you know....[/quote]

Hope he can teach the kids that trick.

[quote user="XXL16"]agree Charlie can still play good football at this level[/quote]

Why was he released by League One Oldham then if he can play "good football at this level"

I don''t know if you''re being sarcastic or not but it doesn''t really sound funny-sarcastic.