Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Where is the F****** Centre back?

Not signing a centre back given the pathetic record of our defence is disgraceful. There is no sign of us signing one, so I take it we are going with what we have?With Safri going today the club has made a fair profit during the transfer season again with the squad getting smaller. I am more than happy with him going though the lazy sod!!For christs sake! all of us fans can see we are desperate for a centre back, yet the club appear to think they know better? Watch us play well but leak goals for fun again next season! Its Pathetic!SHOW SOME F****** AMBITION!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Not signing a centre back given the pathetic record of our defence is disgraceful. There is no sign of us signing one, so I take it we are going with what we have?

With Safri going today the club has made a fair profit during the transfer season again with the squad getting smaller. I am more than happy with him going though the lazy sod!!

For christs sake! all of us fans can see we are desperate for a centre back, yet the club appear to think they know better? Watch us play well but leak goals for fun again next season! Its Pathetic!

SHOW SOME F****** AMBITION!
[/quote]

Calm down, and have a nice cup of green tea!

Keep your hair on!!!You have to be more patient! I beleive we have gone after a few defenders but been told to wait until the week before the season starts. This tells me that they are probably from the premiership which is good, and their clubs are trying to get in more defenders themselves before they let anyone leave. If it comes to this time next week, then and only then i will share your opinion.

Chill man, we will get one soon. On the WOTB board they think that we are signing Sasa PAPAC from Rangers, he looks good and according toa few mates up North,they reckon he is good. Also being mentioned is Michael Turner from Hull, don''t know anything about him too.

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED31%20Jul%202007%2009%3A02%3A48%3A327Please read story at above link that appeared earlier this week. That might explain why there has been a delay in bringing another defender to the club. Grant is obviously aware. However, Shackell, Otsemobor, Doherty and Drury will remain and have to gel together better than last year. One new central defender won''t automatically solve all our problems. Dion adds leadership and organisation when he plays in central defence and hopefully the responsibility of captaincy will be the spur for Shackell to step up to the next level. Norwich''s propensity for giving away silly goals just before half-time or right at the end of the match lost us several points last year. I don''t think Grant or the coaching team have addressed that. Communication between the defenders needs to improve. Brellier or Russell acting as a midfield shield may help, but the former has only played in the game against Kings Lynn. Sort out the defence and the attacking will take care of itself. Brown looks really sharp, Cureton is a natural goalscorer and Strikhava looks to have good ball control. The slimmed down Croft looks a more dangerous option and should link well with Otsemobor, Chadwick is fit again and is a good quality player and Fortheringham is finding his feet. Once Brellier, Smith and Russell are settled I think this is a decent Championship squad and I haven''t mentioned Huckerby yet. Grounds for optimism, but sort out the defence.