Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Carrow

Doncaster Q&A?

Just wondering what other peoples views are of the Q&A yesterday? Personally i submitted three questions and got no replies. Good to see that he found the time to reply to two vital questions along the lines of "How do you relax away from football,Niel?" though..........

Not impressed at all. I also note that he is still trying to paint the Huckerby signing as proof that the board are prepared to take a risk on a player in the hope of success. No mention of the fact that Huckerby was paid for by the fans out of the share issues. Beware: master spinner at work.

We had around 60 questions - most of those not answered were about buying a centre back and where to play particular players - which are questions for Peter Grant rather than Neil Doncaster; there were also some ones that would have required detailed financial information to hand, and to answer would have taken time away for other questions placed; and there were one or two really silly ones that came from the WOTB crowd. Neil Doncaster was booked in from 12.30-1.30pm, but started at 12.20 and finished at 1.45pm - 25 minutes more that originally planned.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Just wondering what other peoples views are of the Q&A yesterday? Personally i submitted three questions and got no replies. Good to see that he found the time to reply to two vital questions along the lines of "How do you relax away from football,Niel?" though..........

Not impressed at all. I also note that he is still trying to paint the Huckerby signing as proof that the board are prepared to take a risk on a player in the hope of success. No mention of the fact that Huckerby was paid for by the fans out of the share issues. Beware: master spinner at work.

[/quote]

The Huckerby signing only happened due to pressure from Nigel Worthington, the fans, local media,  and a local businessman who forked out.  It says it all that this board were offered the winning lottery ticket and still tried their hardest to turn it down.....  [:S]

I have to say i thought he did rather well. Sent in about six questions and he answered three of them, and gave three honest replies. I mixed my questions up a bit so he wouldn''t have all the same type of questions. Maybe your questions have been answered before and he didn''t want to bore people with the same old answers. Why do people still ask about release clauses, and he is not going to answer anything on the team or tell us about new signings is he, thats questions for PG. Why do some people want to know how he relaxes, is not really the right type of question to ask, but just shows you the type of question people do send in.

I''m just staggered that after numerous years of contrived spin and bull***t from this individual...some supporters were/are still expecting straight answers to straight questions.

The man is little more than Smith''s smoke screen for the embarrassing state of the team.....and deserves nothing other than the boot.

To coin a phrase....."I don''t belieeeeeeve it!"

On the contrary Cluck, there are a fair few people I''d like to see depart Carrow Road still, but ND is most certainly not one of them.

There aren''t many CE''s that make themselves as open and approachable as he does-not only in the Q & A sessions but also in replying to personal E Mails and inviting supporters to ring him if they want to discuss matters further.

And, of course, for doing all of this, for increasing his profile, he gets more exposure and therefore more stick-perhaps, at times, he wishes he just hid in his office and kept thoroughly behind the scenes, not getting involved at all and just picked up his salary.

Don''t you think some of us might actually be aware and realise that the club issues its fair share of smoke and spin?

Of course it does, that sort of thing starts at Government level and works its way downwards as far as you''d like, it is prevalent anywhere and everywhere, hell, if and when couples lie or bend the truth with each other, thats smoke and spin as well-so you''d expect it at our level! You could further argue that Brown is little more than a smokscreen for the embarassing state of the country-so should he get the boot?

Some of us hear the spin but choose to decide if it is or it isn''t and when to agree or not to agree with it, but you just have to accept its part of the game and will always be there, the club could implement your Utopian vision tomorrow -whatever that is-but there would still smoke and spin and there would still be people complaining about things, people, the way things are done.

"...contrived spin and bullshit..." ? Whether or not it comes from ND is, of course, open to peoples own viewpoint, mine includes thinking that you are quite a master of it yourself, which brings to mind the saying involving the pot and the kettle!

tbh i think the guy doesnt always give a direct short answer to some questions, but i really liked his parting shot at a certain former goalkeeper that once defected to Ipswich. A spot on comment in my opinion. Well done Neil.

dont understand why some guy thought neil would answer that norwich made an illegal approach for grant, yes im sure he''s gonna say ''yes'' to that one .....

To a large extent I think these question and answer sessions are a complete waste of time. To have the CEO sitting there at his PC and answering questions on a range of topics relating to NCFC, is the equivalent of any politician sitting in a TV studio and answering questions from Jeremy Paxton. In both instances they only give straightforward and completely honest answers to questions with which they feel comfortable to do so. The rest of the time they give the best answer they can in the circumstances - the reply they think the majority of voters/customers or fans want to hear. What a farce!

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]We had around 60 questions - most of those not answered were about buying a centre back and where to play particular players - which are questions for Peter Grant rather than Neil Doncaster; there were also some ones that would have required detailed financial information to hand, and to answer would have taken time away for other questions placed; and there were one or two really silly ones that came from the WOTB crowd. Neil Doncaster was booked in from 12.30-1.30pm, but started at 12.20 and finished at 1.45pm - 25 minutes more that originally planned.
[/quote]

Fair enough. Two of my questions were based on financials and one was regarding the budgeting of player wages out of incoming transfer fees. I don`t really think that the financial ones required detailed financial information-they were general questions based on well known and accepted figures from the accounts. However, i didn`t think he would answer them.....

Never mind, i will just have to email him directly-although i know people who have emailed along similar lines and had no reply. We`ll see.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

The Huckerby signing only happened due to pressure from Nigel Worthington, the fans, local media,  and a local businessman who forked out.  It says it all that this board were offered the winning lottery ticket and still tried their hardest to turn it down.....  [:S]

[/quote]

Precisely. If a similar situation should arise again there is absolutely no way the board will take the "risk" if it is not paid for by other people. This,to me, is the crux of how this board are failing the club. In football, being so paranoid about taking a risk is a "risk" in itself. The decline we have seen in the past three seasons is the result of this.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Never mind, i will just have to email him directly-although i know people who have emailed along similar lines and had no reply. We`ll see.

[/quote]

I would expect you and Donkeykong[8-|][*] to get on like a house on fire[Y] Mr. Carrow [8-|][*]. Let us know how you get on, he always seems to return emails so I''m sure he will answer yours. [Y]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]We had around 60 questions - most of those not answered were about buying a centre back and where to play particular players - which are questions for Peter Grant rather than Neil Doncaster; there were also some ones that would have required detailed financial information to hand, and to answer would have taken time away for other questions placed; and there were one or two really silly ones that came from the WOTB crowd. Neil Doncaster was booked in from 12.30-1.30pm, but started at 12.20 and finished at 1.45pm - 25 minutes more that originally planned.
[/quote]

Fair enough. Two of my questions were based on financials and one was regarding the budgeting of player wages out of incoming transfer fees. I don`t really think that the financial ones required detailed financial information-they were general questions based on well known and accepted figures from the accounts. However, i didn`t think he would answer them.....

[/quote]

He''ll send the "Green Blazered ''Eventguard'' Stormtroopers" around to your gaff to sort you out - if you upset him!.........allegedly.[:P]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

On the contrary Cluck, there are a fair few people I''d like to see depart Carrow Road still, but ND is most certainly not one of them.

There aren''t many CE''s that make themselves as open and approachable as he does-not only in the Q & A sessions but also in replying to personal E Mails and inviting supporters to ring him if they want to discuss matters further.

And, of course, for doing all of this, for increasing his profile, he gets more exposure and therefore more stick-perhaps, at times, he wishes he just hid in his office and kept thoroughly behind the scenes, not getting involved at all and just picked up his salary.

Don''t you think some of us might actually be aware and realise that the club issues its fair share of smoke and spin?

Of course it does, that sort of thing starts at Government level and works its way downwards as far as you''d like, it is prevalent anywhere and everywhere, hell, if and when couples lie or bend the truth with each other, thats smoke and spin as well-so you''d expect it at our level! You could further argue that Brown is little more than a smokscreen for the embarassing state of the country-so should he get the boot?

Some of us hear the spin but choose to decide if it is or it isn''t and when to agree or not to agree with it, but you just have to accept its part of the game and will always be there, the club could implement your Utopian vision tomorrow -whatever that is-but there would still smoke and spin and there would still be people complaining about things, people, the way things are done.

"...contrived spin and bullshit..." ? Whether or not it comes from ND is, of course, open to peoples own viewpoint, mine includes thinking that you are quite a master of it yourself, which brings to mind the saying involving the pot and the kettle!

[/quote]

One of the best posts I''ve read on this forum, spot on Old Shuck!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote]

Oh dear...just another bucket full of apologists bilge OS.

Of course.....you really do think ND answers all of this mail himself? (gullible)...  You really think he gives his time (paid very well for) out of the goodness of his heart? (even more gullible then)  The bloke is just a well paid PR buffer for Smith and her puppets....and as a good pal and former club employee told me...office staff usually answer his emails as he has rather more "valuable" work to do. City fans are seen as a "necessary evil" by those in charge at NCFC as they strive ever harder to take this club back to the dark ages. Not so much "bums on seats"....it''s "bums with seats" bankrolling the Madonna''s dream.

Nice also to see the "pot kettle" aside dragged out again.....but then that''s the usual apologists chant isn''t it?

I think Doncaster has done well in becoming open to answering these questions, whether you like the answer or believe it.

However, my question was about the cup tickets. Please tell mde i''m not going crackers and that in the past our 1st round league cup match (if at carrow road) was free for season ticket holders? Doncaster said it wasn''t but i''m sure it was or was at a big discount. £10 is hardly a bargain v barnet!!