Sign in to follow this  
1st Wizard

Lat parts of the puzzle..

On a current squad i think we need about three new players before either the start of the season or end of August and the transfer window!

I would be looking for a centre back to be brought in permanentl as a first choice, someone like Sam Sodje for 750k possible..

I would then concentrate on another central midfielder, likely pairings would be Brellier or Russell with Smith or Fozzie ( who i thought played well the other night), however i do still think we need one more to provide a real class option.. maybe Bowyer on the cheap for 1 million, he would really lift the camp being an ex- top premiership player when he was at leeds! I would then sign Smith on for end of season when his loan expires in December..

Finally, I would concentrate on getting some left sided cover in maybe George McCartney on loan from West Ham and use him as cover for Drury and then Lappin as Huckerby''s cover!

Your thoughts...

All of the above would be good buys but to be honest I feel we''ve got the central midfield covered fairly well, although that is assuming that Fozzy will be more effective than he was last season which is not guarenteed. Danns would be an excellent choice though (similar type of player to Russel I think)

Sodje and/or Darren Moore would do me for central defensive cover.

I''d like to add left back cover, the scottish lad Dixon would be a decent shout, not that I know anything about him really other than he''s young, cheap and our management seem to rate him (despite not adding a 100k or so to their original offer)

I know we''ve got a lot of bodies for the strikers role but and I think they''ll all come good but none of them are especially proven (Cureton I rate and think will do well but one season as top goal scorer doesn''t make you proven. It proves you have talent but it doesn''t prove you can consistantly deliver that talent until you do a similar thing multiple seasons in a row) so Riordan would be nice.

I don''t really expect these and could get away without all apart from probably two more signings, a centre back and a leftback who can cover centre back to would make me more than happy.