Sign in to follow this  
hucks for eng

mark rivers

wer is mark he''s not our greatest player, but he does add something to9 the team? is it true him and worthy have fallen out??

also mcviegh needs a rest, he''s been v.poor recently with sloppy passes and off pace!!

I agree. Rivo is quality. I heard it is true that they had a bust up my mate asked him! I would also like to see Clint Easton back in the team. Hes better than McVeigh on the left!

clint is too much off a joker to be considered in the team, he''s not always full hearted but a few bench apparences would do him some good i think. to be honest he''s one of the weaker players in our best sqaud for years

I am sorry to break up this little love in but the truth of the matter is Rivers and Easton are both totally useless and don''t deserve a place in the Reserves let alone the first team, but if you were being ironic you certainly suckered me in.

But you seem sincere.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO - aargh that hurts - Clint (the man with no game) better than McVeigh on the left - no you''ve started me off again - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO.

Best thing I have seen in ages!

However I do agree that given the weak state of the right side of midfield Rivers can add something depending on which Rivers turns up - his consistency has been all too eveident and since his injury none of his first team appearances have been up to scratch. May be worth another go though - how is he doing in the reserves?

McVeigh worse than Clint - will keep me going til saturday!

OTBC

Easy Zipper, hold those sides in! I see the two posters are fairly recent members on this board and are obviously not aware of the general thoughts of the more established members on Rivers and Easton! If we had a quid for every post headed "Marke Rivers" or "Clint Easton" we''d be loaded!

FYI wannabe and Jim, the general concensus is, Rivers has some ability but is incapable of applying himself properly and showing it, or of staying fit, while Easton has less ability but a left foot that has been known to put a decent cross in on occasions. But not often enough.

The arrivals and emergence of Brennan and Henderson and the presence of McVeigh in the team have shown that they are just passengers in the team.

Got to agree Zipper, Clint better than McViegh (on the left) is cracking. Must wipe eyes, and compose myself.

Football is a game of opinion I admit but sometimes I am stumped. I watched Clint play so badly against Watford that I genuinely felt sorry for him. Yes, Small McVeigh has his dodgy moments but his first touch still sets him apart from most. His workrate has doubled under Worthy and he is available to receive the ball more often than not.

Drury worse than Sutch? Green worse than Marshall? No missus, don''t titter.....

its actully true mark rivers and nw have a disagreement of something i don''t know what but i think that nw should give him a chance back on that pitch

I have to admit that no way is clint easton better than mcveigh. Also, i believe that henderson is better than mark rives, simply because of his defensive strengths. If we reach the promise land though, i reckon we will have to sign a stronger right winger, as henderson has plenty of time to mature into a better player.

At the moment Hendo is the antithesis of Rivers, enthusiastic and hard working. Rivo was complacent when he had an automatic first team spot, and now he has to fight for his place he is disillusioned. His lethargy is costing him a place in the team.

I agree that McVeigh has been ineffective - and with Brennan out (the world''s most injury prone player) maybe Rivers deserves a run out to prove that he''s still got something to offer.

Easton must leave if we go up (or even if not for that matter), there''s no way he''ll get anywhere near the first team.

The idea that Clint is better than McVeigh is joke of the week for me. Maybe we should start a new slot on the pinkun website - "Funniest suggestion of the week"!

Next week, Joe Royle tries to tell us his team are better than everyone else in this division...

Well there''s one suggestion for a Web Oscar award...

Funniest Post
Best Poster
Best Post
Favourite Moderator ;o)

Why does everyone get on Rivers'' back so much? I don''t think that''s very fair considering he had a great start to the season and since his injury has only played about half a game. It''s been the same with every right winger we''ve had at this club - unreal expectations. We all know Rivers is capable of some sublime stuff, but it doesn''t mean he''s cr*p if it doesn''t happen every single time. I accept that his effort needs to be more consistent but it''s really unfair to suggest, on this season''s performances (and let''s face it, at the start of the season everyone was saying how he''d finally got things right), that he is useless etc.
As for Easton, I''ll make the point again, as I have many times, that we should never forget the role he played in getting us to the play-off final. Talented guy, wrong team.

Your Maj, the thing we find galling about Rivers is precisely your point regarding his effort, he doesn''t put any in. Hendo leaves him standing in endeavour although perhap not the potential talent of Rivers, which he also kept hidden but for brief periods, which everyone with a good word to say about him produces ad nauseam. Remember Pompey, yeah that is all I can remember.

Well said Peter - couldn''t put it any better myself. The man has the ability, but very rarely produces it. The fact is that his bad performances far outnumber his good ones, and to say we shouldn''t forget Clint''s performances in the playoff run and suggest that this is justification for playing him is laughable. They''re the only games that his performances were better-than-poor.

I didn''t for a moment suggest Clint should be in the team - I just find it strange that some people are really quite nasty about him when they forget that he did actually do some good for us once. As I said, I think he''s with the wrong team - he''d be much better off like Daryl Russell, with a lesser team somewhere where his talents would stand out a bit more. We are too good for him, quite simply.
As for Rivers, my point was that we haven''t seen enough of him this season to judge his ''effort'', although it sounds like he hasn''t been making any in training - hence not making the squad too often. If I was Worthy I would have reacted the same, because Rivers DID start the season making all the right moves, and we finally thought he''d cracked it, but after injury, didn''t seem to want to get back into the swing of things. Both players are extremely frustrating - they should take a leaf from Mcveigh, who started at this club as a player who didn''t really know what he was about, with no strength and not a lot of pace, but has worked incredibly hard to be what he is now.

Templeton: you make me blush my friend, although there should be a special ''Oscar'' struck for City Angel, for her faith and sheer belief over her beloved Darren Huckerby signing permantly for us. And I agree with you regarding Peter, top guy.

As for Mark ''sick note'' Rivers, the twit could''nt pass water!.

Gee thanks Wizard,always wanted to win an oscar,maybe this will be my chance,if I get back safe and sound from Cardiff that is!

Agree Rivers not our greatest player even but surely not the worst, also I think he was a still a quality right-winger that we were missing for last few years, don''t forget his great performance in Cardiff, such a big stadium and how danger he was. I saw him played against Derby County this season and althought he was played striker, but everytime he got the ball he wanted to carry the ball to the right, liked what McVeigh did, he carried to his left side. Worth a chance and honestly he wasn''t that poor...