Sign in to follow this  
Who killed the Croutons

Palace matters

Although I like the Trafalgar Square idea its abit out of the way. Realistically for 9.40 train catchers which arrive in London at 11.30.
Quick walk to London Bridge hop on the train to Norwood Junction (journey takes about 40mins), I reckon Red&Blue Army''s suggestion of the Wetherspoons looks good. Lots of space, cheap beer, 10 mins from SP. Any other ideas gratefully received.
Have we now got the whole of the Arthur Wait Stand as that doesnt look like it holds 7300 or are we now extending into other parts of the ground?
Looking forward to the day, last time I went there was Full Member cup semi against Charlton - anyone else go to that!! 4-3 aet if I remember and bloody freezing...

I think so - is that the one where we were 3-2 up with about 10 seconds to go and still managed to lose? I thought it was the Simod Cup.

Too long ago to remember clearly! Although I do remember it being VERY cold on the old Holmesdale terrace .

My fondest memories of Selhurst are as follows:

Sitting in the home fans end with some Palace mates. We scored first and I went up for the goal. They replied with five. Much ribbing ensued.

Standing on the open terrace during a fiercesome hail storm, and singing we shall not be moved. My pride knew no bounds.

Going to a Palace v Man ure game in the 80''s. Palace fans chanted. ''Where''s your famous Cockney Reds'' who duly invaded the palace sections and caused chaos.

Happy days.