Sign in to follow this  
robthehammer

WEST HAM IN PEACE

West ham supporter in peace. Just to say thanks so much for your friendliness and hospitality. I just worry that you and your stuards are too accommodating. I''ve been to many away grounds and I''ve never seen away supporters in home areas get away with so much. How do you put up with it? I suggest you raise it at the next supporters forum. Even at a friendly I felt it was getting a bit much. Best of luck for next season. Thought Croft and Brown looked useful.

Because it was exactly that - a friendly. Had it have been a league game then an away fan wouldn''t last two seconds in the home end before being moved on by a steward.

Hi Rob,

Had a couple of Hammers next to me, and had good bit of banter with them, did not mind them celebrating when you scored, would not have been so happy tho, if it was a league or cup game, best of luck next season.

thanks for post,my wifes a hammer and i made her make her own way there tonight,despite me having a 8 seater car,and now im going to sleep in the spare room as i cant stand her smug face!  but apart from that we are a friendly bunch!

I have to say the West Ham fans in front of me were really getting on my nerves<br>Banter, yes. Celebrate a goal, ok.<br>Singing "Who are you?" when you''re in amongst home fans was a bit OTT and I am disappointed the stewards didn''t ask them to tone it down a bit. Mind you, robthehammer, you seem a very untypical Hammers fan in that you are not a cocky and arrogant idiot with an over-inflated sense of your Club''s importance.<br>Thanks for the kind words.

If you were one of the Sc''ammers (Joorbichan) in the upper Barclay - you were being watched by security.

As for trouble, you need to look at our clubs history. We are not known for drunken brawls that you would see at most London clubs and others around the country.

I do have to ask though for a friendly that wasn''t exactly quick selling to begin with why did any your fans end up in a home seat anyway.

And surely if you thought it was getting a bit much you should have lead by example and left?!!

We are a Canary/Hammer household (my Mrs is an Iron!!!) and attended the game together tonight and sat together, ...and had some some good banter, ...AND travelled home together ...AND will be sleeping together tonight...BUT as soon as the season starts...its no more Mr Nice Guy.........and I''ll do just as I''m told.

Good night all!

I shall certainly not miss the arrogance of the lardeners/yarmouth boys in the championship this year.

having said that, and to be fair, they did look different class and i would guess that they will not be in the bottm three of the premiership this year.

What the hell has Cashton done to his hair?

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Because it was exactly that - a friendly. Had it have been a league game then an away fan wouldn''t last two seconds in the home end before being moved on by a steward.[/quote] They would have moved the complaining Norwich fan first!  Norwich is a soft touch - I hate gobby away fans in ''home'' areas.  Lets have a friendly at West Ham next season buy blocks of seats in their ''home'' end and then see what happens.  Norwich fans would not last two minutes, and rightly so!

P.S Hundreds of West Ham fans with shirts singing inside Lloyds on Riverside.  I and my friends got asked to leave after singing OTBC when we best Ipswich!

Hi Rob

I guess we are just nice!  We had a couple of Hammers next to us, they behaved themselves.  I don''t have a problem with opposing fans in the home area for a game like this, (if they consider where they are).  In a cup match or something like a derby game then no way, far too many problems for both sets of fans and the stewards to deal with.

This was a friendly and the whole atmosphere was great.  My son in law is a Hammers fan and went in the away section. He really enjoyed it and was complimentary about the ground and Norwich.  He''s learning!  lol

I do mind if there is not enough seats for the home supporters but as there was enough I would be happy, but again no chanting etc, its far too dangerous.

I thought the banter between both sets of supporters was good humoured and warm and friendly last night. For once, I didn''t detect any howls of derision from Hammers supporters when the crowd figure was announced. Normally, fans of even the smallest clubs love to mock the supposed poor attendance of a rival. This might sound over the top, but I thought the West Ham fans did everything to enhance the reputation of their football club last night. Well done to you all.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Because it was exactly that - a friendly. Had it have been a league game then an away fan wouldn''t last two seconds in the home end before being moved on by a steward.[/quote]

Pete, sorry, but this is not true. During our Premier season I had to ask stewards to have a word with visiting fans on several occasions. Many were clearly on a wind up and our stewards just watched. We are seen as a soft touch.

Its probably appropriate that I apologise to anyone in the upper barclay right side last night. I did get a bit sick of them gloating over one decent goal and a rather scruffy one and then failing to sit down when the rest of their lot had.

I didn''t say anything harsh - just asked where their mates were and why they werent allowed to sit with them!

Felt a bit silly afterwards but it had to be done. As for the stewards, well the two near me were bricking it. They haven''t seen a cuffufle like that since old Granny Wainright got impatient in the que at the local post office and proceeded to push everyone out of the way with her zimmer.

The thing that got me was that some of these guys were deliberatly looking to get on peoples nerves and something should have been done about it.

Luckily I was the only one, with everyone else being far to mature to take any notice of them, not sure my girlfriends family were too impressed by me either although I got a chuckle out of her brother. Probably at me mind you! Can''t help it, I go to a match and I just want to shout the whole time!

I was embarresed to be a City fan last night. There was a crowd of 22000, the away fans totally dominated the noise and I felt like was in an away ground. OK it was only a friendly bit if we are going to create a big away fans area then we need to ensure there is a home area that will create some atmosphere. Having Hammers all over the ground was not a good idea, it made the whole atmosphere unreal, ok it was a freindy but West Ham were treating it like a big game and we just sat back and let it happen. The only possible upside was the bird who was encouraged to get her tts out for the lads in the snake pit bit in the end failed to deliver.

I was in the snake pit & that bunch of Wet Sham fans wound me up to begin with! The bird who got chanted at (to get her **** out for the lads) shouted out "f*** off you canaries inorder to get that chant.

However, my dad was with me last night & I didn''t want to make a scene as he already thinks morons watch from the Barclay & snake pit as it is!!!

[quote user="chicken"]

Its probably appropriate that I apologise to anyone in the upper barclay right side last night. I did get a bit sick of them gloating over one decent goal and a rather scruffy one and then failing to sit down when the rest of their lot had.

I didn''t say anything harsh - just asked where their mates were and why they werent allowed to sit with them!

Felt a bit silly afterwards but it had to be done. As for the stewards, well the two near me were bricking it. They haven''t seen a cuffufle like that since old Granny Wainright got impatient in the que at the local post office and proceeded to push everyone out of the way with her zimmer.

The thing that got me was that some of these guys were deliberatly looking to get on peoples nerves and something should have been done about it.

Luckily I was the only one, with everyone else being far to mature to take any notice of them, not sure my girlfriends family were too impressed by me either although I got a chuckle out of her brother. Probably at me mind you! Can''t help it, I go to a match and I just want to shout the whole time!

[/quote]Good for you chicken. We''re just too nice. Away fans take liberties, it''s just a complete lack of respect. Would these supporters go to Newcastle, Spurs or any other ground and do the same? I think not. A few seasons ago I had to ask a steward to do his job when a Chelsea fan was totally out of order. His response was that he wouldn''t tell me how to do my job. Priceless.

I have sat in home areas as an away supporter all over the country, but I just sit on my hands and don''t take the mick. Never an issue. If I started to celebrate a goal or start a wind up I would fully expect to be ejected. Why don''t we do this?

Are you quite sure that was a young lady you were encouraging to expose her/his self?

I say this because some of the Sc''ammers that were around near where I was sitting were almost defenitely guys but they had "tts"! You have to be careful these days, you never can be sure, especially at a distance!

Yeah, but they were probably plastic fans from Thetford!! If it hadn''t been a friendly the part time Wet Scam fans wouldn''t have got their only ticket this season!