Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

*Sigh* - Lets Just admit it shall we?

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Brandon"]

lmao. Unlike people that flame Smudger and Cluck for their posts, I find Cluck especially pretty funny lmao. That''s not a dig at you btw Cluck, just that I find you humerous.

[/quote]

Now you lovely old boys , It seems the  posters that anger you the most are Wiz , who is a lovely old boy and easy to handle , Cluck, is perhaps one of the most intelligent posters on this board , the thing  that has struck me indeed knocked me sideways is his perception . Arto W whom i find a bit suspect , he should have known he could not sell his o,a,p, ticket to a young chap , and some of his post don''t sit easy with me . Smudger now theres a thing , the thing you must all remember is that they are all Norwich City fans and we must love them for that .[Y] arrdee.

[/quote]

Awwwwwww shucks Arrdee.....you really are a wonderful person aren''t you?.....and if you ever want to sleep with me you only have to ask..........

S.W.A.L.K.

Clucky XX [;)]

[/quote]

Cluck you lovely old boy I feel i must remind you at this point i am a happily married man . I know whats happend you have seen me and have been eating your heart out ever since .I have no intenen,,,,o.k. what the hell. [;)] [Y] [;)] see you next tuesday . arrdee. 

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="arrdee"]

Now you lovely old boys , It seems the  posters that anger you the most are Wiz , who is a lovely old boy and easy to handle , Cluck, is perhaps one of the most intelligent posters on this board , the thing  that has struck me indeed knocked me sideways is his perception . Arto W whom i find a bit suspect , he should have known he could not sell his o,a,p, ticket to a young chap , and some of his post don''t sit easy with me . Smudger now theres a thing , the thing you must all remember is that they are all Norwich City fans and we must love them for that .[Y] arrdee.

[/quote]

You may be a lovely old boy Ray  [:)] but how could you possibly think that Cluck is one of the most intelligent posters on here. Guess those pork and apple sausages have been laced with whisky and seriously affected your judgement.[:)]

[/quote]

Diane you are the most lovely sweetest angel ever and i love you to bits,but "ooooh " i have gone and upset you haven''t i ? "ooooh" i didn''t want this to happen for the world ,"ooooh" you aren''t going to like me any more are you ? What if i said i won''t say anything nice about that naughty Cluck for 10 weeks , o. k. all better now? Seriously Diane i can see how he angers you with his jibs , Clucks view on woman is they have no part in football , i am sure if he had a chat with you he would change his mind because you are up there with the best of them gal .This thing about whisky Diane i never drink anything stronger than beer . Now talking about beer , we went to the Fat Cat fri eve took Fat Barman some burgers and sausages (they could have been yours Diane) Sat outside in the sun Ruth with her J 2 0 me with my pints of real ale chatting to F barman lovely .Spur of the moment thing , maybe do the same thing next fri .Barman tells me he is revamping his house so is far to busy to post at the moment but he visits the board just to keep up [Y] arrdee.   

[quote user="hogesar"]

This forum, is falling to pieces isn''t it?

Very few posts (much like this one?) have substance to them, alot are aimed to insult and some have no relevance whatsoever!

The insults are getting out of hand, there''s alot of people who are focusing all their attention to Wiz, with the majority of the "Delia-Outers" insulting him directly.

I''ve had Millo respond to my posts with such things as "Enjoying the summer holidays" as an insult. Quite frankly, my age should be of no concern, but as it happens, yes i am enjoying them! Getting to play alot of cricket, and going on holiday soon? What point were you trying to make exactly, Millo?

And then Alex, claiming something to do with my website. Oh god, clutching at straws there. Infact i can''t be bothered to explain.

BUT FOR CHRIST SAKE PEOPLE!

It''s just football. It''s just a messageboard. But most importantly, any Football Fan should be excited about an upcoming season. We shouldn''t be complaining, we should be making wild, extreme predictions that we''re guaranteed to win the league! Because at the end of the day, we support teams, because we like football! And surely, we want Norwich to be promoted next season?

Here''s Hoping.

[/quote]I do want the team to be promoted and do well, but with this team and manager it ain''t going to happen. shame some others don''t want to take the yellow and green blinkers off.GRANT OUT

No you havent upset me [:D], just couldn''t understand how you think Cluck posts intelligently !!!!

Don''t you be horrible to poor Clucky to please me, I''d never sleep at night.

Sorry I missed you at the Fat Cat, will catch up with you soon  [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"] surely a fan of your long standing must realise that this is the "City Way". Sell a player for millions and purchase a cheap replacement! We have done it for years and years.

[/quote]

I agree with you Stevie Wonder, this is a point I have been making over and over! My first recollection of it was selling Ron Davies and Hugh Curran in the 60''s and buying cheap replacements. But thing is... it must work otherwise we couldn''t keep selling players for millions - If it didn''t work it would only happen once - The biggest mystery about being a selling club is how we continually have the players to sell!

[/quote]

A somewhat surprising remark from you Nigel. For a start relegation followed the sales of Reeves and Sutton. For much of the 80''s we were lucky in that Brown and Stringer were very adept in the transfer market and were able to replace the departing million pound players with bargain basement buys such as Woods replaced by Gunn, Watson replaced by Butterworth, Bruce replaced by Linighan, Fleck replaced by Robins. It only truly fell apart when we replaced Sutton with Sheron! Through the 90''s we sold the occasional player for big money but were usually able to replace from the Youth Team.

Currently we do not seem to have that saleable asset although as I have previously said Marshall looks to be the next one and he cost us a £1 million.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

You may be a lovely old boy Ray  [:)] but how could you possibly think that Cluck is one of the most intelligent posters on here. Guess those pork and apple sausages have been laced with whisky and seriously affected your judgement.[:)]

[/quote]

Diane you are the most lovely sweetest angel ever and i love you to bits,but "ooooh " i have gone and upset you haven''t i ? "ooooh" i didn''t want this to happen for the world ,"ooooh" you aren''t going to like me any more are you ? What if i said i won''t say anything nice about that naughty Cluck for 10 weeks , o. k. all better now? Seriously Diane i can see how he angers you with his jibs , Clucks view on woman is they have no part in football , i am sure if he had a chat with you he would change his mind because you are up there with the best of them gal .This thing about whisky Diane i never drink anything stronger than beer . Now talking about beer , we went to the Fat Cat fri eve took Fat Barman some burgers and sausages (they could have been yours Diane) Sat outside in the sun Ruth with her J 2 0 me with my pints of real ale chatting to F barman lovely .Spur of the moment thing , maybe do the same thing next fri .Barman tells me he is revamping his house so is far to busy to post at the moment but he visits the board just to keep up [Y] arrdee.   

[/quote]

My breast is heaving at the thought Arrdee......Howard and Marina eat your heart out eh?       [:)]

As for the matter of women and football......I have nothing against them watching it on television in the privacy of their own home....but when they start trying to understand the rules of the game and discuss tactics it all falls to pieces. For them the term "dishy" equals a good signing, and that says it all really.

It would be nice for them to have their own little thread on hair styles.....and maybe "which player has the sexiest legs" etc....but wasting a perfectly good season ticket which a man could have had is all rather pointless isn''t it?

Still.....some call it progress.......

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"] surely a fan of your long standing must realise that this is the "City Way". Sell a player for millions and purchase a cheap replacement! We have done it for years and years.

[/quote]

I agree with you Stevie Wonder, this is a point I have been making over and over! My first recollection of it was selling Ron Davies and Hugh Curran in the 60''s and buying cheap replacements. But thing is... it must work otherwise we couldn''t keep selling players for millions - If it didn''t work it would only happen once - The biggest mystery about being a selling club is how we continually have the players to sell!

[/quote]

A somewhat surprising remark from you Nigel. For a start relegation followed the sales of Reeves and Sutton. For much of the 80''s we were lucky in that Brown and Stringer were very adept in the transfer market and were able to replace the departing million pound players with bargain basement buys such as Woods replaced by Gunn, Watson replaced by Butterworth, Bruce replaced by Linighan, Fleck replaced by Robins. It only truly fell apart when we replaced Sutton with Sheron! Through the 90''s we sold the occasional player for big money but were usually able to replace from the Youth Team.

Currently we do not seem to have that saleable asset although as I have previously said Marshall looks to be the next one and he cost us a £1 million.

[/quote]

That''s right, I agree with your post again Stevie Wonder. But you don''t know if we have a saleable asset and you are guessing about Marshall. Kevin Drinkell was signed from Grimsby, would he have been considered a saleable asset at the time? Chris Brown was signed from Sunderland for around £300,000, a half decent season from him and he will be a saleable asset. We are a selling club as are most clubs like us. I am not saying I agree with it, maybe just that I am used to it.

Good points as usual Nutty. One of the things i like about the recent crop of signings is that nearly all of them are under 25 and there is a chance that some of them may become "saleable assets". Who would of thought Etuhu would leave for £1.5million a year ago?

One concern however is that the "get-out clause" situation might be very advantageous to a club who is actually hoping to profit from player sales, ie. both parties are happy to put in a fairly low get-out clause as the player would then have a greater number of clubs to choose from if he performs well, and the club would have a ready excuse to placate the supporters when the player leaves. Cynical i know, but recent evidence suggests the club ARE looking to make profits in the transfer market. Anyone care to wager that the forthcoming accounts won`t show another big profit on player trading?

Another point of course is that just because the club have been "selling" for years, doesn`t mean that we can`t expect it to be trying to get into a situation where it doesn`t have to and players are not so keen to leave.