Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

*Sigh* - Lets Just admit it shall we?

This forum, is falling to pieces isn''t it?

Very few posts (much like this one?) have substance to them, alot are aimed to insult and some have no relevance whatsoever!

The insults are getting out of hand, there''s alot of people who are focusing all their attention to Wiz, with the majority of the "Delia-Outers" insulting him directly.

I''ve had Millo respond to my posts with such things as "Enjoying the summer holidays" as an insult. Quite frankly, my age should be of no concern, but as it happens, yes i am enjoying them! Getting to play alot of cricket, and going on holiday soon? What point were you trying to make exactly, Millo?

And then Alex, claiming something to do with my website. Oh god, clutching at straws there. Infact i can''t be bothered to explain.

BUT FOR CHRIST SAKE PEOPLE!

It''s just football. It''s just a messageboard. But most importantly, any Football Fan should be excited about an upcoming season. We shouldn''t be complaining, we should be making wild, extreme predictions that we''re guaranteed to win the league! Because at the end of the day, we support teams, because we like football! And surely, we want Norwich to be promoted next season?

Here''s Hoping.

Well Said!

There are some really good posters and there is some good debate at times. There are also some very accurate posters who appear well informed. The real issue is that this site has become more and more negative and less and less exciting.

I dont think the transfer activity is over and I do think we now have a group of players who want to be at the club. Now its time to become a team on and off the field. 

[quote user="hogesar"]

Very few posts (much like this one?) have substance to them, alot are aimed to insult and some have no relevance whatsoever!

The insults are getting out of hand, there''s alot of people who are focusing all their attention to Wiz, with the majority of the "Delia-Outers" insulting him directly.

I''ve had Millo respond to my posts with such things as "Enjoying the summer holidays" as an insult. Quite frankly, my age should be of no concern, but as it happens, yes i am enjoying them! Getting to play alot of cricket, and going on holiday soon? What point were you trying to make exactly, Millo?

And then Alex, claiming something to do with my website. Oh god, clutching at straws there. Infact i can''t be bothered to explain.

It''s just football. It''s just a messageboard. But most importantly, any Football Fan should be excited about an upcoming season. We shouldn''t be complaining, we should be making wild, extreme predictions that we''re guaranteed to win the league! Because at the end of the day, we support teams, because we like football! And surely, we want Norwich to be promoted next season?

Here''s Hoping.

[/quote]

Sorry if i caused offence but it was in reply to you insulting me without me even addressing you in the 1st place, so i do want to make it clear you made the 1st move without provacation.

I do apologise but hopefully you will do the same.

[quote user="Millo"][quote user="hogesar"]

Here''s Hoping.

[/quote]

Sorry if i caused offence but it was in reply to you insulting me without me even addressing you in the 1st place, so i do want to make it clear you made the 1st move without provacation.

I do apologise but hopefully you will do the same.

[/quote]

I do apologise Millo, as indeed it was me. However the reason for me saying it wasn''t solely at you, certainly nothing personal. That day, so many posts had been made that were negative and in some cases blindly so, that i took it out on you. So once again i do apologise.

[quote user="hogesar"]

Here''s Hoping.

[/quote]

"Yeah Millo''s been doing it, to point score i guess. Sad, self-degrading...whatever it is, he must have quite alot of time on his hands.."

This is why i posted the offensive thread because i found your comment offensive. I have however apologised to both you and wiz.

Why don''t we put all the crap and bad feeling behind us, move on and concentrate on backing the team that we all love [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]Why don''t we put all the crap and bad feeling behind us, move on and concentrate on backing the team that we all love [:D][/quote]

Agreed Angel! [Y]

[quote user="cityangel"]Why don''t we put all the crap and bad feeling behind us, move on and concentrate on backing the team that we all love [:D][/quote]

Thats what we are doing isnt it?

Because CA, you''ll be accused of being a sheep or deluded (probably by a non-attender) or not having the balls to "say it like it is".

How about splitting the Board into two (the forum that is, not the NCFC Board of Directors!): one headed "Reasoned debate about footballing matters" and the other headed "Invective, Bile and Abuse". Then the mods could simply remove any thread that got personal onto the other Board. I wonder how many would be left on the former?

I''m now going off to get my coat sheered as its getting a bit warmer now..........and I almost feel I have to make an apology to actually looking forward to the start of this season (unlike this time last year).

Let''s all whistle the same tune, eat from the same menu, all drive proton torpedo''s coloured yellow, be courteous and over-apologetic to each other and if we accidentally have a relapse and don''t toe the party-line, eat at Delia''s, have Stepford Wives, be an NCFC shareholder, all concur that the NCFC board are doing an exemplary and marvellous job in running the Plc, mutter ''in hindsight'' in unison and in a monotone dialect, wear matching scarves, accept that everything is gospel from Mr Doncaster and the club media, etc, etc.........Then we can come on here, bid everyone "Good-Morning" then "Good-Afternoon", "Good-Evening"..........and "Good-night."........[:|]

It won''t get interesting till next week, when we win, lose or draw.......

Personally, just because I don''t back the board, so to speak, does not in any way shape or form mean that I don''t support the team, won''t be looking forward to the new season starting or desperately hoping that we win every game.  I will be getting behind the team and giving them my full support. 

I am sure this goes for others who don''t ''back the board''.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

Because CA, you''ll be accused of being a sheep or deluded (probably by a non-attender) or not having the balls to "say it like it is".

How about splitting the Board into two (the forum that is, not the NCFC Board of Directors!): one headed "Reasoned debate about footballing matters" and the other headed "Invective, Bile and Abuse". Then the mods could simply remove any thread that got personal onto the other Board. I wonder how many would be left on the former?

I''m now going off to get my coat sheered as its getting a bit warmer now..........and I almost feel I have to make an apology to actually looking forward to the start of this season (unlike this time last year).

[/quote]Lol, great stuff TW. I too am really excited about the new season. Not because i am convinced we''re going to win the league by 20 points, but just because it''s the start of a new season. It''s exciting. It''s always exciting. Everyone is equal at the start of the season, everyone has a chance, and everyone can get behind their team and see what they''re going to be capable of. No-one knows at this stage how competitive their team will be, and yes, it may all go pear-shaped like it has done the last 3 years, but what''s the point in booing at the start line?? To add some extra excitement to things this season, we have a manager most of us believe in, exciting new players, and as good a chance as anyone of doing well. So i''m going to be excited, as i know most of us are, and won''t be swayed by those that aren''t. Not before a ball has even been kicked anyway!

lmao. Unlike people that flame Smudger and Cluck for their posts, I find Cluck especially pretty funny lmao. That''s not a dig at you btw Cluck, just that I find you humerous.

[quote user="Brandon"]

lmao. Unlike people that flame Smudger and Cluck for their posts, I find Cluck especially pretty funny lmao. That''s not a dig at you btw Cluck, just that I find you humerous.

[/quote]

[:)]

I''m not meant to be taken seriously Brandon...but it''s always a bonus when I am! 

Maybe its because life isn''t as sweet at Carrow Road as some people seem to think. If you think someone is being deliberately provocative then ignore them. This is a forum for airing views on NCFC and thankfully not everyone has the same views as this would be an incredibly boring place if that was the case. The thought of a "positive posts only" section is awful - we do not live in world were everything is happy and shiny and the fairies dance with the pixies, where we live in candy covered houses and support a team of great players who are going to walk away with the league!!

In all honesty Wiz deserves some of the stick he gets as he is infamous for changing his views. However, he is entitled to do so just as the "anti-board" posters are entitled to point out his frequent changes of mind! Personally, I''m surprised that he seems to have changed his mind purely based upon the signing of Cureton which for me was the point when I began to feel that the board were starting to take the p*ss out of the fans - the fact that so many fan are happy at swapping Earnie for Cureton is mind boggling to be honest!

The only issues I have are when the attacks get personal and vindictive and where people get labelled as being pro or anti board or Worthy Outers and KTF''s. I support my team 100% and have a season ticket (which according to some makes me a sheep) but I have serious doubts about the board and their ambitions (or lack there of). Sadly it seems that it will take relegation for some people to wake up and realise what is happening at CR currently.

Mello (and Stevie)- the point is not that everyone should agree and pretend that all is sugar coated, pink, fluffy and lovely. The issue, as you Stevie correctly identify, is the standard of debate. Reasoned argument- yes. Invective, bile and abuse- no thanks. Its not about censoring views or preaching the same dogma. Its about respecting the opinions of others in a measured way and then putting forward coherent evidence based arguments to support your own view which may or may not differ.

Much of life is subjective and appears in shades of grey. It is rarely all good or all bad. So while some might generally back the team and believe the Board is doing an OK job, it doesn''t mean that they don''t share your resrvations about their lack of amibition.

I could argue that the earth is flat. If I do this is a logical manner then just because no body else agrees with me doesn''t mean I''m not entitled to my opinion. Defeating my argument with evidence is fine, calling me a delusional sheep-loving scummer would not be.

So in my world its not about mutual love, its about mutual respect. There go those flying pigs again...............

Mello (and Stevie)- the point is not that everyone should agree and pretend that all is sugar coated, pink, fluffy and lovely. The issue, as you Stevie correctly identify, is the standard of debate. Reasoned argument- yes. Invective, bile and abuse- no thanks. Its not about censoring views or preaching the same dogma. Its about respecting the opinions of others in a measured way and then putting forward coherent evidence based arguments to support your own view which may or may not differ.

Much of life is subjective and appears in shades of grey. It is rarely all good or all bad. So while some might generally back the team and believe the Board is doing an OK job, it doesn''t mean that they don''t share your resrvations about their lack of amibition.

I could argue that the earth is flat. If I do this is a logical manner then just because no body else agrees with me doesn''t mean I''m not entitled to my opinion. Defeating my argument with evidence is fine, calling me a delusional sheep-loving scummer would not be.

So in my world its not about mutual love, its about mutual respect. There go those flying pigs again...............

[/quote]

The days of holding hands and skipping through the flowers ends abruptly with puberty.....and in an adult world it''s pistols at dawn....not feather dusters at 3 metres.

Take it on the chin like the rest of us (we realists that is).......

[quote user="Brandon"]

[/quote]

Now you lovely old boys , It seems the  posters that anger you the most are Wiz , who is a lovely old boy and easy to handle , Cluck, is perhaps one of the most intelligent posters on this board , the thing  that has struck me indeed knocked me sideways is his perception . Arto W whom i find a bit suspect , he should have known he could not sell his o,a,p, ticket to a young chap , and some of his post don''t sit easy with me . Smudger now theres a thing , the thing you must all remember is that they are all Norwich City fans and we must love them for that .[Y] arrdee.

Cluck, I don''t know whether you miss the point, pretend to miss the point, get the point and then address a different point or are such a master of irony that I miss the point. Any which way, I have no desire to skip through any flowers with you matey, and as to pistols at dawn I have no doubt you''d win as your response is so dull and predictable I''d be asleep again before I loaded the gun. Oh dear, I''ve just fallen into your trap, or did I, whatever- your self delusional rantings undermine only yourself. Next please.

[quote user="arrdee"]

Now you lovely old boys , It seems the  posters that anger you the most are Wiz , who is a lovely old boy and easy to handle , Cluck, is perhaps one of the most intelligent posters on this board , the thing  that has struck me indeed knocked me sideways is his perception . Arto W whom i find a bit suspect , he should have known he could not sell his o,a,p, ticket to a young chap , and some of his post don''t sit easy with me . Smudger now theres a thing , the thing you must all remember is that they are all Norwich City fans and we must love them for that .[Y] arrdee.

[/quote]

You may be a lovely old boy Ray  [:)] but how could you possibly think that Cluck is one of the most intelligent posters on here. Guess those pork and apple sausages have been laced with whisky and seriously affected your judgement.[:)]

[/quote]

So you want me to give you a hug an'' a kiss then? [:|]

If pigs could fly, then I''m Squadron Leader ''Porky'' Bacon.........."CHOPS AWAY!" [ap]

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

I''m surprised that he seems to have changed his mind purely based upon the signing of Cureton which for me was the point when I began to feel that the board were starting to take the p*ss out of the fans - the fact that so many fan are happy at swapping Earnie for Cureton is mind boggling to be honest!

[/quote]

But we didn''t just swap Earnie for Curetin did we Stevie?. To suggest that, is slightly naughty of you mate, Earnshaw walked because of HIS escape clause, what was the club to do?, bind him head and foot to the Carrow Road railings!.

I wanted Jamie here because he was the championships top scorer, and City duly obliged, what the hell is mind boggling about that?.

Still, why let proven fact get in the way of a little old ''wiz bashing'' eh?.  [;)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

I''m surprised that he seems to have changed his mind purely based upon the signing of Cureton which for me was the point when I began to feel that the board were starting to take the p*ss out of the fans - the fact that so many fan are happy at swapping Earnie for Cureton is mind boggling to be honest!

[/quote]

But we didn''t just swap Earnie for Curetin did we Stevie?. To suggest that, is slightly naughty of you mate, Earnshaw walked because of HIS escape clause, what was the club to do?, bind him head and foot to the Carrow Road railings!.

I wanted Jamie here because he was the championships top scorer, and City duly obliged, what the hell is mind boggling about that?.

Still, why let proven fact get in the way of a little old ''wiz bashing'' eh?.  [;)]

[/quote]

I have no problem with Earnie leaving or even the fact that he had an escape clause. What I object to is replacing a 25 year old with a 32 year old! This is not a forward looking signing and is a short term fix knowing that the signing of a "cult hero" would suit a large propertion of the fans who think with their hearts and not with their heads. I loved Cureton when he was here first and time and I really hope he is a success but I can''t see why everyone is so excited at this signing. 2 years before he signed, Thorne banged in 20 odd goals for Cardiff and formed a lethal partnership with Earnie - his signing was slated as being backward etc and yet he was far more proven at this level than Cureton!!! WHilst this is old ground I believe Cureton scored his 23 goals from around 44 games as against Earnie''e 19 in 30 odd. There is no doubt that Earnie would have been the division''s top scorer by a country mile had he played 44 games! Furthermore, we have effectively replaced Earnie with Cureton - surely a fan of your long standing must realise that this is the "City Way". Sell a player for millions and purchase a cheap replacement! We have done it for years and years.

Since the end of last season we have sold Earnie, Safri, Etuhu and released Thorne, McVeigh, Louis-Jean, Henderson. During the course of last season we also sold Green, McKenzie and released Fleming & Robinson. This is something in the region of £8 million brought into the club and a lot of the high earners of the wage bill - Earnie, Safri, Fleming, Thorne and Green must have been amongst our highest earners and the likes of McVeigh, Etuhu and Robinson were no doubt on a fair wedge.

In the same period we have signed Croft, Dublin, Chadwick, Brown, Lappin, Fozzy, Marshall, Gilks, Otsemebor, Brellier, Smith (loan), Cureton, Russell & Strihivka.

Now I may be wrong but I wouldn''t be surprised if the 14 players signed are being paid less than the 11 of who have left the club. In particular, the likes of Gilks, Fozzy, Lappin aren''t likely to be the highest earners.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Brandon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Awwwwwww shucks Arrdee.....you really are a wonderful person aren''t you?.....and if you ever want to sleep with me you only have to ask..........

S.W.A.L.K.

Clucky XX [;)]

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"] surely a fan of your long standing must realise that this is the "City Way". Sell a player for millions and purchase a cheap replacement! We have done it for years and years.

[/quote]

I agree with you Stevie Wonder, this is a point I have been making over and over! My first recollection of it was selling Ron Davies and Hugh Curran in the 60''s and buying cheap replacements. But thing is... it must work otherwise we couldn''t keep selling players for millions - If it didn''t work it would only happen once - The biggest mystery about being a selling club is how we continually have the players to sell!

Waaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Auntieeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Cluck''s stolen my ball.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Auntieeeeeeeeeeeee! Where are you Auntie?Auntieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

[:''(][:''(][:''(] Waaaaaaggghhh!!!![:''(][:''(][:''(]

[:P]

OTBC

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Brandon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No money had changed hand before i gave up my Ticket to my sons friend and it only dawned on me when it was mentioned on here. Ive been told by the club that my friend can go to the ticket office prior to the games and make up the difference in price. You are entitled to find my opinions suspect but i personally fail to see why. Maybe my opinions dont sit easy with yours Arrdee so could that just be why you find me suss?

Regards