Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Youssef Safri - Grant explains

Two sides to every story.

Grant''s verbal against Mr Safri, is certainly having the desired effect on those who don''t know the true facts..........

Still, it''s only a message board based on opinion.........not fact.

Let''s see what Youseff has to say.........Oh, I don''t think he''ll say much, as it''s not his style.......

"And Ashton really was injured for the FA cup-tie against ''Worst Harm''........Honest!

Grant needs to tread carefully, outbursts can be counter-productive. 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Grant''s verbal against Mr Safri, is certainly having the desired effect on those who don''t know the true facts..........

Let''s see what Youseff has to say.........Oh, I don''t think he''ll say much, as it''s not his style.......

"And Ashton really was injured for the FA cup-tie against ''Worst Harm''........Honest!

[/quote]

And I of course do know the full story, and my messageboard opinion is, actually, fact. Unlike you lot.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

I guess he will be off now then, its been coming since the awful Bobinson weas selected ahead of him by Grunt during an 8 match winless run.  A damn shame cos Andy Hooze is STILL getting in the team every week.  And he was awful as usual again last night.

Why is it not Donkey or Hooves being removed from the club?? 

[/quote]

Coz they give 100% commitment blah blah blah....

It doesn''t really matter if they are utter c**p does it????

I wasn''t Safri''s biggest fan, but I dare say that the way Grant has treated him has a part to play in why Safri and his agent seem to want out.

Be gobby by all means if you can back it up like Brian Clough.....but little Peter Grant has neither the experience nor stature to get away with it.

It will be his ultimate downfall with the flair players going rapidly off the boil...leaving his numbnut favourites such as Hughes and Doherty to carry the banner.

[quote user="megson"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

And I of course do know the full story, and my messageboard opinion is, actually, fact. Unlike you lot.

[/quote]

You just keep spouting like your namesake.........it suits your character.

Oh, and are you ''special'' and privy to all that''s concealed at Carra?

So what would you rather Cluck? That Grant just lays down and lets the players walk all over him? I''m confused. One minute you want a strong manager, the next you''re suggesting Grant should ''put up'' just for the sake of keeping somone who clearly doesn''t want to be here.

Cluck & Smudger,

Would have to be Grant''s fault wouldn''t it?? Can''t you ever see or post anything positive about our club?

If you''d have bother to have gone last night you''d be feeling much happier with this team compared to Worthy''s team!!

[quote user="T07"]One of the best midfielders ever to play for Norwich. Ruthlessly dedicated. Perfectly able to play during Ramadan, as many Muslims do,
[/quote]

Wake up!  One of the best midfielders?  He only looks half good because of the rubbish playing around him. 

For years we have never seen a decent City side, but have watched tripe for years and so get used to it.

Safri is and has always been a sick note whether its ''fatigue'' or just plain lazyness.  As for Ramadan, Worthy hardly played him during this either and why mention that?  Surely as a professional he should do whatever it takes.  Do you congratulate Hucks for playing over Christmas after a few extra beers and puds?  NO.  If a player doesnt want to be here, then get shot regardless of who they are.  As for being 5 minutes late, wasnt he picking up his agent? hmmmmm

[quote user="T07"]One of the best midfielders ever to play for Norwich. Ruthlessly dedicated. Perfectly able to play during Ramadan, as many Muslims do,
[/quote]

Wake up!  One of the best midfielders?  He only looks half good because of the rubbish playing around him. 

For years we have never seen a decent City side, but have watched tripe for years and so get used to it.

Safri is and has always been a sick note whether its ''fatigue'' or just plain lazyness.  As for Ramadan, Worthy hardly played him during this either and why mention that?  Surely as a professional he should do whatever it takes.  Do you congratulate Hucks for playing over Christmas after a few extra beers and puds?  NO.  If a player doesnt want to be here, then get shot regardless of who they are.  As for being 5 minutes late, wasnt he picking up his agent? hmmmmm

[quote user="Cluck "]

Be gobby by all means if you can back it up like Brian Clough.....but little Peter Grant has neither the experience nor stature to get away with it.

It will be his ultimate downfall with the flair players going rapidly off the boil...leaving his numbnut favourites such as Hughes and Doherty to carry the banner.

[/quote]

[:O] I seriously hope you''re not defending Safri here, Cluck? Would you pay full-time wages to a part-timer who swans into work when he feels like it?

Grant''s attributes as a manager are so far dubious and unproven, but his demeanor toward Safri is fully justified. 

I feel that both Doherty & Hughes will leave during the course of the season.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="megson"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You just keep spouting like your namesake.........it suits your character.

Oh, and are you ''special'' and privy to all that''s concealed at Carra?

[/quote]

Are you?

My point is that you make out "i know best" then challenge my inside knowledge whilst ridiculing all those that believe Grant.

What factual evidence (not ''my opinion is fact'') do you actually have to prove that your ''opinion'' is more factual than anyone elses?

You''ve mentioned ''True Facts'' in your OP yet we are still waiting to hear what these are and where they come from.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

I guess he will be off now then, its been coming since the awful Bobinson weas selected ahead of him by Grunt during an 8 match winless run.  A damn shame cos Andy Hooze is STILL getting in the team every week.  And he was awful as usual again last night.

Why is it not Donkey or Hooves being removed from the club?? 

[/quote]

Coz they give 100% commitment blah blah blah....

It doesn''t really matter if they are utter c**p does it????

I wasn''t Safri''s biggest fan, but I dare say that the way Grant has treated him has a part to play in why Safri and his agent seem to want out.

[/quote]

"Since I came here Youssef''s agents have been wanting him away from here. From the second day I came in here, they said they had agreed it with the manager prior. I found out he hadn''t agreed that."

If they way Grant treated him on his first day in the job is the reason Saf wants to leave then your point is valid.

Seems to me it has to be justified selling another of our better players and Grant seems to have problems with the better players, makes me wonder why. Oh well probably a another mill or so in this boards pockets. Also we keep hearing we are losing Worthy''s deadwood, note, most have  shown a profit, not bad for a muppet.

Where did I say I know best? I said there are 2 sides to every story.....That''s why we have the courts - and a judge & jury listen to the defence and the prosecution. Then they decide whoever''s guilty or not.

My opinion pertaining to the subject, is that Safri hasn''t ''yet'', given his side to the story - and I''d prefer to hear his defence or reasons before I pass my comment.

Is that the team that could have been 4or 5 nil down at halftime, Some are easily pleased, i am just hoping a bad rehearsal turns into a good show

if saf wanted to leave he should go through the proper channels, transfer request etc...

we dont know if he did this and if it was knocked back.. we''ll probably never know.

Having read what i have read in the recent weeks i have a feeling that both Safri and Grant are to blame here.... We wont ever know the truth but perhaps both parties should take a look at their actions and conduct over the whole fiasco.

jas :)

Where did I say I know best? I said there are 2 sides to every story.....That''s why we have the courts - and a judge & jury listen to the defence and the prosecution. Then they decide whoever''s guilty or not.

My opinion pertaining to the subject, is that Safri hasn''t ''yet'', given his side to the story - and I''d prefer to hear his defence or reasons before I pass my comment.

[/quote]

Here is where you said you know best

"Grant''s verbal against Mr Safri, is certainly having the desired effect on those who don''t know the true facts.........."

Saf may have a side, and i''d be very interested to hear it.

Like it or not though there are agents out there now doing everything they can to get him a move.

If he doesn''t want to go he needs to knock that on the head, and since its been going on since Jan its a tricky situation to defend.

[quote user="megson"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

"Grant''s verbal against Mr Safri, is certainly having the desired effect on those who don''t know the true facts.........."

Like it or not though there are agents out there now doing everything they can to get him a move.

If he doesn''t want to go he needs to knock that on the head, and since its been going on since Jan its a tricky situation to defend.

[/quote]

Tootly toot parp parp.........There, I''ll blow your ickle trumpet to celebrate the fact you''re the board''s only ''Carra insider, oracle eye of know it all, see it all, and tell it all how it really is - unique/eunuch poster''.

I hope that has the desired effect on you.......

[quote user="cityangel"]

Cluck & Smudger,

Would have to be Grant''s fault wouldn''t it?? Can''t you ever see or post anything positive about our club?

If you''d have bother to have gone last night you''d be feeling much happier with this team compared to Worthy''s team!!

[/quote]

Equally CA....how about you trying to view things differently from your usual obsessively pro-club..pro-board stance?  We''re not talking about some kind of "personal" friend here in NCFC....it is a struggling business pouring PR out in a very cynical manner.....and sadly you are among those simply feeding the machine.

Look at Grant''s "favourites" and you will see Hughes and Doherty with Shackell wearing the captain''s armband. If that doesn''t ring alarms bells for you then you are well and truly under the PR spell. Rather like the bullyboy PE teacher playing his "pets"  because they tidy up the books after class....Grant has a similar pro workrate agenda.

If you think this assemblage of virtual "unknowns" is going to give value for money in the season ahead you are sadly deluded.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="megson"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Tootly toot parp parp.........There, I''ll blow your ickle trumpet to celebrate the fact you''re the board''s only ''Carra insider, oracle eye of know it all, see it all, and tell it all how it really is - unique/eunuch poster''.

I hope that has the desired effect on you.......

[/quote]

Lol.

Are you going to explain what you meant by "those who don''t know the true facts" though?

Cause i''d be interested to hear any other info you have.

What do i know? only what''s been in the press, never have and never will profess to be an insider, I''d love to be in these situations though.

My point is why should we assume the new manager is lying and the player is (or will) tell the ''truth''.

The ''true fact'' is, you don''t know the true facts and neither do I - and it just annoys me that there are those who don''t know the true facts - but are quick to pass judgement and concur with the manager and his verbal annoyance on a player - who''s not yet actually made a statement in his defence or an admission of guilt.

Only those involved with the situation that''s recently unfolded and reared its ugly head - know the actual circumstances and the truth. If, as allegedly reported, Mr Safri has been rockin'' the ''Carra coracle'' since January of ''this year'' - and he was seriously wanting away from here, being obstinate, unruly and instructing his agent/s to find him a new employer; why has it taken until now, for the manager and the Chief Exec - to suddenly start airing their discontent on the unacceptable behaviour of Mr Safri.

It should have been nipped in the bud at the onset of the situation, not "300 strikes and you''re out!" and instead of it building into a crescendo of verbal annoyance and frustration from ''Wee Jock McPlop'' and then ''Darth Donkster''. Why wait till the ''Worst Harm friendly to make an announcement? Maximo Impacto?

Maybe Safri, is a spoilt self centered egoist, or just maybe, they wish to alienate him from the fans to soften the blow of his departure. Maybe the manager has an issue with him, a personality clash or doesn''t think that the player''s VFM or an asset, because of his devout religious beliefs and commitment/loyalty to his Country?

Two sides to every story........it may come out in the wash or the wensum.....(we might have to wait till PG''s ("My rocky road to be Celtic''s kit-man"), Saf''s ("How to be a successful football agent and be loved by all fans") or Dark Lord Darth Donkster''s, ("Let''s talk about me, me, ME!") have published their autobiography''s).

There Meggersun, you''ve had my unhinged thoughts & attention.....

The ''true fact'' is, you don''t know the true facts and neither do I - and it just annoys me that there are those who don''t know the true facts - but are quick to pass judgement and concur with the manager and his verbal annoyance on a player - who''s not yet actually made a statement in his defence or an admission of guilt.

Only those involved with the situation that''s recently unfolded and reared its ugly head - know the actual circumstances and the truth. If, as allegedly reported, Mr Safri has been rockin'' the ''Carra coracle'' since January of ''this year'' - and he was seriously wanting away from here, being obstinate, unruly and instructing his agent/s to find him a new employer; why has it taken until now, for the manager and the Chief Exec - to suddenly start airing their discontent on the unacceptable behaviour of Mr Safri.

It should have been nipped in the bud at the onset of the situation, not "300 strikes and you''re out!" and instead of it building into a crescendo of verbal annoyance and frustration from ''Wee Jock McPlop'' and then ''Darth Donkster''. Why wait till the ''Worst Harm friendly to make an announcement? Maximo Impacto?

Maybe Safri, is a spoilt self centered egoist, or just maybe, they wish to alienate him from the fans to soften the blow of his departure. Maybe the manager has an issue with him, a personality clash or doesn''t think that the player''s VFM or an asset, because of his devout religious beliefs and commitment/loyalty to his Country?

Two sides to every story........it may come out in the wash or the wensum.....(we might have to wait till PG''s ("My rocky road to be Celtic''s kit-man"), Saf''s ("How to be a successful football agent and be loved by all fans") or Dark Lord Darth Donkster''s, ("Let''s talk about me, me, ME!") have published their autobiography''s).

There Meggersun, you''ve had my unhinged thoughts & attention.....

[/quote]And Saf''s gone to the Saints.......

[quote user="Cluck "]

Rather like the bullyboy PE teacher playing his "pets"  because they tidy up the books after class.

[/quote]

It expains quite alot about the school of hard knocks that they teach

PE out of books.  At proper schools, PE is a practical lesson.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Cluck "]

Rather like the bullyboy PE teacher playing his "pets"  because they tidy up the books after class.

[/quote]

It expains quite alot about the school of hard knocks that they teach

PE out of books.  At proper schools, PE is a practical lesson.[/quote]Big Smile [:D]Big Smile [:D]Big Smile [:D]Yes [Y] Devil [6]

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Sorry Cluck but I think Cloughie was like this whilst he was inexperienced too...Didn''t do him any harm did it?

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="cityangel"]

Cluck & Smudger,

[/quote]

your usual obsessively pro-club..

[/quote]

Are you a binner then Cluck, because I would expect any Norwich fan to be pro club...No?

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="cityangel"]

Cluck & Smudger,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you a binner then Cluck, because I would expect any Norwich fan to be pro club...No?

[/quote]

Alex.

It might help your cause if you learned what an adjective is.

OTBC

Grant was right all along.

Safri was moaning and wanting out all season, and so however bad we were, he should never have been picked. There would be no point in it, i reckon he wouldnt have exactly ben best of mates with the other players by this point.

So if Safri was a disruptive player who has wanted out since October 2006, and PG has stated that he will get rid of anybody that does not want to be part of what he is trying to achieve why wasn`t Safri put on the transfer list in January 2007?, why has it taken 8/9 months to get rid of him? - yet within two days of the press conference he is sold!!

I have no problem with the club getting rid of any personnel who do not want to work for Norwich City FC, but I am afriad to say an awful lot of you have bought into the statements coming out of CR despite the fact those statements contradict themselves.

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="cityangel"]

Cluck & Smudger,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Silly and immature taunt.......as to my mind a "pro club" attitude is very very different indeed to  a "pro everything Norwich City" attitude.

Standing by and watching this shower of amateurs playing with part of my heritage is not being a "friend" to the club. Recognising what they are up to and making open criticism is.

I love my club...not the fools who are running it.  There is a massive difference which far too many on here fail to see.

By the way...I know the tiny hamlet  Langton Matravers very well....and suggest you maybe get out more and converse with some rather more "in touch" City fans rather than relying on the "virtual" mentality on here. Again....there is a massive difference.......