Sign in to follow this  
Block E Buh

Song to run out to... Be positive!

Stevie you lovely old boy , if i wanted to be negative which you should know i am not so please forgive . I could say "Heartbreak Hotel" by Elvis , or "Now and then theres a fool such as i" , also by Elvis. One for the  binners "Lonesome Town "by Ricky Nelson . I would like to see the City run out (and believe me how i would like to see the City run out ) to the song Rocking all over the World .[Y] arrdee

Song to run out to........

[8]"FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD!"[8] from the Musical ''Oliver''........Delia would love it.[:|]

I loved coming out to Elevation by U2.

Man Utd come out to the "This is the one" by the ''Stone Roses'' and thats prett y cool.

I have hated the last few pre match songs we have had. The last one I liked was Hysteria by Muse but that wasn''t exactly uplifting lol

[quote user="FUEL ROX"]the tune i would love to see swords of a thousand men by tenpole tudor as the music to run out to

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JBbD20CUHJo
[/quote]

yeah, it''s a classic, let''s bring it back

Foo Fighters - Times like These, it''s a song I use when in the gym and struggling, it always gives me an adrenaline surge.

There are a few choices by the Prodigy but doubt they''d play "smack my b*tch up"!

Chemical brothers, a few like Leave Home or Block Rockin'' Beats

and lastly, what about Sephan Dennis - Gonna make you feel good or Joe Dolce - Shuddap you face  ????!!!!

"I see they are running a pole" - or a poll, even  ;o)Anyhow, I encourage you to vote, there are some terrible suggestions here:http://www.radiobroadland.co.uk/article.asp?id=454447

[quote user="Matt"]

We always run onto the pitch to such dull music, why not try something upbeat or a song that''ll get  the crowd in a winning mind, maybe "We will rock you" or "I predict a riot" ?

There''s been enough negativity pre-season, all true fans be positive now!

[/quote]

Hello guys! I posted this last year and things haven''t changed! Im hoping for some new suggestions or some claims for the excelent replies from before. I think it''s fair to say that the song picked last year wasn''t what I had in mind and none of you did either!

I''m a big Springsteen fan... several of his seem apt right now:

Downbound Train

I''m Goin Down

Ain''t Got You

Countin'' On A Miracle

The Price You Pay

Trapped

In all seriousness, if this debate pops up again then I would love to see the return of Elevation by U2 or even ''The Canaries'' which is played in the build up.

[quote user="Matt"]

We always run onto the pitch to such dull music, why not try something upbeat or a song that''ll get  the crowd in a winning mind, maybe "We will rock you" or "I predict a riot" ?

There''s been enough negativity pre-season, all true fans be positive now!

[/quote]

if we run out so any boring out of date crap like "we will rock you" then I will declare holy war on the loudspeaker system! The Kasabian song is about 50 million times better.

At the present time I wouldn;t go anywhere near songs with "riot" in the title, in case the fans take it to literally, although The Kaiser Chiefs would be preferable to Queen.

Bearing in mond Delia''s current stance I would suggest "Complete Control" by the Clash. That''s a rousing little number.

could also go for "should I stay or should I go" by The Clash, and get Delia on the pitch singing it, or Go Buddy Go by the Stranglers, changing "Buddy" to "Delia"

Bit of an old punk rocker, me.

A serious suggestion, which is a really rousing bit of music, few, if any of you will have heard of it, is "The official Colourbox World Cup Theme" by a band called Colourbox, who were also responsible for "Pump up the Volume" as MARRS. Few of you will have heard it because sadly you do not possess the same brilliant taste in music as I, and (at least some of you) are still wallowing in such dross as Queen, Bon Jovi, Status Quo, Springsteen etc etc, Sort yourselves out!

If we run out to We Will Rock You I will return my season ticket. Dear Prudence, brilliant suggestion.I also like Two Tribes. I have a feeling the second line "One is all that you can score" might be pretty pertinent this coming season.