Sign in to follow this  
Block E Buh

Song to run out to... Be positive!

We always run onto the pitch to such dull music, why not try something upbeat or a song that''ll get  the crowd in a winning mind, maybe "We will rock you" or "I predict a riot" ?

There''s been enough negativity pre-season, all true fans be positive now!

[quote user="Matt"]

We always run onto the pitch to such dull music, why not try something upbeat or a song that''ll get  the crowd in a winning mind, maybe "We will rock you" or "I predict a riot" ?

There''s been enough negativity pre-season, all true fans be positive now!

[/quote]

Would you like some cheese on top of that... how about a massive cheer from the crowd, that you can actually hear because it isn''t stiled by artifical atmosphere like a song being played...?

[quote user="Matt"]My positive post soon got a negative reply! It''s just to run out to, like Z Cars at Everton or Red Robin at Charlton.[/quote]

[:)]

Sorry about that! I have a vendetta against anything that stiffiles natural crowd noise/ chants.

Carrow Road too often reminds me of a Nightclub rather than a football ground. If there wasn''t music, people would get uncomfortable and start singing, as we see time and again at away grounds. So lets have goal music, and perhaps something to run onto the pitch with... the darkness as they''re local?  

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]They should play Chelsea Dagger by the Fratellis, or at least have it after goals when they are scored.[/quote]

what r u on about change the music wen we score! u can do that the music we got wen we score is gd, u cant change it it wudnt be the same!

I''d go for that too, I''m going to email Neil D and make a suggestion for voting one game and then the winning songs can be played for running out and scoring.

Hmmm... how about the late great Johnny Cash signing ''Delia''s Gone''

"Delia, oh Delia, Delia all my life

If I hadn''t-a shot poor Delia, I''d have had her for my wife

Delia''s gone, one more round, Delia''s gone"

Otherwise anything by Waylon Jennings...

Just the good ol'' boys,
Never meanin'' no harm,
Beats all you''ve ever saw, been in trouble with the law since the day they was
born.

Straight''nin'' the curve,
Flat''nin'' the hills.
Someday the moutain might get ''em, but the law never will.

Makin'' their way,
The only way they know how,
That''s just a little bit more than the law will allow.

"2 ribes" frankie goes to hollywood.

Soon to be replaced by "down down, deeper and down" by the quo once the injuries start kicking in ;)

jas :)

What about something older and unique to the club.. such as ''The Canaries'' song realeased way back when..

its a catchy old tune that the crowd can clap along to and can be listened to on www.myspace.com/norwichcity

Hmm... anything other than Queen. PLEASE!Hmm If Grant chooses it will either be Chelsea Dagger or I would walk 500 miles.

I vote for Blitzkreig Bop though. Quality.OTBC

i vote for the one we have at the minute ... just listening to that Blitzkreig Bop and i dont see why that would be so great as goal music, i think it would be poor

Matt has mentioned earlier in this thread that Everton run out to the theme of Z Cars, so how about our boys run out to the new series theme of Doctor Who? It''s the best known TV theme and one that the whole crowd could sing along to!

Just an idea, mind [:D]

You can''t haveChelsea dagger, it''s what we''ve had at West Ham this season. Nigel Reo Coker is a dj and he recommended it to the club. Whatever happened to, "lets be ''avin you"?

Oh no we can not have a song that Wetspam played, that would be so wrong, now if Nigel Medioka hadn''t been a DJ then I would have considered it.

I emailed Neil D, I basically said that we should have a vote on a matchday for our songs and he said that he would pass it on to Joe Ferrai or similar spelling.

I am quite a fan of Queen and really like One Vision, but it''s not

right for the teams to run out to.  I would prefer something a bit

livelier, with a really good begginging, this being the imortant part

in these circumstances.

Even keeping it to the one album (the one I have One Vision on) I can find 5 better songs:

Tie Your Mother Down

We Will Rock You

Tear it up

Headlong

although my favourite suggestion is:

Hammer to Fall  (Hear we stand and Hear we fall ....)

whatever just not "We Are The Champions" as it tempts fate (besides, its a love song)

Im glad there''s been some positive responses, let''s hope the powers that be are in a similar frame of mind. One Vision is not really going to get the crowd going, spot on Trent Canary! Let''s have something rocking as the players run onto the pitch, then OTBC and a great atmosphere will hopefully follow, providing the players are are as hyped up as much as the 26,000 are!

oh yeah the music we run out onto, tjat can change not bothered about that ... but the goal music?? should definately stick with ''samba de janeiro'' or whatever its called. i wouldnt like to see that changed!

Agree the goal music should not change. I loved Insomnia by faithless when we used to run out to that (Title winning season?)

And for the millionth time please get rid of "And heres dave from bungay to lead us with kick it off".....  We can do it ourselves!