Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Grant lining up Premiership midfielder on loan

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

David Thompson?

[/quote]

No, he''s been released, so it can''t be him and Grant has said it''s not Bowyer. Any ideas anyone?

Good shout, I''d be happy with Jimmy Smith. Or, also from Chelsea, Scott Sinclair, although he''s more of a winger.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

David Thompson?

[/quote]

Is he not out of contract, so who would loan him? 

On the NCFC site it is thought more likely to be a lad from Chelsea called Jimmy Smith, Eng U19 and highly thought of.

Its Jimmy Smith someone said on the offy tonight he has be correct in the past. :-) What angers me is that it is a short term loan deal? what we gonig to do when he leaves?

Extract from article:

However, Grant said the player was not West Ham''s Lee Bowyer, who was linked with City in some newspapers yesterday.

“I have not spoken to him,” said Grant. “I like Lee as a footballer, he has top quality. People often say he has baggage, but all the time he was at West Ham we didn''t have one bad moment with him.”

Don''t know about you lot, but that to me reads as though we have indeed made an offer for Bowyer.

Here''s to hoping we have [D] And here''s to hoping he agrees terms [B] And one more for hoping Safri is on his way out [B]

[<:o)][<:o)][<:o)]

Jimmy Smith was on loan at QPR last year and scored a few... if we are spending money on loanee''s however I would like somebody that is more proven than this promising 20yr old... he looks like he is a bit of a ponce to me that would be too afraid to put his foot in!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]Jimmy Smith was on loan at QPR last year and scored a few... if we are spending money on loanee''s however I would like somebody that is more proven than this promising 20yr old... he looks like he is a bit of a ponce to me that would be too afraid to put his foot in!!![/quote]

Don''t know who the loan player is, but the acquisition of Bowyer would be pretty tasty wouldn''t it, Smudge?

Anyway ,what the hell are we doing with loan sigings !!!

It''s not as if its the day before the first game of the new season and we need to panic buy.

There''s still 3/4 weeks to go until the season starts and we''ve got £5 million from the sales of Earnshaw and Etuhu. Go out and BUY a bloody midfielder !!!?!, and before Grant comes out with the excuse - "we need to make sure that they''re better than what we''ve got", if we can''t find a better midfielder than the likes of Hughes and Fotheringham with £5m to spend then our entire scouting system should be sacked on the spot.

Make Lee Hendrie an offer he can''t refuse, make him the highest earner if needs be !!

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Good shout, I''d be happy with Jimmy Smith. Or, also from Chelsea, Scott Sinclair, although he''s more of a winger.[/quote]

Now I would be very happy if Scott Sinclair turned up at the door!

[quote user="Shyster"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Jimmy Smith was on loan at QPR last year and scored a few... if we are spending money on loanee''s however I would like somebody that is more proven than this promising 20yr old... he looks like he is a bit of a ponce to me that would be too afraid to put his foot in!!![/quote]

Don''t know who the loan player is, but the acquisition of Bowyer would be pretty tasty wouldn''t it, Smudge?

[/quote]

Don''t know SHYSTER... am uncertain on him... was undoubtedly a fantastic player in his day... I saw him when he was on fire at Leeds Utd and he should of got a chance with England and would of done if people were not so anal being more concerned in the mischief he was always linked to off the pitch.

Think he could still do a good job in the Championship but would also say that paying anything like £2.5million for him would be an absolute joke.

If we could get him for £1million or under, maybe offering more if we were to win promotion while he was with us then yeah I would say that it would be a good shout to go for him, otherwise I would almost certainly leave it.

So we can offer to pay 1 million for him now and give both him and West Ham more money if we go up - but if he demands a release fee clause incase he has a good season and we fail to get promoted...then we should brand him and West Ham the anti-christ and tell him we don''t want him.

Paying more on promotion and release causes are both calculated gambles...on both sides.   A win-win agreement - look it up in the management textbooks.

[quote user="nobbyg"]

So we can offer to pay 1 million for him now and give both him and West Ham more money if we go up - but if he demands a release fee clause incase he has a good season and we fail to get promoted...then we should brand him and West Ham the anti-christ and tell him we don''t want him.

Paying more on promotion and release causes are both calculated gambles...on both sides.   A win-win agreement - look it up in the management textbooks.

[/quote]

Well you got the first bit right anyway...

But why should we label him the anti-christ if he wants out?  He will just be another in a long line of Ex-City players who live in the REAL WORLD and have shown that they no longer want to play for a club that is so DEVOID OF AMBITION.

Players like Ashton and Earnshaw who have been vilainised by some would more than likely still be here if we were finishing within the top 6 (where a club of NCFC''s stature should be finishing in this league). 

Jimmy Smith looked very good for QPR last season. If we get him however I would very much hope it would be a season long loan. At least that way the players are committed to the club for the whole season and know that they are not just going to swan off back to their club at Christmas if all does not go well. He''s hardly likely to get a start for Chelsea at CM this season with all the players they have their at their disposal!

I don''t think it is Jimmy Smith because Grant said the "club rate him and fancy him so it could be over in a short period", and eventhough hes a good young player i cant really see chelsea needing him this year with the players they''ve got so id have thought if it was him it would be on a season long loan.

22(7) apperarances 6 goals when aged 18/19 from midfield...   Yes, I would like him in our squad on loan for the season.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Anyway ,what the hell are we doing with loan sigings !!!

It''s not as if its the day before the first game of the new season and we need to panic buy.

There''s still 3/4 weeks to go until the season starts and we''ve got £5 million from the sales of Earnshaw and Etuhu. Go out and BUY a bloody midfielder !!!?!, and before Grant comes out with the excuse - "we need to make sure that they''re better than what we''ve got", if we can''t find a better midfielder than the likes of Hughes and Fotheringham with £5m to spend then our entire scouting system should be sacked on the spot.

Make Lee Hendrie an offer he can''t refuse, make him the highest earner if needs be !!

[/quote]

I agree. The trouble with a loanee is that after three months he''ll go back and we''ll be back to stage one. We are so often told that it takes a player time to bed in (Dickson-2 years). What is the point of a three month loan if we can buy?What a waste of money.!!!

So he scores 6 goals in 20 games for QPR, yet looks like a ponce (to you smudger) that would be too afraid to put his foot in!!!

Perhaps someone should take your picture down to the training ground to ask Jimmy his opinion of you based on the fact that he knows about as much about you as you know of him....[;)]