Good post Kitters. My response would be:

Goalkeepers- Fine

Defenders- Wondered if we''d go for a centre back but I''m sure Shackell will provide excellent cover should we need it.

Midfielders- Hear''s where I probably would have liked to bring someone in. I feel that McVeigh is far more effective on the left, rather than on the right. He seems to be more attacking and takes players on. Our two battlers in the middle are doing a superb job. That just leaves the right where, I think we are weakest. Don''t get me wrong, Hendo did magnificently against the Binners and maybe his 6 week break out of the first team has done him good. He has talent Hendo, but is just a bit too inconsistant for me. At this stage of the season every point counts. Sorry if I''m on my own here but I don''t like Mulryne. I haven''t for a while now. I know he has a lot of support and some people see him as our "creative" player, but I think we are a worse side when he plays. He won''t take players on and our game just seems to slow down. Rivers isn''t the answer too I''m sure. Worthy watches him everyday and he still can''t make the bench (Ok I know he''s been injured recently!) Possibly Harper to bring in? He did a pretty good job on loan. He only makes the Pompey side when they have extreme injury crisis''s''s''s (That''s quite hard to spell!!) Whether Ports would want to let out a possible first teamer at this stage of the season is debatable. With all this in mind I would quite like a right sided attacking midfielder but who knows, maybe Hendo will be the answer.

Strikers- I did wonder about another target man as Robbo obviously isn''t what he used to be and Sven wasn''t hitting top form for me. However, I think we should probably stick with Sven and give him a run in the first team, see what he can do.

Gotta agree with ya there DD the right hand side seems to be the area NW should look to improve. I think that perhaps this is what he is hinting at but i would imagine his searching has drawn a blank (as nothin has happened). If we make it to the Premiership, maybe someone like Reid could be the answer? As for now!?! i guess we''ll have to wait and see. Either that or Hendo will hit form.

Better to stay silent a la Worthy than make yourself out to be the desperate fool you are a la Mr Royle when it comes to loan signings.

Yes - right sided midfielder would seem to be the best way we could strenghten side for these final all important games - not sure who though... but I''m sure we all have confidence in NW now to get the right man...

of course we need a right midfielder but so far i dont think anyone has come up with a suitable man.when that happens maybe we can start complaining and saying ''why haven''t we brought anyone in''.
to my knowledge there are very few people who would easily suit our cause - the last thing we need is someone who has been sitting in the premier reserves all season i think

The best thing is Worthy hasnt had to rush. We are still top of the league and the team are still playing well despite some obvious weak(er) spots in the side. I am confident that he will only bring in someone who adds to the strength of the squad and as you say does not give daily I am bringing in a player update and nothing appears.

I have to agree entirely with Dumbledelias comments - we have strength in every position, despite a small squad, and the only glaring gap is wide right. Shackell looks a star of the future everytime he plays and gives us defensive cover, any two from Hux, Sven, Leon, Iwan (bless him) and Jarvis is plenty for this league up front. However we do just about keep filling that wide right hole.

The only thing I would add to DDs comments are I would have some concern if Francis or particularly Holt were injured as Mullers has not set the world alight in his last few appearances which may leave us short in centre midfield.

OTBC

Very true Zippers. If Franny or Holt were injured for any length of time we would need another central midfielder to come in. Who, I don''t know. But if either were to get injured today (god forbid!) I wouldn''t want Mulryne to play for the rest of the season. I would be seriously worried if that were to happen. Jody Morris possibly?? I am of course joking! It would be pointless: When he wasn''t suspended, he''d be in court for some misdemeanour!

Two midfielders - one right-sided and one central. They''re the two weaknesses in our first team, with Francis, for me, the most worrying. The holes that open up in midfield and allow the opposition to attack are most often due to him not closing down. Holt does everything you could ask, and more, but he can''t make up for such a patchy performer.

I think a right sided midfielder is what we need most at the moment, I think if I was picking the City side at the moment I would have to "make-do" with whoever played there. We don''t have anyone who warrants immediate selection for that position.