Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Dear oh dear, have we offered £2.5m for Bowyer?

I hope it is true, Bowyer is quality! & yes, there''s still money left in the transfer kity as all £5m from Earnie & Etuhu is available to PG.

I wish Colchester could afford him!  As has been mentioned on other threads there''s little doubt that he''s not a "nice" bloke but I''ve seen him play several times and it was then basically as a midfielder/defender who went forward when he could but he also got back a hell of a lot.

On the games I saw, just a few, he never shirked a tackle, never shirked a situation.  Being very old as I am he briefly reminded me of Norman bites-yer-legs Hunter (whose tackles could be heard at the back of the stand).  Some of you won''t know of him!

If you''re going to have one "non-nice" bloke in your team I think it could be a good idea in midfield going forward.

Is he really worth £2.5m? Thats alot for a 30 year old. I''m not normally one to be concerned with age (i see it as "experience") but its the amount in comparison thats abit iffy. However I realise he is of high calibre and in this league would beat just about anybody in midfield.

I''d say if we do bid that much, make it £1.5m + sell-on clause or something. Hopefully then we can keep him here until his retirement and the sell-on clause would be null and void.

Sounds high but bring him in. Is it not high time we got rid of the '''' Nice Team in Norfolk'''' image and made our visitors nervous of our defence Brellier and Bowyer think about it ! about time we had a hard defence. Yes we risk the cards but it would be good to see some aggression at the back and let the visiting sides know to expect a hard time. Or am I being naive again ?

Do you people honestly think that we stand a canary in hell chance of signing him? Of course the majority of supporters would like him to sign WHY would he come to a club with little/no ambition?

Assuming £5million from Earnie & Etuhu was earmarked for Grant to spend then:

• £1million for Marshall
  • £800k for Cureton
  • £800k for the Czech guy

£2.5 million for Bowyer would take it just over £5million before you even consider the agents fees. I can''t help feeling it would be a case of putting all the eggs in one basket.

Still, I''ll see what happens over the course of the season...

Possibly because he might be guaranteed first team football?  I think a factor for many players.  He''s around 30, might be better than being a sub or playing before 900 in the reserves where he is?

Why would a lost soul like Sheringham come to us at Colchester?  He wants to play as much as he can before he has to give up?  That''s my bet.   West Ham said: "Time''s up, Teddy." 

Why did your goalkeeper come from Scotland?  He wants to be first choice would be my opinion and he had given up where he was.

About your ambition I cannot say.

Bowyer is just the sort of player we need in midfield, but if spending 2.5mill used up our transfer budget & meant we could not bring in a MUCH needed centre half then i''d rather we didn''t sign him

we did not get 5 million from the transfers, for a start they both had sell-on cluases so some has to go to WBA and  preston

Imagine Bowyer and Brellier in centre midfield. Most teams midfields would be too scared to even run onto the pitch against them![:D]

Sorry 2.5m would be way too much for Bowyer . When you consider how cheap Cureton was as top scorer in our league you would really have to say tops 1m for Bowyer especially as he has had a few injury problems and will continue to do so as he gets older with his aggresive style of play in the game.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I really hope this isn''t true.

£2.5m, Bowyer is never worth that, and a bid of that amount would be ludicrous.  If true, would there be any money left for transfers?  What about the defence?

As mush as it pains me, here is the link.  See last paragraph for our bid-

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/profile?id=7809&cc=5739

[/quote]

o dear nothing, he would be an amazing signing!!

Forget the fee, how would we pay his massive wages????

[quote user="The Legend of Huckerby"]

I hope it is true, Bowyer is quality! & yes, there''s still money left in the transfer kity as all £5m from Earnie & Etuhu is available to PG.

[/quote]