Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

NORWICH SIGN JIMMY SMITH FROM CHELSEA!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="chicken"]

Was living in west London untill Christmas - Jimmy Smith was good for QPR last season and I think this is a good move for both parties.

He will add options in midfield and the fact he knows Duffy (he was at Chelsea remember) is probably another factor. What I would say is that he will be 21 come next season and looking for first team football.

This could play into our hands if he wants to move on at any point.

Regarding his loan deal - untill December is good for us and for him. If he is good then we can extend it - if he is bad we are not lumbered with a player for the whole season, its not as simple as just sending the lad back anymore. To add to that a permanent signing may well be available by the time the January transfer window opens up - or he may be available on a permanent then also.

I think all ways around it makes sense. I hope that for him and for us it works out really well.

I just wish people would remember that its not all down to how good a player is but how they bed in with the team and management and outside life. To add to this we have signed various loan players in the past who were young and inexperienced and done very well - Parker and Bently are just two.

[/quote]

I have heard that Chelsea have already ruled out the prospect of us extending the loan deal.

Am not saying that has happened but it is what I have heard... and with us only signing him for 3months in the first instance you have to say that the rumour possibly carries some weight to it!!!

[/quote]

no offense but didn''t Grant say we had him until Dec 31st, Aug,Sep,Oct,Dec. Thats half the season.  I do agree though that permanent signings are required, despite Doncasters assurances I for one am not convinced that this will happen, Doncaster told me that we had no where near 5 million to spend, citing only the 3.5 and 1.5 from the sales minus our recent additions. Not once did he talk about the bids we made for Varney or Sharp. Either they knew Earnie was off, or they never had that money to spend in the first place, isn''t that considered fraud. Just imagine Sharp had chosen us, and no bids came in for Earnie, I wonder what would have happened then?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

Am not saying that has happened but it is what I have heard... and with us only signing him for 3months in the first instance you have to say that the rumour possibly carries some weight to it!!!

[/quote]

We''ve got him from tomorrow untiil 31st Dec, how do you make that 3 months??

[/quote]

It''s a reverse time dilation effect, predicted by Smudger''s theory of relativity. As things start looking up a bit, anti-happy particles (called Smudgertrons) are released in a cloud of plasma (smelly gas) to make sure everyone''s unhappy again; it''s a law of nature (well, his nature,anyway).

[quote user="ricardo"]

I hope the boy does well but it''s funny how people have suddenly forgotten the promise to spend the Etuhu transfer money.

I suppose this lad is likely to cost us similar wages to what we would have been paying Dickson.

Therefore where has the £1.5 million gone.

[/quote]

Who says there''s not more to come...

[quote user="Salahuddin"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="chicken"]

Was living in west London untill Christmas - Jimmy Smith was good for QPR last season and I think this is a good move for both parties.

He will add options in midfield and the fact he knows Duffy (he was at Chelsea remember) is probably another factor. What I would say is that he will be 21 come next season and looking for first team football.

This could play into our hands if he wants to move on at any point.

Regarding his loan deal - untill December is good for us and for him. If he is good then we can extend it - if he is bad we are not lumbered with a player for the whole season, its not as simple as just sending the lad back anymore. To add to that a permanent signing may well be available by the time the January transfer window opens up - or he may be available on a permanent then also.

I think all ways around it makes sense. I hope that for him and for us it works out really well.

I just wish people would remember that its not all down to how good a player is but how they bed in with the team and management and outside life. To add to this we have signed various loan players in the past who were young and inexperienced and done very well - Parker and Bently are just two.

[/quote]

I have heard that Chelsea have already ruled out the prospect of us extending the loan deal.

[/quote]

no offense but didn''t Grant say we had him until Dec 31st, Aug,Sep,Oct,Dec. Thats half the season.  I do agree though that permanent signings are required, despite Doncasters assurances I for one am not convinced that this will happen, Doncaster told me that we had no where near 5 million to spend, citing only the 3.5 and 1.5 from the sales minus our recent additions. Not once did he talk about the bids we made for Varney or Sharp. Either they knew Earnie was off, or they never had that money to spend in the first place, isn''t that considered fraud. Just imagine Sharp had chosen us, and no bids came in for Earnie, I wonder what would have happened then?

[/quote]

Yes, I agree, we should let all the supporters know EXACTLY how much money is in the kitty ..... hang on, wouldn''t that mean everybody else would know too? Of course, other clubs/agents  wouldn''t be tempted to jack their prices up, would they? Surely not. Then again ......... Hmmmm........

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="ricardo"]

I hope the boy does well but it''s funny how people have suddenly forgotten the promise to spend the Etuhu transfer money.

I suppose this lad is likely to cost us similar wages to what we would have been paying Dickson.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Silly i know but if history has a say it it i wouldnt hold my breath!

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

We''ve got him from tomorrow untiil 31st Dec, how do you make that 3 months??

[/quote]

It''s a reverse time dilation effect, predicted by Smudger''s theory of relativity. As things start looking up a bit, anti-happy particles (called Smudgertrons) are released in a cloud of plasma (smelly gas) to make sure everyone''s unhappy again; it''s a law of nature (well, his nature,anyway).

[/quote]Marvellous post Ron O. You really do have to laugh at him don''t you?[:D]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Through long experience I''ve learned never to hold my breath where Norwich City and parting with money are concerned Arthur.

One thing you can be totally sure of is that this will be another financially successful transfer window.

The point of my post was to say that the unhappiness at the exit of Dickson seems to have been dissipated with a loan deal. Does anyone really believe we will spend the £1.5 million on another player?

Ricardo is right, Earnie goes, everyone is devastated and bang, Cureton arrives for a fraction of the price, Etuhu goes and suddenly there is Smith, I''m sure he is a good prospect, but surely we need to build our team, not help someone elses. We have the money so lets spend it

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh please hold your breath, and perhaps smudge and wayne and ricky and the other couple might copy you on that too. What a blessed relief if all the self promoting dullards were quiet for a bit, or just turned blue and went away for good.

i hope jimbo makes the same impact that scott parker did when he came to city on a loan deal.  sounds like he helped QPR out of the do-do last season, could he help us into the top 6 with better players around him???as for fozzy - granty has chosen to big him after starring in midfield against kings lynn - saying his fitness levels are bang up there - they need to be - i don''t think he had enough energy in midfield last season - i''m hopin he lasts the pace this season and makes his mark.  he''s a skilful player alright - but for me, having fancy flicks is no good unless theres a product at the end - i want to see fozzy feeding balls into the front 2 that create chances - if he can do that he''ll earn his wage.as for safs - sorry mate - if he wants to stay and play - he''ll have to give his intl commitments the heave-ho. he can''t have it all ways.  if not, he''ll have to be prepared to play second fiddle on the bench - but what a bench option for PG.  looking good i''d say.what no new central defender??? jigsaw piece missing.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Me... maybe Granty might get a centre-back in (probably on loan again)....

but that will still leave the question of where the £1.5million has gone plus the rest of the money remaining from the Earnshaw sale...  let alone where the supposed investment from those in the boardroom is!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Me... maybe Granty might get a centre-back in (probably on loan again)....

but that will still leave the question of where the £1.5million has gone plus the rest of the money remaining from the Earnshaw sale...  let alone where the supposed investment from those in the boardroom is!!!

[/quote]

Who is out there Smudge? Who would you buy? Should we just spend for the sake of it?

I for one dont think PG has stopped yet, we still have a lot of time left till the window closes. Your like a bloody broken record mate, yada yada yada.

I think you would suit the Big Brother house better than on here (cue freedom of speech,history proves im right yada yada!)

There seems to be a bit of a problem here in people only bothering to read the bits of stories that they want to rant about.  In the story Grant fed up with agents’ dirty tricks on this very site only yesterday (the 18th) was this direct quote from PG:  "Even if Dickson Etuhu was here I''d still be looking to bring two or three people in. We''re going to be looking to replace in an area of the pitch where I didn''t want to be doing it. Trying to get the same quality, that''s the problem.”

So from that you can assume that we will be getting in other players - possibly 2 or 3 more - on top of Smith, who himself is a promising prospect.  Of course, I''m sure the usual suspects will moan about each of these signings when they arrive, but such is life.