Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

NORWICH SIGN JIMMY SMITH FROM CHELSEA!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]What a laugh... so a schoolboy international is going to take us to the league title now is he???  [:D][/quote]

He''s hardly a schoolboy at age 20 is he?? Captain of their youth team, has been there for several years so must be promising if they''ve kept hold of him and had a great season at QPR last year.

Welcome to Norwich Jimmy, 99% of us will make you very welcome!

[quote user="Smudger"]What a laugh... so a schoolboy international is going to take us to the league title now is he???  [:D][/quote]

The usual patronising nonsense from you again

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Did you see him play last yr? No thought not, a very good piece of business, who is very well thought of @ Chelski. If he''s good enough for them long term then he''s good enough for us short term.

I remember a famous qte..."you win nothing with kids".......I rememeber the moans when we didnt act like Brum did last yr with Bendtner et al....No pleasing some people.I remember Smudger..... did u not once call for our youth to be given a chance? He is better than most of our youth.

If they are good enough they are old enough.

Well done PG!.....and still with money to spare!(cue moans of where will this batch of money go....yawn)

[/quote]

Wasted money on somebody that we have to return to sender in 3 months time in my opinion...

No doub''t this is Etuhu''s replacement? 

Well you best get a quality midfielder in on a permanent deal and quickly Grant... coz yet again this is not good enough!!!

If you had of brought Smith in with Dickson still here then credit would of been due... but you didn''t did you???

As for me calling for us to give youth a chance... where is this post then???

All I ever stated last year is that I would of rather given some of the youth players a go towards the back end of last year than keep playing some of the deadwood that we had/have still got... I never ever said that they were the answer did I????

[quote user="All in yellow"]

Why do people still reply to Smudger? He''s a tedious wind up merchant. There is no way he really feels like this, he''s just either a) a bored lonely person trying to get a rise (which he gets) or b) a binner. I really can''t understand why people rise to his bait. I''m just going to completely ignore his posts from now on and I hope others will do the same. Eventually when nobody reponds to his predicatble and tiresome tirades he''ll fade back from whence he came.

[/quote]

Go ahead...see if I care...

If you think I post on here to get a bit of attention then you are clearly far more disillusioned than what I initially thought!!!  [:D]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

hahaha - Ill take that with a pinch of salt...  I doubt we could even sign Henry without Smudge saying he was too old or suchlike... 

IMO Great signing as long as he is not the only Centre mid picked up before the season starts.

Anyway QPR fans views http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=925&p=16&style=2&forumId=3672&action=1&replytoid=528673683

[/quote]

Of course he almost definetely will be the only midfielder that we pick up prior to the season kicking off.... with lots of the wooly flock happy and yet more money bouncing in to infinity and beyond!!!

Was living in west London untill Christmas - Jimmy Smith was good for QPR last season and I think this is a good move for both parties.

He will add options in midfield and the fact he knows Duffy (he was at Chelsea remember) is probably another factor. What I would say is that he will be 21 come next season and looking for first team football.

This could play into our hands if he wants to move on at any point.

Regarding his loan deal - untill December is good for us and for him. If he is good then we can extend it - if he is bad we are not lumbered with a player for the whole season, its not as simple as just sending the lad back anymore. To add to that a permanent signing may well be available by the time the January transfer window opens up - or he may be available on a permanent then also.

I think all ways around it makes sense. I hope that for him and for us it works out really well.

I just wish people would remember that its not all down to how good a player is but how they bed in with the team and management and outside life. To add to this we have signed various loan players in the past who were young and inexperienced and done very well - Parker and Bently are just two.

Why do people still reply to Smudger? He''s a tedious wind up merchant. There is no way he really feels like this, he''s just either a) a bored lonely person trying to get a rise (which he gets) or b) a binner. I really can''t understand why people rise to his bait. I''m just going to completely ignore his posts from now on and I hope others will do the same. Eventually when nobody reponds to his predicatble and tiresome tirades he''ll fade back from whence he came.

[/quote]

Great post. I don''t even read his posts. I totally agree.

Come off it Smudger of course you do it for attention, we arent stupid, you provoke for a reaction and you love the infamy, you may have attended a few games early nineties and thats about it.

[quote user="chicken"]

Was living in west London untill Christmas - Jimmy Smith was good for QPR last season and I think this is a good move for both parties.

He will add options in midfield and the fact he knows Duffy (he was at Chelsea remember) is probably another factor. What I would say is that he will be 21 come next season and looking for first team football.

This could play into our hands if he wants to move on at any point.

Regarding his loan deal - untill December is good for us and for him. If he is good then we can extend it - if he is bad we are not lumbered with a player for the whole season, its not as simple as just sending the lad back anymore. To add to that a permanent signing may well be available by the time the January transfer window opens up - or he may be available on a permanent then also.

I think all ways around it makes sense. I hope that for him and for us it works out really well.

I just wish people would remember that its not all down to how good a player is but how they bed in with the team and management and outside life. To add to this we have signed various loan players in the past who were young and inexperienced and done very well - Parker and Bently are just two.

[/quote]

I have heard that Chelsea have already ruled out the prospect of us extending the loan deal.

Am not saying that has happened but it is what I have heard... and with us only signing him for 3months in the first instance you have to say that the rumour possibly carries some weight to it!!!

[/quote]Exactly Yellow i just don''t understand why people keep him happy by responding to him, i also completely ignore him now as should everyone else on here.

what a signing im delighted he is here i was at the both qpr games last season and he looked a real prospect for the future ,would of prefered a longer loan or permanent player like him instead .does anyone know who else where trying to get him in?

I just thought I''d highlight this for the likes of Ricky Knight who don''t believe that we can compete for signings :"We are very pleased to have got him because there were two other

Championship clubs that wanted him and we are pleased he has chosen us."link here

you have taken over from wiz but at least wiz did make some sense,do you sit all day waiting for someone to make a comment then jump in with your neg answer.

I think its a quality signing and its good to see someone in midfield cho clearly knows where the goal is

[quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

“I would like to make it a season long loan but I know his club rate him and fancy him so it could be over a short period,” said Grant.

PG obviously wanted him for the season. Bet he doesn''t relish the prospect of repeating the endless phone calls and dealings trying to patch up his side again in the January transfer window. Is a short-term loan deal for Jimmy the ideal solution? IMO - no and I''d suggest that PG''s comments suggest the same thing. But the fact is that his plans went t*ts up when Dickson cleared off and he''s been forced to act quickly to bring in a replacement. This deal has positives about it and I think PG has done a good job, but in essence, all it''s done is bought us some time before we''re faced with the same problem of finding a replacement for Dickson. Lets hope the money doesn''t ''disappear'' in the meantime.

[quote user="Stevo"][quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

The flip side could well be that the short term loan is a prelude to either a full season deal or a permanent signing.

“I would like to make it a season long loan but I know his club rate him and fancy him so it could be over a short period,” said Grant.

PG obviously wanted him for the season. Bet he doesn''t relish the prospect of repeating the endless phone calls and dealings trying to patch up his side again in the January transfer window. Is a short-term loan deal for Jimmy the ideal solution? IMO - no and I''d suggest that PG''s comments suggest the same thing. But the fact is that his plans went t*ts up when Dickson cleared off and he''s been forced to act quickly to bring in a replacement. This deal has positives about it and I think PG has done a good job, but in essence, all it''s done is bought us some time before we''re faced with the same problem of finding a replacement for Dickson. Lets hope the money doesn''t ''disappear'' in the meantime.

[/quote]

Good signing, went to QPR last year and he was pulling strings from midfield. Worked well with quick strikers ahead of him so may be interesting to see him with Cureton. Still have a nagging feeling we need another good central midfielder though.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]

.1 sec, while i just take a deep breath...YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS!

[/quote]

I too am a "Jimmy Smith" so at least I will see my long desired ambition to see my name on the Norwich City team sheet.

On a serious note I felt he was a preety good player with QPR, a good loanee I think.

Lot of respect to PG, he is obviously working hard to get a team he feels he can shape. I saw Smith at Loftus Rd last season, looked good and helped QPR get out of trouble.

Not exactly what I  had envisaged but I have no complaints if this is in addition to other strengthening in midfield and not a substitue for, not to mention the defence.

Smudger I have to totally disagree with you that age has any bearing on it.  How old was Rooney when he burst onto the scene? What about Ronaldo at Man U?  Yes I know they have improved with age.  But perhaps, just maybe Smith has the ability to be an excellent player.  He may just not have had the opportunity yet, which is hardly surprising looking at Chelsea''s squad.

He may take a few weeks to bed in but I am sure he will come good for us.  He will be missed come the end of December if he can''t be replaced, or the loan extended.

I suspect the loan is only until the end of December as Chelsesa will want to see how the cup competitions and injuries pan out as they may be tempted to play some youth players in the early stages of the FA Cup, or if injuries are cruel to them, players like Smith may be needed for the bench. 

If he is a success I hope we can extend his loan.  I have no idea if Chelsea would sell in January or for how much, if Smith turns out to be excellent, he would probably get a deal in the Premiership so would hold out for that if he wanted to leave Chelsea.  If his deal isn''t extended, I just hope that if Grant identifies we need a replacement urgently, that we are not held to ransome in the January transfer window.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I just thought I''d highlight this for the likes of Ricky Knight who don''t believe that we can compete for signings :

"We are very pleased to have got him because there were two other Championship clubs that wanted him and we are pleased he has chosen us."

link here
[/quote]

BIG DEAL IF WE WON A PERMANENT CLASS PLAYER I MIGHT BE IMPRESSED 3 MONTH CHEAP OPTION HE MIGHT BE GOOD BUT STILL A CHEAP OPTION.

Seems down to earth guy , good quality player . needs to brush up on his interview skills though ! Welcome to Norwich City

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]

.1 sec, while i just take a deep breath...YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS!

[/quote]

I too am a "Jimmy Smith" so at least I will see my long desired ambition to see my name on the Norwich City team sheet.

On a serious note I felt he was a preety good player with QPR, a good loanee I think.

[/quote]

Yep Jim ,there is a wind of change going through the club . we are going places , mark my words , you who don''t think so let me mark your card for you . just watch us go , its up there with the best for us , we know we support the best club in the land , the team we all love ,City for ever . [:D] arrdee

[quote user="Smudger"]

Am not saying that has happened but it is what I have heard... and with us only signing him for 3months in the first instance you have to say that the rumour possibly carries some weight to it!!!

[/quote]

We''ve got him from tomorrow untiil 31st Dec, how do you make that 3 months??

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I just thought I''d highlight this for the likes of Ricky Knight who don''t believe that we can compete for signings :

"We are very pleased to have got him because there were two other Championship clubs that wanted him and we are pleased he has chosen us."

link here
[/quote]

BIG DEAL IF WE WON A PERMANENT CLASS PLAYER I MIGHT BE IMPRESSED 3 MONTH CHEAP OPTION HE MIGHT BE GOOD BUT STILL A CHEAP OPTION.

[/quote]

I hope the boy does well but it''s funny how people have suddenly forgotten the promise to spend the Etuhu transfer money.

I suppose this lad is likely to cost us similar wages to what we would have been paying Dickson.

Therefore where has the £1.5 million gone.