Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

What will make you change your opinions?

The ''new and improved'' Wizard (ok, not in everyone''s mind) has got me thinking. I agree he can be a bit inconsistent, but someone who is willing to

change their point of view in light of new or different cirsumstances

is a far better man than one who won''t change it for anyone or

anything. That''s just pig headedness.So, what will make turn around your thoughts on ncfc, the manager, the board, delia? Will anything ever make cluck change his mind about delia for instance? Is there anything that can make Arthur W in favour of the board? Would promotion be enough? I don''t want to ''sack the board'' but what will make me want to?  Hmmm, maybe if they had handled huckerby''s contract negotiations last season worse than they did and he left...[:@]

For me I just want to start seeing ALL of the money that we have coming in spent on the team and perhaps a little investment in to Grant''s transfer kitty from those in the boardroom themselves.

I would be happy with a defeat in the play-off''s this year... anything short of that is abject failiure for a 3rd season running and simply not good enough.

I am not prepared to give them chance to mess a 3rd consecutive season up and still be there at the start of a 4th.... either they hit the ground running and have us up there in or around the top 6 from September onwards or I want protests!!!

Not asking for too much as I see it am I???

If Grant comes out and says "the board have told me that i no longer have the rest of the money from the recent sales available to me and its harmed my ambitions for this season" then I will be asking the board to find replacement investors ASAP.

Simple as for me.

[quote user="Smudger"]

For me I just want to start seeing ALL of the money that we have coming in spent on the team and perhaps a little investment in to Grant''s transfer kitty from those in the boardroom themselves.

I would be happy with a defeat in the play-off''s this year... anything short of that is abject failiure for a 3rd season running and simply not good enough.

I am not prepared to give them chance to mess a 3rd consecutive season up and still be there at the start of a 4th.... either they hit the ground running and have us up there in or around the top 6 from September onwards or I want protests!!!

Not asking for too much as I see it am I???

[/quote]

I suppose its not too much to ask, especially if they have/will put the money in this year (we lacked it the last 2-3 seasons).

I would say that I''m alittle more liberal than that. I''d just like to see an improvement in the overall finish in the league. Play-offs would be great but even if we finished 7th or 8th it would still show big signs of improvement on 16th place.

i''m a sucker for a crying woman (well a pretty one anyway) - no wonder they''re so good at manipulation (oops didn''t really say that)

if Delia swaps with, i dunno, Keira Knightley i''d go with anything she said!

Seeing this years transfer movement has changed some of my opinions about Worthington, who I defended staunchly until the Burnley game, where it was obvious to even the most blinkered fool that for whatever reason, half the team had given up on him. Contrasting the Burnley game with the Preston game, where 10 of the same players had played in a communicative, fast, effective manner suggested to me that something went very badly off the rails in the intervening 2 months.  Maybe NW was hoping for the best with last summers'' inactivity, maybe he wasn''t given the financial support he felt he needed to bring the right players in, maybe "who the deadwood are" is obvious with hindsight and someone new making decisions. Either way, there seems to be a more joined up approach to this summer, with Grant, Duffy, Gunn, Doncaster and others working quickly and effectively to bring in new players, with Jimmy Smith being the obvious example of this.   Seeing their ability to think on their feet and bring in an very capable replacement at short notice, albeit only until the end of the year, fills me with genuine hope for the new season.

IF there was proof of finacial irregularities of the illegal variety or malevolance on the part of the board.  Not just interpretation of events to lead to those conclusions but acual proof. (like Delia seen and photographed removing a wheelbarrow full of money from carrow road)IF there was a known alternative to the board, that I was convinced had a good chance of doing better long term.Then I would support the attempts to get rid of the Board.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Seeing this years transfer movement has changed some of my opinions about Worthington, who I defended staunchly until the Burnley game, where it was obvious to even the most blinkered fool that for whatever reason, half the team had given up on him. Contrasting the Burnley game with the Preston game, where 10 of the same players had played in a communicative, fast, effective manner suggested to me that something went very badly off the rails in the intervening 2 months.  Maybe NW was hoping for the best with last summers'' inactivity, maybe he wasn''t given the financial support he felt he needed to bring the right players in, maybe "who the deadwood are" is obvious with hindsight and someone new making decisions.

Either way, there seems to be a more joined up approach to this summer, with Grant, Duffy, Gunn, Doncaster and others working quickly and effectively to bring in new players, with Jimmy Smith being the obvious example of this.   Seeing their ability to think on their feet and bring in an very capable replacement at short notice, albeit only until the end of the year, fills me with genuine hope for the new season.
[/quote]

agreed blah!

I must comment again on the Worthington thing. He would of sat in his hands and tried to hope for the best rather than getting someone in quickly.

Grant acts fast and know swhat he wants. i think he will go on to become our most succesful manager ever. i said a while back i think he will bring some serious silverware to us over the next few years if he gets the backing and i stand by it.

Peter Grants Green and yella Army!

jas :)

I think I''m missing something with this question.

What I''ve noticed from posting on this board is the speed that other people want to label or assign you to a ''camp''. You''re either a negative cynic if you question the board / club on something or a mindless sheep if you come out in support.

All I know is that I''ll always be a Norwich fan which to me means going to the matches and always renewing my season ticket. It''s part of my life and has been for 30 years since my Dad first took me aged 4. Sometimes I''ll feel my world is collapsing around me when we lose or sell a player and the next week I''ll feel ecstatic thanks to a last minute winner.

It''s football. As fans, we''re fickle and irrational. We''re entitled to our opinions and entitled to change them. We sold Etuhu - I was gutted. We signed Jimmy - I was delighted. What I do know is that once the season is underway I''ll fluctuate from thinking the club is run by idiots and the players are donkeys to genuinely believing we are "by far the greatest team the world has ever seen".

When Grant gets us to the premier maybe you can compare him to Worthy, until that time i reserve judgement, i dont particularly like grant, did not want him,  hope to be proved wrong but all this Worthy bashing is getting abit boring after all he got us to the premier, just a reminder.

[quote]Grant acts fast and know swhat he wants. i think he will go on to

become our most succesful manager ever. i said a while back i think he

will bring some serious silverware to us over the next few years if he

gets the backing and i stand by it.[/quote]Agreed jas, Grant does have potential to do well.  Now that we''re bringing in the newer players, I wonder if the decisions in games that Grant made last season will be better followed-through by the new set of players.  Maybe the personnel we had weren''t flexible enough to deal with what he was asking them to do sometimes ?

[quote user="Stevo"]

I think I''m missing something with this question.

What I''ve noticed from posting on this board is the speed that other people want to label or assign you to a ''camp''. You''re either a negative cynic if you question the board / club on something or a mindless sheep if you come out in support.

All I know is that I''ll always be a Norwich fan which to me means going to the matches and always renewing my season ticket. It''s part of my life and has been for 30 years since my Dad first took me aged 4. Sometimes I''ll feel my world is collapsing around me when we lose or sell a player and the next week I''ll feel ecstatic thanks to a last minute winner.

It''s football. As fans, we''re fickle and irrational. We''re entitled to our opinions and entitled to change them. We sold Etuhu - I was gutted. We signed Jimmy - I was delighted. What I do know is that once the season is underway I''ll fluctuate from thinking the club is run by idiots and the players are donkeys to genuinely believing we are "by far the greatest team the world has ever seen".

[/quote]The question is simple, but badly put probably! Some people on here have very firm views one way or another about particular aspects of the club. What will it take for them to change those views?If you don''t have strong opinions either way, or if you don''t consider yourself a ''negative'' or a ''positive'' then it doesn''t really apply to you!

[quote user="a1canary"]

Some people on here have very firm views one way or another about particular aspects of the club. What will it take for them to change those views?

If you don''t have strong opinions either way, or if you don''t consider yourself a ''negative'' or a ''positive'' then it doesn''t really apply to you!
[/quote]

Not a bad question in any way a1 and in fact very valid....serves to illustrate how ingrained many people''s viewpoints are. It seems as though some people will always defend every aspect of the club and view anything less than a lack of ''genuine'' support. Certain others will see a dark motive or failing behind every decision.

As for me, I''ll just say what I feel at the time which as per my previous post tends to fluctuate and be almost entirely driven by a result or performance. The only exception to that rule is my thoughts on Peter Thorne who even if he''d scored a double hat-trick would always have been a useless in my eyes!!

[quote user="Stevo"]

The only exception to that rule is my thoughts on Peter Thorne who even if he''d scored a double hat-trick would always have been a useless in my eyes!!

[/quote]Pah, there''s no pleasing some people - he was really due a double hat-trick! [;)]

As an illustration of this, why does Wiz get a leathering for being positive now, having posted his concerns before?