Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

An honest challenge to Smudger.

If the entire City set up is as bad as you keep reminding us it is, and as you''ve already written off our chances for this season as well, will you be prepared to quit this messageboard if City prove you to be completley wrong and go up.

Its a simple enough challenge, just put your money where your mouth is!.

The rest of us will still be here long after, cheering on the team as usual,  regardless of how they''re doing.

i like it lol ;)

not that he will accept but.. would be a gr8 season if we went up AND smudger left the message board :)

I challenge Smudge in another thread when he said we wouldn''t finish higher than 16th this season... he didn''t take it up - I don''t expect him to, but I''m willing to bet up to £100 that we finish 15th or higher... offer is still open Smudge!

Personally, I think the guy is a wind up merchant and has a great deal of laughs when he knowing makes inciteful posts and watches everyone jump to the bait. He is probably a mad keen, really positive Norwich City supporter in really life, who attends every game and has pictures of Delia hanging on his wall (well, don''t we ALL!?), for all we know!

I have been wondering what there would be to talk about if we start doing well.Maybe we should all give up if there are no more problems to debate ?

[quote user="ricky knight"]So if you are wrong will you go, simple answer.[/quote]

No, I don''t have to say a word Ricky, as I haven''t claimed anything unlike Smudger!

As long as City play to their best and try hard, I''m quite happy. And thats a simple answer, I''m not promising anything, just hopeful............and I haven''t felt like that for years!.

I LIKE SMUDGER !!

I have never agreed with a single word wot he''s writ and  no-one makes me dart for my keyboard to reply to some of his totally IMO daft comments quicker than him but you have to admire him for sticking to his guns.

I think this board would be a poorer place without him.

Keep up the bad work smudger !!

So unless we all sing off the Wiz hymn sheet we should leave the forum is that what you are saying. this from the man who has left and come back so many times he has gone dizzy. Ok we get the message you have seen the light, hail queen Delia, well mate some of us aint so gullable, we want action not spin.

[quote user="ricky knight"]So if you are wrong will you go, simple answer.[/quote]

Great answer!!!

If we win promotion this year I will quit the message board, but if City do not win promotion WIZ must go also!!!!  [:P]

Agreed WIZ???

[quote user="ob1"]

I challenge Smudge in another thread when he said we wouldn''t finish higher than 16th this season... he didn''t take it up - I don''t expect him to, but I''m willing to bet up to £100 that we finish 15th or higher... offer is still open Smudge!

Personally, I think the guy is a wind up merchant and has a great deal of laughs when he knowing makes inciteful posts and watches everyone jump to the bait. He is probably a mad keen, really positive Norwich City supporter in really life, who attends every game and has pictures of Delia hanging on his wall (well, don''t we ALL!?), for all we know!

[/quote]

I dont think for one minute smudge is a wind up. Ive always been passionate about the club and everything Norwich for that matter but i dont always think by not agreeing with the board in the way they do things makes him a lesser supporter than anyone else. Keep it up smudge even if we were top of the prem the club would still face certain issues and its the likes of you that will keep people on there toes mate.

[quote]I dont always think by not agreeing with the board in the way they do things makes him a lesser supporter than anyone else.[/quote]Agreed Arthur, however, there is a difference between not agreeing with the board, but giving credit where it''s due, and just taking a negative attitude for the sake of doing so.  I find you more realistic than Smudger in your approach where that is concerned.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

I LIKE SMUDGER !!

I have never agreed with a single word wot he''s writ and  no-one makes me dart for my keyboard to reply to some of his totally IMO daft comments quicker than him but you have to admire him for sticking to his guns.

[/quote]I agree Lappin - i hardly ever agree with him and it''s a fare enough bet in principle but i wouldn''t want him off here particularly. We need opinions from both ends of the spectrum.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

I LIKE SMUDGER !!

[/quote]

Yep i agree "lappinitup" i don''t want to see Smudge go , he is a lovely old boy , one of the sweetest  old boys on this board , o. k. he stirs some of you up with his comments but i think its a cry from the heart that he wants to see city do better , remember he is a city fan after all . I know i could have taken issue with him after he learnt of my illness and said "if you live in glass houses don''t throw stones" some of you called it callous but i don''t think he wished me any harm , well if he did i forgive him as he is not always sure of what he writes as he seems intent of racking up a record number of posts in a year , [:)] arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="lappinitup"]

I LIKE SMUDGER !!

[/quote]

Yep i agree "lappinitup" i don''t want to see Smudge go , he is a lovely old boy , one of the sweetest  old boys on this board , o. k. he stirs some of you up with his comments but i think its a cry from the heart that he wants to see city do better , remember he is a city fan after all . I know i could have taken issue with him after he learnt of my illness and said "if you live in glass houses don''t throw stones" some of you called it callous but i don''t think he wished me any harm , well if he did i forgive him as he is not always sure of what he writes as he seems intent of racking up a record number of posts in a year , [:)] arrdee.

[/quote]Yeh i would also hate to see smudger go,it is harder for him to except the current lack of ambition when he remembers watching norwich compete in the 50s through to the 80s.Football was different in those days wasn''t it smudger,money didn''t eally make a huge amount of difference and anyway we want to keep our senior citizen posters don''t we

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="lappinitup"]

I LIKE SMUDGER !!

[/quote]

[/quote]Yeh i would also hate to see smudger go,it is harder for him to except the current lack of ambition when he remembers watching norwich compete in the 50s through to the 80s.Football was different in those days wasn''t it smudger,money didn''t eally make a huge amount of difference and anyway we want to keep our senior citizen posters don''t we

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="lappinitup"]

I LIKE SMUDGER !!

[/quote]

[/quote]Yeh i would also hate to see smudger go,it is harder for him to except the current lack of ambition when he remembers watching norwich compete in the 50s through to the 80s.Football was different in those days wasn''t it smudger,money didn''t eally make a huge amount of difference and anyway we want to keep our senior citizen posters don''t we[/quote]

50''s????   lol... I wasn''t even a twinkle in my Dads eye until the early Seventies mate... really I do not know where you have got that one from.

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="lappinitup"]

I LIKE SMUDGER !!

[/quote]

[/quote]Yeh i would also hate to see smudger go,it is harder for him to except the current lack of ambition when he remembers watching norwich compete in the 50s through to the 80s.Football was different in those days wasn''t it smudger,money didn''t eally make a huge amount of difference and anyway we want to keep our senior citizen posters don''t we[/quote]

50''s????   lol... I wasn''t even a twinkle in my Dads eye until the early Seventies mate... really I do not know where you have got that one from.  [*-)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Great answer!!!

If we win promotion this year I will quit the message board, but if City do not win promotion WIZ must go also!!!!  [:P]

Agreed WIZ???

[/quote]

You originally said we wouldn''t finish above 16th place (and I do remember you saying this).

Hes taking you up on that by claiming we will finish higher than 16th.

Now you want to change the terms of the bet to promotion when hes not even claiming we will get promoted, only that we will finish higher than 16th.

You''re not worried are you Smudger that you could be wrong?

[quote user="Smudger"]

Agreed WIZ???

[/quote]

Certainly not Agreed Smudger!.

I don''t have to agree to anything! I''m not the one making the claims and doom filled predictions, you are. There you go, I''ve just giving you your escape route!.

Say thank you.[:D]

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="Smudger"]

Great answer!!!

Agreed WIZ???

[/quote]

You originally said we wouldn''t finish above 16th place (and I do remember you saying this).

Hes taking you up on that by claiming we will finish higher than 16th.

Now you want to change the terms of the bet to promotion when hes not even claiming we will get promoted, only that we will finish higher than 16th.

You''re not worried are you Smudger that you could be wrong?

[/quote]

I wouldn''t bet with devil ''paint me yellow'' or anyone else comes to that matter where league tables are concerned because I''m not 100% sure. Yes, I believe we wont go down, and I''m very hopefull for far better times than Smudger predicts, but bet? I don''t think so.

I don''t have to back up my position, but as Smudger rubbishes the lads, board and fans on almost every post he makes, I do feel HE needs to do just that, and show the courage of his convictions.

I''ll be too busy supporting NCFC myself!.

Dont bother Wiz, Smudger is full of plop, we were going to have a bet and then he kept moving the goalposts to suit him, he says things but wont back them up, waste of space Wiz  !!

wiz .....

Its not the fact that Smudger disagrees with anything positive the Canarys do and that he hates the board, every one has their opinion and are free to air it.

Its the fact that he takes the piss out of everything positive Norwich do or say, he takes the piss out of other posts and constantly makes out that his opinion is correct and everyone else is a big joke and the poster is a village idiot!!!

THIS IS WHAT PISSES ME OFF!!!

I respect his opinions (although some are stupid) BUT I don''t need to be made to look like a fool who''s never been to a football game or played football or supported Norwich for years.

Smudger if you gave us some credit for our opinions, people would respect your posts as well.

I only want to see you off this forum if you continue to act in the same way, show some respect. Remember its your Avatar that has the joker face on it!

Final.

Cheers All.

Must admit I thought you were retired and over 60 too Smudger which is why I assumed that you have time to post on here morning, afternoon and night 7 days a week!

I totally agree with Lappinitup! I have a soft spot for Smudger too (right in the middle of Blakeny Marshes[;)]) even if he is old enough to be my DAD![sn]

But seriously, he does ALWAYS stick to the same opinion which is honest even if you don''t agree with him. I far prefer to have Smudger constantly telling me that he stopped going in October 1963[O] or whenever it was[*-)] rather than making up stories about not renewing  a season ticket that he never had. I''d prefer to listen to Smudger constantly telling me that Safri is not good enough rather than telling me that Etuhu is an useless idle journeyman and then suddenly change his mind when Roy Keane M.D.S. pays 1.5m for him.

Definitely keep up the good work Citizen Smudge![*]

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!! [:''(]