Sign in to follow this  
mbncfc

Did we all forget?

Did we all forget that, during the last January transfer window, it was revealed and common knowledge Dickson had a £1.5m release clause in his contract.

No one batted an eyelid. No one complained. In fact, most poured scorn upon the idea anyone would offer such an amount anyway.

Then you have the pointed comments from Grant about the criticism the player received. Three good games a season we''re told. One of the laziest players I''ve ever seen. Always goes missing. We need a new central midfielder to replace him etc. Were these comments true, harsh, reasonable? Have people now changed their minds because he''s gone?

I completely understand the frustration at Earnie''s sale. None of us knew about the clause. It was set too low, although we clearly signed a player who wasn''t too bothered where he went, as long as he could get out. Many thought he was brought in to make a profit on his sale, and criticised the Board for this.

Holding the board to account is vitally important. They must know what the fans want, and questionning their actions is always healthy.

But I feel a lot of people are being quite hypocritical in the case of Dickson. It''s not the fans fault he left, but I personally don''t hold the Board responsible for this either.

But we do now need a new, permanent central midfielder to come in as well as a centre back. If life can carry on after Earnie, I''m sure it can after Dickson.

I didnt know that, but why would the club disclose this information or was it the agent?

[quote user="mbncfc"] It''s not the fans fault he left [/quote]

While it clearly wasn''t entirely the fans'' fault he left, they

certainly had a role to play. On numerous occasions last year Etuhu and

Grant mentioned the stick he was getting from the crowd. Justified or

not, it was hardly going to endear him to the club was it?

I''m not entirely displeased he''s gone for reasons many have already

mentioned, plus that fact that I''d consider 1.5mn quid to be a fair

price, but frankly I''d would''ve preferred to hear that he didn''t really

want to go, rather than hearing intimations that brutal criticism from

our ''fans'' was a factor in him leaving.

To be honest it embaresses me to think what the players and staff think

of us, as every time I go to the ground I find myself wanting to

distance myself from the cretinous comments made at the players by

other people. Judging by what some people scream, Grant & co must

think most of us are retards who know nothing about football.

I don''t really have any problem with the sale of Dickson for £1.5M, I think that is reasonable piece of business. I didn''t like the sale of Earnie for £3.5M because I believe that we should have been capable of negotiating a higher release clause. I base that on the fact that Earnie was known to be desperate to leave WBA and the belief that we were the only club who were in for him.

That is now in the past though, what we must do is replace Dickson with a quality central midfield player. The Chelsea youngster should be in addition to this player, NOT in place of him. We also still need a good quality centre-back. Given these two purchases, I think we could look forward to the new season with great optimism.

Mark .Y.

exactly mbncfc - i claimed dicko would go for £1.8m in the summer window, and i seem to remember a poster suggesting if we got offered that to grab their hand off!  well we did - and uproar.  there still needs to be more done though.if smith can put ''em away for qpr - imagine what he''ll do for us?  a central midfielder can''t fluke the number of goals he got - the boys got talent for sure, i''m lokking foward to seeing him in action. 

[quote] I remember! I laughed when I heard it, and I laughed last week when someone actually paid £1.5m for the guy! [/quote]

and I''ll laugh hardest when he actually makes it off the bench...

[quote user="BIC"]

While it clearly wasn''t entirely the fans'' fault he left, they

certainly had a role to play. [/quote]Get real.... you dont think it may have been the doubling of his wage packet? Nothing to do with the fans - he''s a grown man not some smivelling kids being called names in the playgroundGood riddance by the way

So you think what the fans shout at players means nothing to them and has no effect on whether they want to be there or not?

Why don''t you ask Andy Hughs? he cares what the fans shout at him I

think. Ask Huckerby, if the fans weren''t all behind him, do you think

hed be here?

I''m not so naive as to believe that Etuhu left because he felt sad

because the the fans didn''t love him, but as I said before if you''d

bothered to read carefully, its obviously a factor.

[quote user="BIC"] but as I said before if you''d

bothered to read carefully, its obviously a factor.[/quote]I read it.Wouldn''t you take some stick for £10k a week. Sure you would. Just co you''d get upset and run to mummy when people say you''re sh*t. You''d also be prepared to get more for £17k.....LOLget real