Sign in to follow this  
Cheerio

Another striker and no CB?

Riordan still wanted? Whats the matter with Grant? Are we planing to play 2-3-5 next season?

Have you got a source or link please?

I would personally love to see this happen. I think the key to getting out of this league is goals...look at Birmingham last season, how many strikers did they buy? Also, look at Charlton this season, their priority seems to be in attack.

Don''t get me wrong, I know we need a centre half, and I am sure PG does too but I don''t think another quality striker would do us any harm.

Cureton

Strihavka

Brown

Riordan

Martin

I would be very happy with that!

PG also has to move when a player becomes available, maybe he has heard something in respect of Riordan''s availability...can he afford not to move?

After this past few weeks i have really come to like grant (i have from the begining, apart from when he slagged off the crowd!) I believe this guy can take us places, he has an edge, passion and most of all i genuinely believe he really cares about the club, Norwich City Football Club.

So give the guy time....he knows where the problem areas are and will sort them.

[quote user="Hooozey"]

I would personally love to see this happen. I think the key to getting out of this league is goals...look at Birmingham last season, how many strikers did they buy? Also, look at Charlton this season, their priority seems to be in attack.

Don''t get me wrong, I know we need a centre half, and I am sure PG does too but I don''t think another quality striker would do us any harm.

Cureton

Strihavka

Brown

Riordan

Martin

[/quote]And Huckerby.Would they be happy with another striker coming in? I''m sure our Czech mate and Cureton havent come to play rezzi footie, Riordan would only come with some sort of assurance he plays, its why he''s leaving Celtic after all. I doubt he''s fancy his chances getting into our team in front of any of the strikers we already have. It would be a shame to spend £1m on him and then be told there is no money for a CB. Priorities need to be addressed.

No new centreback planned at current from NCFC.

We go with what we have...

Saw this too on the bbc transfer rumours. Seems a bit of a bargain really. I thought he was settling in too, where as now he is "unsettled". But for 500k he''s definitly worth a look.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half"][quote user="Hooozey"]

Cureton

Strihavka

Brown

Riordan

Martin

[/quote]

And Huckerby.

Would they be happy with another striker coming in? I''m sure our Czech mate and Cureton havent come to play rezzi footie, Riordan would only come with some sort of assurance he plays, its why he''s leaving Celtic after all. I doubt he''s fancy his chances getting into our team in front of any of the strikers we already have. It would be a shame to spend £1m on him and then be told there is no money for a CB. Priorities need to be addressed.
[/quote]

I believe Riordan can also play on either wing, so farewell, Huckerby. < only kidding.

The following from Wikipedia:

Rudi Skácel incident

Riordan appeared in the tabloid press with regard to a video of him making "racist chants" about Rudi Skácel, who was then a Hearts player [1]. The video, which was recorded by a fan using a mobile phone, involved singing a song about Skácel being a "fucking refugee".[2] (Skácel is from the Czech Republic.) Riordan later apologised for the incident.

Watchout, Strihavka. [;)]

[quote user="london Canary"]

After this past few weeks i have really come to like grant (i have from the begining, apart from when he slagged off the crowd!) I believe this guy can take us places, he has an edge, passion and most of all i genuinely believe he really cares about the club, Norwich City Football Club.

So give the guy time....he knows where the problem areas are and will sort them.

[/quote]Couldn''t agree more LC - i wasn''t unhappy with his appointment but felt we would have to reserve judgement until he''d had time to build his own team and instill his own work ethic.  Having more or less done that bit and seen the way he''s gone about it, i am incredibly impressed. All he needs to do now is put the team out and get it winning games!! As for Rhiordan, a Celtic friend of mine rates him very highly indeed. My only concern would be re the comment in the article about him being promised a position up front. He starts making promises like that when he''s got 6 strikers (inc Hux) on the books to satisfy and he''s going to run in to the same problems Strachan has with Rhiordan in the first place! Also, totally agree with sentiments re CBs - still think we are 1 or even 2 CBs (and 1 CM) short of the squad we will need to challenge this season.