Sign in to follow this  
Ark

Jim Brennan goal....

A friend over in the US sent me this link....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe4s49zjG10Roberto Carlos eat your heart out! Pitty he could never pull off one of those for us at Carrow Road....

Great Goal! but the MLS is still a poor standard of football which has suddenly come into the limelight because of Beckham''s move to Galaxy

MLS may be poor standard but a dead-ball goal like that is special at any level.

My best memory of Brennan was the goal when we beat Coventry at Highfield Rd.

But for the poor start due to injury and the dominance of Hucks and Drury on the left-side we could have got more from him.

Even the commentry sounds a bit B-Team, the commentators sound like they''re watching their girlfriends shop for shoes!  Nice goal though!OTBC!Chunky

Delia''s Chef, what planet are you on?It doesn''t matter what standard of football level your playing in, a free-kick goal from the position Brennan was in was sheer quality. Any goalie or defence in the world would have shruggled to keep that out!

Quality strike, he''s the captain already, good on him!

Is that Danny Dichio I noticed there as well?

And who''s the div with number 93 on his shirt, how bloody American!

[quote user="David Freezer"]

Is that Danny Dichio I noticed there as well?

[/quote]

Yes it is, they also got Andy Welsh who used to be at Sunderland.

CRS

He also appeared to be captain - was he the defensive leader we were missing at the time?   Or is it just that he''s canadian so he gets the armband?

Been over to Toronto seen him play, he looks twice the player he was here!

Its also quite funny to see him in every commercial along with Robinson who also plays for Toronto.

And Toronto are also bottom of their division.

his belter against Coventry was even better than the Everton Goal. didnt even control it just hit it first time!

I liked Brennan, he pressured Drury for the left back Berht and its since has has departed that Drurys perfromances have dipped.. good luck to Brennan.

jas :)

Brennan was utterly useless. He managed to make Mulryne look like Roy Keane in terms of commitment and professionalism. Which is not to say that he had no skill - he just couldn''t be arsed to use it.