Sign in to follow this  
tilly

About time Kevin KEELAN was given a permanent recognition at Carrow Road

It came as no surprise to me that Kevin KEELAN has topped the poll in the Eastern Evening News to establish the all time greatest Norwich City legend.His record of 673 appearances will never be beaten.Since moving to America Keelan has been invited back by the club for a handful of club reunions and has a banner with numerous other "legends" hanging within the Jarrold Stand.The man in my humble opinion deserves far greater recognition by Norwich City. The point of this post is that i find it totally unimaginative of someone at the club to decide to rename the revamped "Scores" as "Yellows"following its transformation to a New York style bar in keeping with the Riverside development.How about calling it KEELANS.

I certainly think he is worthy of a statue outside the ground, other clubs do it why not us.

He was my hero when I was a kid, he lived in hevingham and one day I was cycling past his house with my mate wearing a norwich tracksuit and he was washing his car.

He looked up and said hello and my mate fell off his bike.

Priceless.

Statue would be a great idea KeelansGlove. Maybe Commander Tilson of the nCIsA could be in a position to bring some pressure to bear. Or maybe the EEN could start a campaign being as he won their Legends Poll.

Much better idea than the last suggestion for a statue made on here [*-)]

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

He was my hero when I was a kid.

[/quote]

Me too!

I have heard him interviewed, both over here and when I''ve been in Florida (he lives near Tampa) and he still does a lot of coaching. It would be great to recognise him.

I think maybe his unsuccessful spell as England manager soiled his opinion is some people''s eyes.

But I have fond memories of his frizzy-permed performances at Carrow Road, before we sold him on to Hamburg...

Yes, good idea-why not a statue? Admittedly, its a bit of a football fashion now, but it is a good indicator of a clubs character and way too recognise a player who has contributed greatness to that club. Would be a good focal/meeting point as well, how easy and unique to say "I''ll meet you by Keelan''s statue at 2"?

This club has rightly honoured a great ''off the field'' man in Sir Geoffrey, now what about doing the same for KK?

Is it true that he offered to do a little bit of work with Robert Green on a "freelance" basis but Worthingon wouldn''t have anything to do with it or him?

Sounds a good idea, unfortunately we probably couldn''t afford a nice bronze at the minute. Anything we could stretch to would probably end up looking like one of the bad waxworks at Yarmouth!

[quote user="Grando"]Sounds a good idea, unfortunately we probably couldn''t afford a nice bronze at the minute. Anything we could stretch to would probably end up looking like one of the bad waxworks at Yarmouth![/quote]

OK then [:(] If money''s too tight to mention [:S] howabout a nice wooden bench [I] to mark [:|]

name the cross bar after him.. then when it hits the bar we can all say "Saved by Keelan!"

the old timers would like that

jas :)

[quote user="Grando"]I think maybe his unsuccessful spell as England manager soiled his opinion is some people''s eyes. But I have fond memories of his frizzy-permed performances at Carrow Road, before we sold him on to Hamburg...[/quote]

Keelan not Keegan.  DUH !!

Was Keelan ever capped by his country, and if so which country cause he was born in India but could have taken english citizenship?

Maybe we could mount a huge bronze of him making a flying save on the outside of the Barclay stand, and re-name it Keelans'' Barclay.

But I suspect that would be rather too radical and overwhelming for the current hierarchy.

OTBC

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]Was Keelan ever capped by his country, and if so which country cause he was born in India but could have taken english citizenship?[/quote]

Darn it. I must apply for my English passport! Where do you get them from, Tom?

OTBC

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Yes, good idea-why not a statue? Admittedly, its a bit of a football fashion now, but it is a good indicator of a clubs character and way too recognise a player who has contributed greatness to that club. Would be a good focal/meeting point as well, how easy and unique to say "I''ll meet you by Keelan''s statue at 2"?

This club has rightly honoured a great ''off the field'' man in Sir Geoffrey, now what about doing the same for KK?

Is it true that he offered to do a little bit of work with Robert Green on a "freelance" basis but Worthingon wouldn''t have anything to do with it or him?*

[/quote]

*Classic big man/little man scenario.

Classic.

OTBC