Sign in to follow this  
tim howard?

options upfront and at the back

am i the only one worried about next seasons strike forcce we have 32 year old cureton who i beleive had a lucky season helped by his big strike partner at colchester and unproven dave the striker who will take a while to get used to the english game we also have a sunderland reject who from what ive seen is crap in front of goal but is decent at holding the ball up im hoping grant knows what he is doing but it does seem to be all the promotion hopefulls are spending big on good prospects take mcleod at leister ,varney at charlton and the two we were after at wolves and sheffield united im still hoping we sign someone like fryat or riordan.

everyone is talking about us being the next derby with narrow 1 nil victorys but at the moment i can definately see us conceding loads and scoring little we started by getting in a good keeper in marshal but for me we still need a striker(proven) and a class defender .Noticed wba are about to sign barnett maybe w e could now sodje .

Totally disagree,I think the foward line up looks pretty good.  I think the key for next year will be the distribution of goals around the team.  Last year we were a bit of a one trick pony with only really Earnshaw banging them in, next year should be totally different.  With regards to the defence.  I think the Doc and Shackell will be much more solid with defensive minded Brellier mopping and breaking up attacks in front.  We also have a proper right back now so the whole side should be a little better balanced.

Also, with reports of Malky coming back and our interest in Fryatt being widely documented I don''t think our spending spree is over yet, far from it.

If Grant has any sense he will play Hux up front with whoever is his best partner or change the system so that Hux has a totally free role i.e 3 at the back and wing backs. We are too compromised if he plays on the left of a midfield 4 even with the signing of Brellier who will sit and cover in centre midfield. Even in the title winning season we were vulnerable away from home when he played wide left -conceding 4 to a dreadful Rotherham side springs to mind!