Sign in to follow this  
James

If you won the lottery............

(around 10million for example) would you give some of the money to Norwich''s transfer budget????

Just wondering, anythoughts??

No way. After helping family and friends financially, I reckon I would have enough money left to live comfortably for the rest of my days without the need to crawl out of bed at some ungodly hour Monday to Friday. So, no money for the City coffers from me I''m afraid.

I''d give the club half of it but I''d want a seat on the board and I''d want them to use the money for one or two high-profile signings.

Would be fascinating to be involved in the discussions on potential signings....i.e. know first-hand what''s going on without relying on rumour or theories.

Wonder how long it would be before someone on this message board gave me stick and asked for me to be sacked!?!

No.  If i won a euromillions jackpot of £50m + I might consider investing in exchange for a seat on the board, emphasis on the might.

Football is a mugs game and an almost certain way of losing money.  That is why Delia deserves better than she sometimes gets on this message board.

I would love to pack up my bags, give up work, move to Norwich, see every game, seat on the board and pump money into the team I love. But, I dont think on a small win I could. If I did I would insist it went elsewhere, say, youth acadamy. Or maybe pay to knock down that hotel and have an infill!! But I would defo buy alot of shares if I could or a one-off gift.

As jimmy500 sais, its gotta be a big win on the lotto to be effective for both me and NCFC. I dont want to go broke myself after all!

OTBC!

if i won say 120 million on the euro Millions id buy a football club.. but not a league one.. probably a conference south side or something and just bank roll them until they got the premiership then sell them for millions more than i bought them for...

I would however clear all of Citys debts for them. pay each and every creditor off in full and every loan in one go, and i wouldnt want repaying myself... we''d then be free to essentially "start again" with all the money we make turning  a profit without worrying about having to give it to the tax man, debt men etc...

jas :)

[quote user="James "]

(around 10million for example) would you give some of the money to Norwich''s transfer budget????

Just wondering, anythoughts??

[/quote]

As much as I love Norwich City I don''t think I would be donating money to them if I won the lottery.

On present performance only half would be spent on players and the rest would mysteriously disappear into the accounts black hole.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

if i won say 120 million on the euro Millions id buy a football club.. but not a league one.. probably a conference south side or something and just bank roll them until they got the premiership then sell them for millions more than i bought them for...

I would however clear all of Citys debts for them. pay each and every creditor off in full and every loan in one go, and i wouldnt want repaying myself... we''d then be free to essentially "start again" with all the money we make turning  a profit without worrying about having to give it to the tax man, debt men etc...

[/quote]

Doubt you would be allowed to do this.  You could ''LEND'' the club the money to pay off all of the debts with a ridiculously stupid repayment schedule though but the club would still be in debt (albeit easily manageable).

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Doubt you would be allowed to do this.  You could ''LEND'' the club the money to pay off all of the debts with a ridiculously stupid repayment schedule though but the club would still be in debt (albeit easily manageable).

[/quote]

cant see why not.. say i gave the club a gift of 20 million with the instructions to pay off the debts with it.. ok a small percentage goes to the tax man but the rest of the money goes to the debts.. therefore any other money the club makes through "off the field activites" gate receipts, transfers etc are the clubs.. not the creditors. its just an alternatice revenue system.

Im sure the club can accept a gift of cash, what they do with it is up to them.. but id tell them to pay off the debts with it. if not then i''ll tell them to pay me back at £1 per year for the next 20 million years! Lol!

Often have this conversation and am often told ''no chance'' by my other half!!! Still, it does make you wonder. You could have some real fun!

Norwich City have got enough money in the transfer budget already, more than most Championship Clubs so they wouldn''t get any money from me!!!

A nice thread idea this.

But my answer would be no, I don''t need the stress of it all. After seeing that my small family are okay, I''d move to rural Spain, this country''s rapidly going to the dogs, and I''m too bloody old to adapt to it anymore!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

A nice thread idea this.

But my answer would be no, I don''t need the stress of it all. After seeing that my small family are okay, I''d move to rural Spain, this country''s rapidly going to the dogs, and I''m too bloody old to adapt to it anymore!

[/quote]

If I had unlimited money the last place i''d move would be rural Spain! for a start it is full of Spaniards. Apart from the big cities it is too backwards, they have a lower minimum wage than most of Eastern Europe and still torture animals for pleasure - why this appeals to people I do not know. The food is over rated and the beer is p*ss. Anyway, it''s not just this country going to the dogs. I would consider moving to France mind, or maybe Scandanvia. As for the original question, no, doubt it, but it would depend on how much I won, not gonna happen though.

If I won the lottery then no - I wouldn''t have enough money, and as I have never played it I would probably be in jail as well.

Not a chance.Anyway, if I did give the club a couple of million, you can bet that Doncaster would tell the press that this money had already been budgeted for.

[quote user="Marty"] I would consider moving to France mind [/quote]

Yes, I could adapt to Southern rural France Marty, as long as it free from drunken British tourists that is!. Scum of the earth are that breed of Brit.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Marty"] I would consider moving to France mind [/quote]

Yes, I could adapt to Southern rural France Marty, as long as it free from drunken British tourists that is!. Scum of the earth are that breed of Brit.

[/quote]

Yeah, Southern France or Tuscany in Italy would be my prefered choices too, as England/Britain is certainly going down the s**tter - ''Tis a shame ''cause I''m proud of my heritage, yep, the Crusades & Colonialism included, but I fear our country has gone too far down the route of Leftism to claw it''s way back now.

Given a lottery win of something in the region of 15 to 20 million quid, I''d purchase properties in the afforementioned countries, plus one each in both Cornwall & Devon, two in my beloved Norfolk - one on the Broads and one in North Norfolk, and finally a property in a tax haven such as Alderney or Jersey in the Channel Islands where I would bank the remaining money.

And then I woke up.

I would hook myself up with a nice little house in the Cotswolds.  Buy an industrial unit and a Renault Clio, hire a mechanic or 2 and enter myself in clio racing.  If I was any good I would move up to the Seat''s and then on to Touring Cars as a privateer.  Football is getting boring and predictable now anyway.

With Wiz and Marty mentioning that they would move to Spain and France/Scandinavia respectively if they won a substantial sum of money, I would have to say that I would most probably move away from Norfolk in such a happy event. Sweden, Denmark, France, Canada, New Zealand or Italy would all be tempting, but I would be just as likely to choose a beautiful corner of Britain. I love the Dales, Peak District, Lake District, Scotland, Wales, Devon, Cornwall and Southern Ireland too. I feel sure I would have a change from Norfolk anyway, so I would be making much less frequent visits to Carrow Road in the event of a windfall. What wonderful dreams!!!!

Yep, I''d invest a tidy sum for a seat on the board, but not a penny until Doncaster is booted out - and none of my money for his payoff either!

porker