Sign in to follow this  
Carlos Valderrama

David Beckham - TV Show on ITV1

Sorry Chicken. Was not replyiny to your post. Replied to the one above! You make good points. College is the key..Its the equivilent of the Championship and League 1 and needs the resources they pump into College AM football, basketball and Baseball.

jimmy500 - dangerous question to ask the computer game generation:  Mine is a total football 4-4-2:

Chilavert(SP)

Beckenbauer Rijkaard Nesta Moore               

Guillet  Zidane Pele Cryuff

Maradona Van Basten

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="jimmy500"]

To Ricky Knight.....

David Beckham is quite possibly the best passer of a football in the history of the game, his right foot is absolutely sublime.  To say he is over rated is absolute nonsense.  Yes, Best, Moore, Maradona, Pele, Matthews etc.. were all wonderful players, every generation produces some.  David Beckham is one of the best of this generation.  If you disagree with any of this then it is clear that you no very little about football.  Very little indeed.

[/quote]

You did not see Johnny haynes play then, even Hoddle could pass on a sixpence, i have said Beckham is overated not that i begrudge him anything, He has worked hard on what he has and done well much the same way Kevin Keegan did. As for not knowing my football, i will go one on one in a quiz with you anyday. Just because i dont believe Beckham is world class and you do, its about opinions, someone on here has questioned Best for example.

[/quote]

"As for not knowing my football, i will go one on one in a quiz with you anyday. "

Just wondering...what exactly would a quiz prove?

That you can remember facts and numbers?

Knowing football is about reading the game. Not about who won the FA Cup in 1978 or how many clubs Gary Lineker played for.

And i read Beckham as not world class, end of story now, i am bored with it. I think as nobody has argued with the names i have put forward as world class. i must be able to read the game a little at least.

Ricky, I too got told I knew nothing about the game because I thought he was past his best.

Well, he is and he got dropped from the England squad because he was out of form. He was then brought back in because he regained his form. Those are the facts but some want to think that he should be part of the England squad because his name is David Beckham. That''s media influence taking it''s mark on those who''s football knowledge ranges from the back page of the ''star'' and no further. Unfortunately, some people get swept up in the hype surrounding individuals and forget to actually look at the game it''s self. It seems to have been very quickly forgotten that during the world cup, when our ''hero'' was substituted against Portugal, we actually started to create opportunities down our right side and looked really dangerous but who am I to get in the way of the tabloid influence? I''m not David Beckham.