Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Consistency - Can Grant give norwich the winning formula?

Hi All, lets just say this is not a moan, just a general post about my conserns for this season coming .....

I like Grant, speaks from the Heart, never gives an inch with the squad and shows the kind of determination we need at Norwich.

I like the Summer signings, Ok Earnie was gone at the end of last season for me (or sooner), and Euthu played some good games but not enough of them.

But my only consern is the teams Consistency rating.

What I mean is the only way to win the championship is to win and play well consistently. With the confidence high and home wins a must, the away form just follows the flow. This was proven in 2003-4 and with Reading, Portmouth and more recently Sunderlands late run. Sunderland were nowhere in September, October, yet after Christmas they were undefeated until almost the end of the season until Chochester beat them.

I say its my consern because the freindly games we have played so far show this inconsistency from last season, I know its too soon and we have injury problems, new players bedding in etc, lets just hope that we start with a win against Preston and then we can build on it.

So how do you all feel? Confident for the new season? Worried about the defense still? Like the New front line up? Think the Midfield is stronger with Euthu and now with Breillier and Smith?

Cheers All

(roll on this season starting!!!!)

Agreed - how PG shapes the midfield ad strikers to get the best from Hux is the key ,  and yesterdays 4-3-1-2 was illuminating.

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

Hi All, lets just say this is not a moan, just a general post about my conserns for this season coming .....

I like Grant, speaks from the Heart, never gives an inch with the squad and shows the kind of determination we need at Norwich.

I like the Summer signings, Ok Earnie was gone at the end of last season for me (or sooner), and Euthu played some good games but not enough of them.

What I mean is the only way to win the championship is to win and play well consistently. With the confidence high and home wins a must, the away form just follows the flow. This was proven in 2003-4 and with Reading, Portmouth and more recently Sunderlands late run. Sunderland were nowhere in September, October, yet after Christmas they were undefeated until almost the end of the season until Chochester beat them.

I say its my consern because the freindly games we have played so far show this inconsistency from last season, I know its too soon and we have injury problems, new players bedding in etc, lets just hope that we start with a win against Preston and then we can build on it.

So how do you all feel? Confident for the new season? Worried about the defense still? Like the New front line up? Think the Midfield is stronger with Euthu and now with Breillier and Smith?

Cheers All

[/quote]

No.....

The only consistency shown to date is that our "better" players are regularly played out of position to fill the yawning gaps left by the usual suspects. Too much tinkering without enough managerial experience to carry it off........

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Agreed - how PG shapes the midfield ad strikers to get the best from Hux is the key ,  and yesterdays 4-3-1-2 was illuminating.[/quote]

I thought the formation was interesting too.  No doubt in my mind the best formation in which to accomodate Huckerby.  It also seems a good formation in terms being versatile with the players in our squad in terms of midfield.  Hux, Croft or Chadwick could the man in the "hole".  As for the 3, it could be narrow with Brellier, Safri & Smith or we could go wider with Lappin/Hucks on the left and Croft/Chadwick on the right with one of Brellier/Saf/Smith central.  It allows the attacking or defensive mentality to be changed while employing pretty much the same formation.  I imagine we would go with the "wider" version of this at home being more attacking and the "narrow" option away looking to keep things tight then change in the second half.  Shame of it all is that McVeigh would have been really suited to this if he wasn''t such a plonker.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="koimatsuba"]

Cheers All

[/quote]

No.....

The only consistency shown to date is that our "better" players are regularly played out of position to fill the yawning gaps left by the usual suspects. Too much tinkering without enough managerial experience to carry it off........

[/quote]

Smudger on holiday is he? Asked you to take care of things whilst hes away has he?

Good players are consistent, if a team is not consistent it''s because they are not good enough. Simple as that.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="koimatsuba"]

Cheers All

[/quote]

No.....

[/quote]

Smudger on holiday is he? Asked you to take care of things whilst hes away has he?

[/quote]

Im sure cluck,smudge and anyone else with a gripe regarding tne board can speak for themselfs so leave out the sarcasm, its somewhat tiresome mate. Its no wonder this countries going down the pan!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="Cluck "]

No.....

[/quote]

[/quote]

Im sure cluck,smudge and anyone else with a gripe regarding tne board can speak for themselfs so leave out the sarcasm, its somewhat tiresome mate. Its no wonder this countries going down the pan!

[/quote]

Possibly a little harsh blaming the floods on him Arthur?

I''m afraid consistency is simply a euphemism for being good. If you have a talented team, solid tactics and understanding of them, they will win games and be considered ''consistent''.

If a player/team cannot produce the goods often enough, they are simply not good enough.

For example, Barnsley won away at Stoke then lost at home to us. Would we describe them on here as inconsistent, or poor?

[quote user="mbncfc"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="Cluck "]

No.....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Possibly a little harsh blaming the floods on him Arthur?

I''m afraid consistency is simply a euphemism for being good. If you have a talented team, solid tactics and understanding of them, they will win games and be considered ''consistent''.

If a player/team cannot produce the goods often enough, they are simply not good enough.

For example, Barnsley won away at Stoke then lost at home to us. Would we describe them on here as inconsistent, or poor?

[/quote]

LOL

[quote user="mbncfc"]

No.....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No it''s not.  You can have consistency in that you always lose [:p].  Does not mean you are good at all!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="koimatsuba"]

Cheers All

[/quote]

No.....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Down the pan?!!!

The problem with this country is the distribution of wealth and the way that everyone thinks they should have more.

Read the papers - its all about how things could be done better at this that or the other after the event has happened. Sport is no different.

The problem is the people who make no noise and try and get on with their lives quietly are often accused of being apathetic or "sheep". Neither of which encourage anyone of them to stand up and say much.

Why is it that the people who have the most feel that they should be heard more? Or that the people who have worked the least say they deserve more?

I am not going to get into this too much but you want to look at who your main supporters are on here Arthur, they shed light on what a group you are.

Any campaigns set up so far have failed primarily because they are founded around diss-respectful ideas.

As for this country going down the pan, I can discuss that with you for hours, days months and years if needs be but not on here. And sarcasm unfortunately is a symptom.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="koimatsuba"]

Cheers All

[/quote]

No.....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Down the pan?!!!

The problem with this country is the distribution of wealth and the way that everyone thinks they should have more.

Read the papers - its all about how things could be done better at this that or the other after the event has happened. Sport is no different.

The problem is the people who make no noise and try and get on with their lives quietly are often accused of being apathetic or "sheep". Neither of which encourage anyone of them to stand up and say much.

Why is it that the people who have the most feel that they should be heard more? Or that the people who have worked the least say they deserve more?

I am not going to get into this too much but you want to look at who your main supporters are on here Arthur, they shed light on what a group you are.

Any campaigns set up so far have failed primarily because they are founded around diss-respectful ideas.

As for this country going down the pan, I can discuss that with you for hours, days months and years if needs be but not on here. And sarcasm unfortunately is a symptom.

[/quote]

''''The problem is the people who make no noise and try and get on with there lives quietly are accussed of being sheep''''??????  HA HA i ve heard it all now mate. What on this site? you are joking? Come on chicken [or should that che?] Get real mate!!!

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="mbncfc"]

No.....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No it''s not.  You can have consistency in that you always lose [:p].  Does not mean you are good at all!

[/quote]

He he - tuché!

Hey Arthur...ever had the feeling that no-one on here likes us?  [:)]  Maybe it''s because they can''t beat us down with their usual politically correct finger pointing....and are more than a little envious of our life experience. However it all adds to the fun and makes a change from the lads down the pub who are probably even more anti-Smith and Co. than I am. No fun in that.

The penny will eventually drop for them unfortunately....and when when it does it will be tears at bed time.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="koimatsuba"]

Cheers All

[/quote]

No.....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Down the pan?!!!

[/quote]

Its probably the same reason that the well off require a pay rise to make them work harder, while the poor need the threat of a pay cut.

I''ve always found that rather strange, Chicken.

[quote user="Cluck "]

Hey Arthur...ever had the feeling that no-one on here likes us?  [:)]  Maybe it''s because they can''t beat us down with their usual politically correct finger pointing....and are more than a little envious of our life experience. However it all adds to the fun and makes a change from the lads down the pub who are probably even more anti-Smith and Co. than I am. No fun in that.

The penny will eventually drop for them unfortunately....and when when it does it will be tears at bed time.

[/quote]

Agreed mate, now excuse me whilst i read my Guardian and choke on yet more excuses and BS!

ok you two, enough bitching each other!

Are we going to discuss somr of the points of the post or fight each other?

My query mainly is the same as the post title ...Can Grant give Norwich the winning Formula - Consistency?

Answers on a post card sent to ........

this forum

thanks

PS. No I''m not smudgers mate, far from it. And I''m not slating the board/team/gaffer etc ... simply asking a question!

Cheers All

Since the start of Grant''s tenure here, I''m yet to witness anything that might suggest that he''s a good manager who''s capable of getting the best out of his players - his constant bawling accompanied by terrible facial expressions from the sidelines do not sit comfortably with me at all - it''s as though any game plan he might''ve put in place before a game commences is shot to pieces after the first 5 minutes.

If the non-Scottish players can''t comprehend his instructions prior to a match, how the hell are they supposed to understand what he''s yelling during one?

Grant is noisy and passionate, and says the right things regarding which direction he wants to team to go. But I have yet to see any evidence on the pitch that he really knows what he is doing. Off the pitch, it has been a somewhat haphazard summer transfer period. Grant seems to have been wrongfooted by certain player departures, and we appear to be going into a new season without a first team coach. Grant doesn''t strike me as a manager in control of his club.Regarding consistency, last year''s unreliable defence is largely unchanged, which is a major worry. But Marshall should at least add some stability in goal. The midfield has potential if a decent attacking midfielder can be bought, and Chadwick can stay fit. Goals should come from Cureton, but I can''t think who else we can depend on.I know little of Brellier, Strihavka, Smith or Otsemobor. So for me, their arrivals at least adds something of interest to what could have been a dull and predictably painful season. Who knows? Maybe with a strong start, and a bit of momentum, we might make the top half of the table this year.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

The thing is Cluck - how can any of us be envious of your life experiences? We don''t know what they are. How do you know whether you should be envious of my life experiences. I may well be less than half your age (I am guessing) but may well have done things that you have not, and may want to.

I am slightly envious that you have the wealth to buy your sons houses (or should I say help to?). I imagine by the noises that you make though that you have worked hard and are a proud family man.

I wouldn''t say no one on here likes you, just that no one on here knows much about you to make that kind of a judgement on you personaly. All they can say is whether they agree with your opinions on here.

Otherwise as I said before I am with you all of the way with the current housing plight although not for all of the same reasons.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

The thing is Cluck - how can any of us be envious of your life experiences? We don''t know what they are. How do you know whether you should be envious of my life experiences. I may well be less than half your age (I am guessing) but may well have done things that you have not, and may want to.

I am slightly envious that you have the wealth to buy your sons houses (or should I say help to?). I imagine by the noises that you make though that you have worked hard and are a proud family man.

I wouldn''t say no one on here likes you, just that no one on here knows much about you to make that kind of a judgement on you personaly. All they can say is whether they agree with your opinions on here.

Otherwise as I said before I am with you all of the way with the current housing plight although not for all of the same reasons.

[/quote]

You''re going to hate me for saying this chicken....but I actually have alot of respect for you and your general principles regarding life. We may disagree greatly on all things NCFC (an age thing I''m sure).....but I''m sure face to face over a coffee or beer we would have much in common.

It''s all banter on here isn''t it?....and such a deliberately contentious statement wasn''t meant to bring out such a reasonable and well rounded reply. Maybe I''m losing my touch eh?       [:)]