Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Who thinks huxs is leaving? i do

Just wanted to know your thoughts. Hes not happy and funny he is now injured?????????

Etuhu injured then sold and Ashton injured then sold, sounds familiar doesnt it????????

I think that Etuhu was a good bit of business for a useless waste of space, but if huxs goes what do we do?

If Huck''s goes then he goes, simple as, not the end of the world, would be sad, but seen lots of city players come and go.  He is a cracking player don''t get me wrong, however his age is against him leaving for a top flight club IMO, and why move sideways?

I think at the moment you are not just jumping, but bounding to a conclusion.  You say he is not happy?  Do you know him personally or are you gleaming things from the press.  He had an outburts about his best mate leaving NCFC, when he clearly didnt have the facts from the horses mouth, he was clearly frustrated at that time.  Oh heaven forbid he may just be injured, now that wouldnt do would it, no story in that is there?  [;)]

Not a cats chance in hell of Hux leaving.  If he goes it will be because he has retired.  He probably has enough money in the bank to do so.  He has already stated that this will be his last club, and that when he does retire he will live here.

You can all read into it what you like.  I think that Hux merely voiced what PG wanted to say but couldn''t.....

He''s 32 next birthday, he has just signed a one years extension to his contract, his kids are in school here and he has already said that he intents to retire here plus his wife refuses to move so lets not make a mountain out of a molehill.

He''s injured with a groin strain and has come back to have treatment st Colney.

“If people show an inkling of not wanting to be here any longer, I don''t give them very much time here."

Maybe Grant''s words re Hunter are telling us more!!!!!![:(]

Darren Huckerby will not be leaving Norwich City.

Yeah, he said he was annoyed about us keep losing gd players but he''s a passionate player and just wants the club to do well this season.

Why people cant just accept that he''s got a groin strain I dont understand!

How many times does the man have to say he''s finishing his carrer here.

I think we should all be more worried about if he''s going to be fit for the first game at Deepdale rather than if he''ll still be here.

He loves this club and will be wearing yellow and green next season...............Guarnteed!

hes getting on a bit but can still do the buisness in our league he is here to stay and is settling down in norwich for maybe life i can understand his frustration at the time but i really dont think theres any chance he will leave especially for the fees being bounded arond at the moment 1.5,2mill .

You will be hard pressed to find  a more loyal player in world football than Darren Huckerby.  His injury is ligit as video with him having treatment shows.  Just could a player says certain things it doesn''t mean he is going leave just that he felt something should be said.  Hucks will stay that is all there is to it.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

“If people show an inkling of not wanting to be here any longer, I don''t give them very much time here."

Maybe Grant''s words re Hunter are telling us more!!!!!![:(]

[/quote]

I don''t think Grant has had any issue with Hux comments as you suspect he very much agrees with them!

Grant has also said that he is wrapping Hux in cotton wool during pre-season to make sure he is ready for the big kick-off.

Neither of these indicate that there are any issues between Grant & Hux.

Anyway, Hux has voiced his comments on other occasions in the past with both Grant & Worthy.

If he does go though, we are seriously up a creek minus a paddle, no make that the whole bloody canoe!

Reply from the media team to a similar thread on the official site:

"Evening all from rainy Holland!

I''m more than happy to put this one to bed. Darren Huckerby is not in talks with Derby and it is very much hoped he will be fit for the first game of the season with Preston.

Check the lead story on First News for more details.

James"

This should reassure everyone that he came back for treatment. [:)]

[quote]  He was flown home from the Canaries tour of Holland the following day and underwent a scan in hospital, where the tests showed the extent of the problem.

City physio Neal Reynolds confirmed the nature of Huckerby''s injury, and while he all but ruled him out of the remainder of the pre-season campaign, he remained optimistic he would be fit and ready when Norwich travel to Preston on August 11 for the first game of the season.

"He had a scan done on Sunday afternoon back in the UK, more from the point of view that if we needed to get something done we could do it quicker than if he was over here," said Reynolds.

"The scan showed he had a low grade groin strain in his right groin. It''s now a case of him having treatment back in England and letting it settle down over the next week to 10 days."

It means Hucks will almost certainly miss all three of Norwich''s remaining friendlies, with coaching staff taking no risks with his fitness as the new campaign draws closer.

"We are aiming for the start of the season and looking at the scan I can''t see there will be a huge issue with it," added Reynolds.

Huckerby himself will be frustrated that his pre-season has been disrupted in such a manner, but Reynolds believed the player''s own fitness levels would go a long way to ensuring he would be ready to go for the trip to Deepdale.

"He''s one of the fittest in the group, if not the fittest," he said. "So I don''t think it will affect him at all. He''s one of those very lucky ones who can get away with a few weeks off."[/quote]

Whilst we all appreciate your undying love for Huckerby....he''ll be gone by the New Year. The fact that his family are entrenched here will not stop him taking on a short term contract with a more ambitious set-up to see out his career...maybe even Celtic? His family can remain in the Norfolk family home until he retires..rather like Dublin''s.

Huckerby and Grant do not sing from the same hymn sheet.....One has flair...the other has none I''m afraid.

[quote]

Whilst we all appreciate your undying love for Huckerby....he''ll be

gone by the New Year. The fact that his family are entrenched here will

not stop him taking on a short term contract with a more ambitious

set-up to see out his career...maybe even Celtic? His family can remain

in the Norfolk family home until he retires..rather like Dublin''s.

Huckerby and Grant do not sing from the same hymn sheet.....One has flair...the other has none I''m afraid.[/quote]

Why let the facts get in the way of a good narrative, eh Cluck ? [:S]

[quote user="Cluck "]

Whilst we all appreciate your undying love for Huckerby....he''ll be gone by the New Year. The fact that his family are entrenched here will not stop him taking on a short term contract with a more ambitious set-up to see out his career...maybe even Celtic? His family can remain in the Norfolk family home until he retires..rather like Dublin''s.

Huckerby and Grant do not sing from the same hymn sheet.....One has flair...the other has none I''m afraid.

[/quote]I can guarentee Hucks will be here til the end of his career no championship club will match his wages. As top earner at Carrow Road why would he want to leave and by the way I always said Huckerby is no saint with his contract and now I can confirm it, a reliable source working inside Carrow Road has told me that Huckerby has a clause in his contract that states he MUST be on a higher wage than any other player in the club, however whether you believe it or not is your desision but I know and trust my source well.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]You should work for the sun mate,they need more Bulls**t for their readers

Utter rubbish Cluck.

A good player is a good player, flair or no flair…Peter Grant can see a good player, and he’ll be squeezing every last bit of flair, skill and pace out of Huckerby until he hangs up his boots.

Just because Peter Grant played in a style more like Brellier than Huckerby doesn’t mean he appreciates that side of the game any less. There is a time and place for flair; there is no time or place for ripping the piss out of the opposition. That’s where Peter Grant has a problem with so called ‘flair’.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

I''m not so sure its undying love Cluck, more like hero worship [:D]

If he''s gone by January I''d be shocked, he''s already said this will probably be his last year in football so why would he up sticks for 4 months? Not as if he needs the money is it so would reason would he have to move?

[quote user="cityangel"]

He''s 32 next birthday, he has just signed a one years extension to his contract, his kids are in school here and he has already said that he intents to retire here plus his wife refuses to move so lets not make a mountain out of a molehill.

He''s injured with a groin strain and has come back to have treatment st Colney.

[/quote]

A certain Dion Dublin fits your profile of Huckerby''s home life. Dion''s family remain in the Midlands while he lives in Norwich and play for NCFC. So what is there to stop Huckerby doing the some?  

Well....we''ll just have to wait and see won''t we? .....and we all know bitter pills are hard to swallow.......

Well....we''ll just have to wait and see won''t we? .....and we all know bitter pills are hard to swallow.......

Bitter pills are hard to swallow, and so is a crock of sh*t.... stick to bird seed Cluck.

[quote user="Strangers All"]

Bitter pills are hard to swallow, and so is a crock of sh*t.... stick to bird seed Cluck.

[/quote]

And thank you for such an illuminated reply..........

NEXT!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

I''m not so sure its undying love Cluck, more like hero worship [:D]

If he''s gone by January I''d be shocked, he''s already said this will probably be his last year in football so why would he up sticks for 4 months? Not as if he needs the money is it so would reason would he have to move?

[/quote]

If somebody came in with the right offer for Huckerby he''d be off like a shot - just as Safri would already be gone if WBA had met his wage demands.

The truth hurts sometimes, but there it is.

I don''t believe Hucks is stupid enough to leave.

He isn''t the player he was 2 seasons ago, that top 1% sharpness has already gone, he is a pace-based player and therefore more suseptable to the ravages of time than anyone else. He is going to be the new Teddy Sheringham!

With that in mind...

Staying with City, best case;
He plays all next season, and the following one and starts making cameos in the 3rd, cementing his legendry status. Draws 3 seasons decent wages. Gets the option of being a coach, is remembered as one of our greatest players of all time by his "loyal" Norwich fans. Gets trotted out at every end of season and celebration and worshipped by all.

Staying with City, worst case;
He plays all next season, possibly picking up an injury or five, and starts to fade - still gets regular football on the basis of his cemented legendry status and draws a decent wage for another 3 years, gets the option of being a coach, is remembered as one of our greatest players of all time by his "loyal" Norwich fans. Gets trotted out at every end of season and celebration and worshipped by all.

Leaving City, best case;
Leaves City for a decent team. Without a legendry status and failing pace, manages to play 1/2 the games of one season spending a lot of time on the bench and 1/4 of the next and is released on free. Draws a 2 seasons decent wages. Hated by fickle Norwich fans, and remembered as a journeyman who wasn''t really ever good enough for the Premiership and failed to live up to his early potential.

Leaving City, worst case;
Leaves City for a another team. Picks up an injury and never settles, and with such a high wage is released at end of season. Either retires or plays for some confernece team for another season. Draws a seasons decent wages. Hated by fickle Norwich fans, and remembered as a journeyman who wasn''t really ever good enough for the Premiership and failed to live up to his early potential.

Hucks isn''t as stupid as some of you think he is.

not sure if he has much of a decent chance of winning anything in the next to seasons unless we buy a defender and now went on the dutch tour and was mortified by how poor are defence was every time the opposition had the ball we looked scared and shakey like they had no confidence in their ability

For goodness sake Hucks can''t possibly leave, after all I did name my goldfish after him !

As long as someone from management doesn''t say those dreaded words ".... and we have the Xray to prove it..." then we will know the injury is genuine, won''t we ?

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

For goodness sake Hucks can''t possibly leave, after all I did name my goldfish after him !

As long as someone from management doesn''t say those dreaded words ".... and we have the Xray to prove it..." then we will know the injury is genuine, won''t we ?

[/quote]

My Grandson named his Hucks and Earnie but they both left suddenly!