Sign in to follow this  
Dr Terrible

Arthur Whittle should have a weekly columnin the Evening News!

Well done Arthur, another great letter.

I have a theroy on this if you care to bare with me.

There are only a handfull of people on this site who disagree with your views, yet the Evening News is a Norfolk paper and not 1 person has yet to reply to disagree {true they havent had a chance to reply to todays but whats the excuse for last weeks letter?}.

Now if you read the Evening News letters regularly you will know that whenever a topic is brought up that people object to a number of counter letters in defence are sent in..

Also the Evening News only prints letters it deems worthy so top marks to Mr Whittle.

Perhaps more people in Norfolk agree with Arthur than the users of this forum care to admit?

I look forward to a letter next week mate, maybe Neil Doncaster may reply?

Keep up the good work on drawing Norfolks attention to the matter and not just a small number on this site.

Arthur is the true voice of NCFC supporters and hes not afraid to go public!

PURE DRIVEL !!

I notice that everytime arthur squeeks wayne squeeks back in support.

Anyway wayne, your lord and master has many wiews on all that''s bad at NCFC and he makes accusations, asks questions (of the board and to posters on this board) and slags off anyone who disagrees with him but..........

HE DOESN''T OFFER ANY SOLUTIONS !!

He has proudly told us on other threads how successful he''s been with his business ventures (and all credit to him). So then WHY with his business accumen and professed LOVE of Norwich city doesn''t he simply by the club out ?

Delia has gone on record as saying that she will sell to an investor as long as he has the club at heart so Arthur..........GET IN THERE !! 

Then you will be my hero as well as waynes !!

"not 1 person has yet to reply to disagree {true they havent had a chance to reply to todays but whats the excuse for last weeks letter?}."

Maybe no-one reads the paper. And the fact that hes on here means I can quicker reply to him now than in a weeks time.

"Also the Evening News only prints letters it deems worthy so top marks to Mr Whittle."

So does any publication. They''re hardly going to publish stuff they don''t want, are they? It''d be like buy mushy peas when you don''t like them.

Perhaps more people in Norfolk agree with Arthur than the users of this forum care to admit?

In terms of letters printed to newspapers its 1-0. Hardly shows signs that ALL of norfolk agree (or even disagree) with him, does it? For all you know I may have had a letter published in another magazine or newspaper elsewhere, but just because no-ones replied in opposition doesn''t mean my views reflect those of everybody?

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"]

There are only a handfull of people on this site who disagree with your views, yet the Evening News is a Norfolk paper and not 1 person has yet to reply to disagree {true they havent had a chance to reply to todays but whats the excuse for last weeks letter?}.

Now if you read the Evening News letters regularly you will know that whenever a topic is brought up that people object to a number of counter letters in defence are sent in..

Also the Evening News only prints letters it deems worthy so top marks to Mr Whittle.

Keep up the good work on drawing Norfolks attention to the matter and not just a small number on this site.

[/quote]

I think you''ve gone public wayne.

1. People usually only write letters to publications when they have strong views as arthur does, your hardly going to write:

dear edp,

Just wanted to write in to say that i think all is well at carrow road at present

Yours sincerely........

2. Newspapers are old hat, people use message boards on the internet to voice thier opinions these days.

3. No one person can take responsibility for being the voice of 25,000+ supporters, that is an extremely arrogant claim.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

"not 1 person has yet to reply to disagree {true they havent had a chance to reply to todays but whats the excuse for last weeks letter?}."

Maybe no-one reads the paper. And the fact that hes on here means I can quicker reply to him now than in a weeks time.

"Also the Evening News only prints letters it deems worthy so top marks to Mr Whittle."

So does any publication. They''re hardly going to publish stuff they don''t want, are they? It''d be like buy mushy peas when you don''t like them.

In terms of letters printed to newspapers its 1-0. Hardly shows signs that ALL of norfolk agree (or even disagree) with him, does it? For all you know I may have had a letter published in another magazine or newspaper elsewhere, but just because no-ones replied in opposition doesn''t mean my views reflect those of everybody?

[/quote]

No one reads the Evening news?

Well they have done well for a paper that no one buys have they not?

Im 100% sure that more people buy the Evening News who support Norwich than use this forum.

Just out of interest how many people regularly use this forum? 20? 30? 100 at most?

And how many buy the evening news? Just a guess but i would say way over 100 my man.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

PURE DRIVEL !!

I notice that everytime arthur squeeks wayne squeeks back in support.

Anyway wayne, your lord and master has many wiews on all that''s bad at NCFC and he makes accusations, asks questions (of the board and to posters on this board) and slags off anyone who disagrees with him but..........

HE DOESN''T OFFER ANY SOLUTIONS !!

He has proudly told us on other threads how successful he''s been with his business ventures (and all credit to him). So then WHY with his business accumen and professed LOVE of Norwich city doesn''t he simply by the club out ?

Delia has gone on record as saying that she will sell to an investor as long as he has the club at heart so Arthur..........GET IN THERE !! 

Then you will be my hero as well as waynes !!

[/quote]

Maybe Arthur will put some potential soloutions in his next letter? I enjoyed both of them.

[quote]Maybe Arthur will put some potential soloutions in his next letter? I enjoyed both of them.[/quote]Given that he ducks out of the simplest of questions in here, I very much doubt that.

The evening news prints the best letters it gets sent rather than all ones over a certain threash hold.  Anyway they print letters in order to get a reaction, not because they are good.btw Is it the Norfolk Evening News or Norwich Evening News?  I''m not sure I''ve ever seen a copy much less read it. - If its Norwich Evening News then I understand this as I originally lived in Gorleston.As for Arthur he has a overly simplistic viewpoint (current board -all bad, new board -all good), doesn''t respond to questioning except with abuse and can''t take it if it comes back, also he seems to do most of his thinking in a pub (things that sound good in a pub often don''t sound so good when not in a pub).   By the classical requirements this means he is perfectly suited to being "The-Voice-Of-The-People".

[/quote]And they call us sheep....

[quote user="baldyboy"]whats the link to read the letters, i cant find it please can somebody help?[/quote]

Theres no links to the letters page so here is Arthur''s letter in full

Give me one good reason why we should feel more optimistic about the way that the Norwich City board have let our players walk away from this club without replacing them (and don''t say the transfer period is not over yet, because who would really want to come here now)

I''ve said along with others that the board is weak and far from ambitious. Every year the same people come out in their defence only for them all to walk away with the''''oh well maybe next year'''' attitude. ''''Delia''s our girl, we''re all one happy big family''''(pass the sick bucket)

Its been the same for 3 seasons so I don''t know why I''m surprised everytime it happens. Chase was hounded out for the same reason, yet ''''darling Delia'''' gets away scot free everytime.

Huckerby if you''re reading this, I wouldn''t blame you if you walked. Then maybe all the pro-Delia can really hang their heads in shame.

We don''t publish the letters page online - no need to really, not with a messageboard as lively as this one.

[/quote]

True voice of NCFC supporters? Sorry mate, he doesn''t speak for me!!!

I cant believe how gullible and niave you lot are towards the board. Ive only been on here a short time and have seen Arthur reply to people only for them to throw one sided abuse his way to defend the board, yet when he gets fed up and does the same he is at the centre of a witch hunt

[quote user="Nigel"]

I cant believe how gullible and niave you lot are towards the board. Ive only been on here a short time and have seen Arthur reply to people only for them to throw one sided abuse his way to defend the board, yet when he gets fed up and does the same he is at the centre of a witch hunt

[/quote]I cant believe how gullible and niave you lot are towards Arthur Whittle.

Ive been on here quite a while and have seen Arthur avoid replying in a sensible manner to people, preferring instead to get caught up in petty point-scoring and throwing one sided abuse.

Yes i am in the paper again, and i will continue to voice my beliefs, untill this board starts to consider selling its shares to people outside of Norfolk.

I don''t consider myself "gullible and naive" as regards the Board.

Rather that, despite any failings that they might have, I think they are a better option for the club at this time than whatever Arthur -if he ever does- might care to suggest as an alternative and how to go about it.

Its all very well running a campaign against something, someone, whatever, but your views will only be taken so far if you cannot suggest what might be a better way of doing things and how you are proposing to do so!

But I won''t abuse him, as with Smudger, he has passion for Norwich and that matters. But we don''t have to agree with him, and that matters as well!

Carry on Arthur, I might not agree with you but I will always read your views and opinions!

[quote user="7rew"]The evening news prints the best letters it gets sent rather than all ones over a certain threash hold. 
Anyway they print letters in order to get a reaction, not because they are good.

btw Is it the Norfolk Evening News or Norwich Evening News?  I''m not sure I''ve ever seen a copy much less read it. - If its Norwich Evening News then I understand this as I originally lived in Gorleston.

As for Arthur he has a overly simplistic viewpoint (current board -all bad, new board -all good), doesn''t respond to questioning except with abuse and can''t take it if it comes back, also he seems to do most of his thinking in a pub (things that sound good in a pub often don''t sound so good when not in a pub).  
By the classical requirements this means he is perfectly suited to being "The-Voice-Of-The-People".
[/quote]

The current board are crap and need to sell up for us to progress, be it a norwich or norfolk paper arthur has certainly got his opinion across to more people than use this forum

Wayne - That was my point about overly simplistic viewpoint.  For the board to sell up there needs to be someone to buy them out.  The board aren''t all bad and there is no Knight-In-Shining-Armour out there just waiting to take over and being rebuffed by the board, at least not a known one.   There are however alot of people who would be much worse for the club that the board could sell to.   Some of them have been proposed by Smudger - would you want Graeme Souness running the board? oh and incidently as an unsackable manager, would that make us progress?I asked the question about the paper because I had never seen a copy of the paper and wished to know what its catchment area (and so readership) were.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Yes i am in the paper again, and i will continue to voice my beliefs, untill this board starts to consider selling its shares to people outside of Norfolk.[/quote]

Someones got to actually buy them still, Arthur. Delia has already said on TV shes willing to sell her shares if the right person comes in. What more can she do to advertise her stake - put a listing in the free-ads? Sell them on Ebay?

Perhaps people outside Norfolk don''t want to invest in a bunch of "farmers and carrot crunchers" as most of them see us.

Have you got a few million to spare?

[quote user="7rew"]Wayne - That was my point about overly simplistic viewpoint. 

For the board to sell up there needs to be someone to buy them out.  The board aren''t all bad and there is no Knight-In-Shining-Armour out there just waiting to take over and being rebuffed by the board, at least not a known one.   There are however alot of people who would be much worse for the club that the board could sell to.  
Some of them have been proposed by Smudger - would you want Graeme Souness running the board? oh and incidently as an unsackable manager, would that make us progress?

I asked the question about the paper because I had never seen a copy of the paper and wished to know what its catchment area (and so readership) were.
[/quote]

Thats a point actually 7rew. Is the evening news just a norwich paper? web team?

[quote user="Millo"]

Thats a point actually 7rew. Is the evening news just a norwich paper? web team?

[/quote]

Yes EEN is a Norwich paper as far as I know and the EDP is a Norfolk paper.

[/quote]  YOU MUST HAVE A VERY BIG HAND MY FRIEND ABOUT THE SIZE OF THE JARROLD STAND

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Yes i am in the paper again, and i will continue to voice my beliefs, untill this board starts to consider selling its shares to people outside of Norfolk.[/quote]

Someones got to actually buy them still, Arthur. Delia has already said on TV shes willing to sell her shares if the right person comes in. What more can she do to advertise her stake - put a listing in the free-ads? Sell them on Ebay?

Perhaps people outside Norfolk don''t want to invest in a bunch of "farmers and carrot crunchers" as most of them see us.

Have you got a few million to spare?

[/quote]

Well potential investors ain''t going to want to even contact the club when Delia & Co have clearly stated "that they would not sell to anybody outside of Norfolk" are they???

As for froeign investment.... lol  [:D]

Well done for your letter Arthur, although I don''t agree with all your points, it''s good to see you have taken the trouble to air your views.

Okay folks, I am sure the EEN will continue to sell in shed loads, haven''t most of you got family members who don''t get computers, much less the internet!  They will still buy papers for their primary source of information and the letters ed on the Evening News will continue to publish Arthur''s letters or any from a different viewpoint.  They can only choose from what''s sent in. So if anyone disagrees with Arthur, then send in your letter. 

Anyone seen my latest piece of art? im so glad its going out to a wider audience because,and as much as i love this site and everyones opinion, i do feel it can be a little one sided.

Arthur. While you come across as a decent old boy and as someone who cares about all things NCFC, I do feel that your constant moaning about the board is getting tiresome.

In your letter in tonights evening news you highlight three things where you think the club has let us down.

1.....The transfer debacle. What transfer debacle ?  Every action, decision and transfer has been explained by the club and debated on here in detail so if you have more insight into the clubs financial matters than the rest of us perhaps you will share them.

2.....You say the board tell us ''''time after time'''' we are only a small club. Apart from a couple of ''asides'' I don''t recall them drumming the point home. And if refusing to pay players like Varney £20k per week makes us ''''small'''', so be it. 

3.....You finish your letter by saying Peter Grant has his hands firmly tied. I seem to remember him saying during the Jan transfer window how he was happy with what he had to spend and I haven''t heard him complain this time either.

Arthur. You and I are from the same generation. We both remember the blankets coming round. The corrugated tin loos. Getting soaked in the open stands. We both have many memories of our club (good and bad). We have both seen the club rise from div 3(south) to a club that has bought TWO players at £3m. We have both felt the highs and lows along the way. The difference between us now is that I just don''t believe people when the accuse the board of lying, being unambitious, black holes etc.

I firmly believe that this board is MORE ambitious than you or I because they are prepared to back up their own judgement with their own money.

Sorry Arthur, I just don''t see any point in continuously knocking the board for the sake of it. Either buy into the club so you can make your opinions count or go and buy another season ticket and start ENJOYING football again.

lappinitup