Sign in to follow this  
The Saturday Boy

I love PG

I have to say I''m very impressed by the way Grant, Duffy, and Gunny have handled the transfers over the summer. I know we maybe missed out on a couple, but I don''t want playershere who''s heart isn''t in it anyway. I believe Granty is trying to get a squad together who want to play for him as a manager, for the rest of the team and for the club as a whole. Team spirit can take you far and win things and we obviously can''t compete financially with some of the richer clubs in the championship anymore (please don''t make this into another debate about the board and where all the money has gone, thats been discussed enough on here and i think we know most peoples opinion on that issue!) , but there are probably gonna be a couple more signings between now and August and I for one can''t wait!  Lastly an appeal: Let''s ALL get behind the team and join in with the singing and chanting next year not just the lower barclay D and E and the Snakepit!COME ON CITY!!!

Yes, i think the fans are really starting to take to him - he talks more like a fan and less like a manager. When someone leaves he''s disappointed, if someone crosses him he doesn''t hide his anger, if someone impresses him he gives them the credit they deserve - no BS. It''s easy to know and understand what he''s trying to do - with his staff, in the boardroom and on the pitch. My only worry is whether or not the board can handle him. If he hasn''t already he will very soon have the full weight of popular opinion behind him (Gladiator style!) and some boards could find that intimidating. He doesn''t speak boardroom language and i wonder if they might be in for a bumpy ride with him on occassions. I can easily see O''Neill - Chase, O''Leary - Ellis style stand offs becoming quite common!

[quote user="a1canary"]Yes, i think the fans are really starting to take to him - he talks more like a fan and less like a manager. When someone leaves he''s disappointed, if someone crosses him he doesn''t hide his anger, if someone impresses him he gives them the credit they deserve - no BS. It''s easy to know and understand what he''s trying to do - with his staff, in the boardroom and on the pitch.

My only worry is whether or not the board can handle him. If he hasn''t already he will very soon have the full weight of popular opinion behind him (Gladiator style!) and some boards could find that intimidating. He doesn''t speak boardroom language and i wonder if they might be in for a bumpy ride with him on occassions. I can easily see O''Neill - Chase, O''Leary - Ellis style stand offs becoming quite common!
[/quote]

Absolutely spot on a1canary. I have that concern too. I see him a lot like O''Neill (in temperament if not ability) and I fear that he''ll up sticks and go if he feels the board are not giving him what he wants and needs.

I like the look of what Grant is trying to bring to Norwich.   We must try and remember that it isnt always the best players that win you matches, its the best team.   We need to take Reading as an example 2 years ago, they stormed the league with players who werent household, top class players (like some norwich fans expect us to sign everytime). Steve Coppell got average players playing above their stations by creating the right kind of competitive atmosphere, and that is what I think PG is trying to do.  We''ve had Earnshaw and Ashton the past 2 seasons and we''ve won nothing, all they have done is create tension and rumours come transfer window time.  Now i think its time we had a team and not just a couple of top class players on the pitch every saturday.

Can''t agree at all as yet, Strihavka could flop, Smith could flit in and out of games, Marshall could be overrated, Doherty and Hughes could still be regulars, Grants tactics could still be rubbish.  We finished 16th last season and Grant failed to improve results.  We could well be just as poor next season.

I for one hope Granty has done us proud, and his repeated playing of Doherty in midfield will end.  I do not want to see any more of the tactical isiot we saw last season.

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"]I have to say I''m very impressed by the way Grant, Duffy, and Gunny have handled the transfers over the summer. I know we maybe missed out on a couple, but I don''t want playershere who''s heart isn''t in it anyway. I believe Granty is trying to get a squad together who want to play for him as a manager, for the rest of the team and for the club as a whole. Team spirit can take you far and win things and we obviously can''t compete financially with some of the richer clubs in the championship anymore (please don''t make this into another debate about the board and where all the money has gone, thats been discussed enough on here and i think we know most peoples opinion on that issue!) , but there are probably gonna be a couple more signings between now and August and I for one can''t wait!
 Lastly an appeal: Let''s ALL get behind the team and join in with the singing and chanting next year not just the lower barclay D and E and the Snakepit!

COME ON CITY!!!
[/quote]

I really couldn''t agree more with this post.  I think we have a good man at the helm in Granty.  He shows the passion and enthusiasm that we need to get ourselves back up where we belong.  He''s sorting through our inadequate squad, cutting down the dead wood and bringing in a mixture of youthfullness and experience, together with some much needed continental flair.  I too think its absolutely vital that ALL the fans get behind both the team and the gaffer.  I really couldnt care less what a few attention-seeking posters on this forum think and I think it''s about time they showed a bit more maturity regarding certain issues.

its definately refreshing seeing him critisize some of the aspects of our game and acctually dioing something about it in the transfer window rather thanthe ussual we tried our best worthy comments after our games .

Seem to remember everybody on here slagging him off in his first month. Something along the lines of, "he''s not good enough for us".

It took a West Ham fan, (when he joined you), to tell you that he would turn your club around, given time. He''ll stabalise the club first and then move it forward.

Remember chaps, he''s new to managerial work, he will be learning all the time. From his West Ham days, I have a lot of respect for the guy. Allow him a few mistakes eh!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Can''t agree at all as yet, Strihavka could flop, Smith could flit in and out of games, Marshall could be overrated, Doherty and Hughes could still be regulars, Grants tactics could still be rubbish.  We finished 16th last season and Grant failed to improve results.  We could well be just as poor next season.

I for one hope Granty has done us proud, and his repeated playing of Doherty in midfield will end.  I do not want to see any more of the tactical isiot we saw last season.

[/quote]

Anyone know what an isiot is?