Sign in to follow this  
Grif

West Ham on Tuesday - your reception for former Canaries?

I think Greeno and Bellas deserve a massive cheer. They always gave their all for the cause and genuinely loved the club.

Now on to Ashton. All I have to say is think back to that second home game after relegation against Crewe. He did everything he could not to score. He even blazed a shot over the bar from 8 yards- 8 YARDS! I know they were the only club he''d played for and has fond memories of them but that didn''t stop Rooney scoring against Eeverton.

Didn''t Bellamy also score against us when he was at Newcastle? If so point proven.

Therefore Ashton should get no special treatment, silence is the best policy.

Cheers for Scott Parker, brilliant player who really wanted to come to us. And Davenport who was very impressive while here.

I don''t have a ticket but thinking about subscribing to Setana Sports just to watch it!!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

does no one here recognise ambition?

Dean Ashton was a young man wanting to play at the highest level.. not a piss poor championship side. he moved job to fulfil that ambition. how many of u will cheer when he scores for England?

have none of u changed job? to go somewhere better and achieve more with more money and better prospects?

Compare that to Mercenaries Earnshaw and Etuhu who signed and from day one never had any intention of sticking around with their clauses.... yet they get hero-worshipped on here by some of you.

jas :)

[/quote]

Another superb post Jas.

[/quote]

Yep, I''ve got to agree with both Jas and Arthur here.

[quote user="Marigold"]

I think Greeno and Bellas deserve a massive cheer. They always gave their all for the cause and genuinely loved the club.

Now on to Ashton. All I have to say is think back to that second home game after relegation against Crewe. He did everything he could not to score. He even blazed a shot over the bar from 8 yards- 8 YARDS! I know they were the only club he''d played for and has fond memories of them but that didn''t stop Rooney scoring against Eeverton.

Didn''t Bellamy also score against us when he was at Newcastle? If so point proven.

[/quote]

jamie cureton scored against last season too.. so what point is Belluz proving?

can someone please fill me in on why ashton desrves to be booed what did he ever do wrong he was are best player in the prem and stood out at championship level even though he was playing in an awful side  i bet not one of you could say you would not do the same and turn down the chance to play in the best league in the world .

All very noble Tim until you say you''re going to boo Damien Francis in another post. Surely he just wanted to play in the best league in the world.?

Boo Ashton ! they guy just used Norwich , Ashton and his dad ( his adviser ) got very rich from us ! The rest i will clap ! Boo Tevez !!! ( if he plays )

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Marigold"]

[/quote]

jamie cureton scored against last season too.. so what point is Belluz proving?

[/quote]I thought his point was obvious? The fact that Bellers scored against us despite the fact he wanted Norwich to do well, opposed to Ashton trying not to score against Crewe when he was in his "Not Bothering" mode after relegation (Not that I can actually remember the Crewe game)

Green - Gave us great service, did nothing wrong, had to move on.  Cheer, Greeno Greeno

Bellamy - Saved us financially, was a legend in a short time, scored goals, did nothing wrong. Big Cheer - Oh bellamy, bella bella bellamy

Ashton - Little Clap - Wanted out, saw us as a steppoing stone, but did do well for us and had to go for his carear.

ween nasty the way francis conducted himself in the last ten games for us the way he walked around looking like he didnt give a sh*t about us and the way he got his agent to pleed for prem clubs to come and get him i think he deserves to be booed .on the other hand i beleive ashton gave his all to us and stayed until january when he could have left in the summer and i will all ways back him to succeed where ever he goes .

Thanks for the players lads, Green and Ashton are superb.

If you didn''t want to play us for a pre-season muck about, we could easily have gone elsewhere, you only had to say.

Thought that you might appreciate seeing some class players, obviously not.

You can do anything you like tonight, just don''t injure any of our players, cheers.

P.S. If you hate us so much, why are you begging for Quashie, Dailly and Davenport?

With a little bit,with a little bit, with a litttttle bit of bloomin luck......Your lot will be playing us again season next! How you can talk it up after the scandel at upton is beyond me, i think i''ll stick with our lot and thats saying something !!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

does no one here recognise ambition?

Dean Ashton was a young man wanting to play at the highest level.. not a piss poor championship side. he moved job to fulfil that ambition. how many of u will cheer when he scores for England?

have none of u changed job? to go somewhere better and achieve more with more money and better prospects?

Compare that to Mercenaries Earnshaw and Etuhu who signed and from day one never had any intention of sticking around with their clauses.... yet they get hero-worshipped on here by some of you.

[/quote]

Another superb post Jas.

[/quote]

Get real Arthur... good post???

Ashton, Greeno, and Bellers all have ambition.

Earnshaw also was priceless to us in his time here and Etuhu would of stuck around also if this club was heading in the right direction.

Why should any player be blamed for wanting to better themselves?

It is up to the manager and those in the boardroom to give good players something to want to hang around Carrow Road for surely???

I don''t blame any of the above mentioned players for leaving...  I blame our board and poor management that has not built a team on the pitch around these star players in order to make them want to stay.

Arthur,

I say again, Green and Ashton are superb players, English too. Norwich City improved their game, credit to the club.

As a lover of football, Tevez was unbelievable to watch live. He''ll be a star at Manure. The fans would have loved to see him play next season but realised a long time ago that this was not going to happen. There is a special relationship between us and we both just want it sorted out. He didn''t keep WHU up by himself. He didn''t score until January. He was on the bench for a lot of last year. Without Green''s brilliance at Arsenal we''d have lost big time. There were other players in the team that contributed to the "great escape" but nobody mentions them. The supporters have wanted the saga sorted out ages ago. Like you, we just want to get on with the new season.  We too have a loyal support, the best say many? East enders are proud people and we do not want to lose the positive history built up by the club over many years. Crucially, in all of this "Tevez saga," none of it is the fault of Magnusson, Curbishly, the players, or the supporters who turn up in big numbers home and away. Season tickets are limited to 24,000 until our new 50 or 60,000 seater is built a few miles away. Whatever the rights and wrongs, the contracts, clauses, law suits, referral to Governing bodies, the fault of the previous owners, precedents, we just want to get on with a new season. I can''t ever see us being anywhere near the relegation zone again whilst Eggy is around. So unfortunately, I will have to decline your kind invitation to play you in the Championship. The decision will not now be overturned. The bad thing for all of us is that the gap between Premier league and the rest is going to grow big time.

In all probability, we will be paid £6m which will cover the fine in it''s entirety. After the season that we have had to endure, you would laugh too if it happened to you, (there''s a song there somewhere)!

I repeat, tongue in cheek, "please do not injure any of our players for the start of the new season". So far, we have lost our French star for at least 6 months, plus knocks to Parker, Mullins and Ferdinand. Ashton and Upson too are coming back from serious injuries. Obviously, you will have been along to support your team tonight. Whatever happened, the result means nothing. I just want a muck about game to improve fitness and to get through it all without any injury scares.

Good luck for the new season

Andy.

Jas

Fantastic post - shame irony doesn''t come across on messageboards.

Loved the bit about Etuhu and Earnie being mercenaries and only here to further their career whereas Ashton wasn''t like that.

Hilarious.