Sign in to follow this  
Grif

West Ham on Tuesday - your reception for former Canaries?

Are any of you guys going to the West Ham match on tuesday?  If so, what sort of a welcome will you be giving to the 3 ex-canaries on display? (Green, Ashton, Bellamy).

Robert Green - Nice big cheer for him.  Deserves his chance in the big time.  Would probably still be here now if we were in the top flight.  After all the boy is good enough to play for England in my book.

Craig Bellamy - Sold for big money back in the day.  Club probably needed the money.  Medium-Little cheer for him....

Dean Ashton - Conduct during the whole West Ham saga was appalling.  His lack of interest until just before the transfer window opened makes him a bit of a scummer in my book.   No boo''s though, no reaction at all would hurt his ego more than anything.

For me, Bellamy should get a good shout. Always showed his quality here, and probably benefitted from being sold off rather than expressing a desire to leave.

Greeno? He deserves a good reception too. He was here a long time and always gave Ipswich plenty of stick. Plus he looks like a rural kind of fellow.

And Ashton. Almost single-handedly kept us up. One of the few to look bothered at Fulham. But clearly sulked when January approached and we were miles off the Championship pace. May I suggest a light ripple?

As for the Hammers as a club, they are blantant cheats who should be playing in our division this season. If Tevez''s economic rights are STILL owned by Kia Joorabchian, they should be immediately relegated for lying... again. I trust they will get the reception they deserve at every ground they visit next season.

[quote user="Geeza in Yellow"]Are any of you guys going to the West Ham match on tuesday?  If so, what sort of a welcome will you be giving to the 3 ex-canaries on display? (Green, Ashton, Bellamy).[/quote]

All 3 done the club a great service and it is out of order to single them out for abuse. Ashton took all the flack for his move yet it was the board who put a price tag on his head, lied that he was injured in the fa cup game, denied talking to west ham etc so imo he has done no worse than Green leaving a sinking ship to better his career. It was Ashton after all that gave us that glimmer of hope that we maight stay up when we were in the prem. The guy is more than welcome back.

I will be applauding all three of them!!

Although i''ll reserve my biggest cheer for Greeno and i hope the Barclays give him a big ''Greeno Greeno'' when he runs towards that end.  He did after all play in a championship winning side and he blatantly hates the binners!!

I''ll be cheering all three but maybe a little quieter for Bellamy, he did nothing wrong in terms of NCFC but I just don''t like the bloke.

I may even give a cheer to loanees Scott Parker and Callum Davenport... It''ll be like Norwich old boys out there!

I''ll be there, but im a sheep[:)] so i''ll follow what everyone else does, just as i do regarding the board. You see, i don''t have a brain of my own...

four ex canaries - don''t forget Scott Parker as well

Green and Bellamy - good by me

Ashton - mercenary , but suppose you cannot blame him

applause for all 3.. they all served us with distinction.

I''ll give Belluz the biggest cheer. despite his attitude he has always spoken highly of us and acknowledged how we bought him back from injury 3 times when other clubs would of left him on the scrap heap.. its because of us he is playing in the premiership and not playing pub football.. also, his subdued celebration when he scored for Newcastle and his comments to the media when talking about us suggests he wishes us all the best and still looks fondly upon us.

jas :)

Southampton match aside (transfer window approaching) Ashton''s petulance completely undermined any hope of bouncing back to the premiership.

He clearly lacked any attempt at fitness and his attitude towards the fans was poor (those at Loftus Rd and Kenilworth Rd will testify) so I think reciprocal indifference would be the best that could be called for.

As for Green, he was a great servant, and still appreciated.

Who is Craig Bellamy?

spot on fillett, despite his goals, i shall never forget the disgraceful attitude towards thre fans at Loftus Road that day.

i shall neith "boo" nor "cheer" etc. After all, it is a meaningless friendly, but no doubt the loveable cockernees will be keen to lord it over us as usual with their back to the seventies attempts at looking well ''ard.....yawn, don''t ya just love them (not).

Bellamy definitely gets the biggest cheer, I''ve had a drink with him (well, I saw him in the pub and was already drunk so went upto him and started talking) It was in Norwich just before our Premiership campaign when he played for Newcastle - I think we played them third (or was it second?) in the league and he was telling me how much he loved Norwich as a club, place and the people. Was hoping we''d stay up and would try harder against any other struggling teams to try and keep us up. He bought me a drink and couldn''t have been nicer, humble or complimentary to Norwich.

I know he has the reputation of being an arrogant, aggressive, nasty bloke and he probably is when in a sporting environment - he''s a competitor who hates to lose (on a team and personal level) but when I met him I don''t have anything at all bad to say about him apart from at the time he was in the pub with Titus Bramble and Kieran Dyer (I ignored them completely, pretending I didn''t know who they were)

Green gets a cheer due to service and after that many years deserved a chance to move away to try and get success. I was going to say boo Ashton but I''ve changed my mind, I prefer the idea further up to just have silence because it will probably dent his ego more.

[quote user="Wings"]

Let''s not forget Scott Parker, he''s a former Yellow as well.

[/quote]

Yes but I really meant fully-fledged, permanent-signing type former Canaries.  I second pretty much everything that''s been said in reply to my original post.  My loudest cheer will be reserved for Greeno.

They will all get a big cheer from me, Greeno had his heart in this club and to be honest I think we did quite well out of him. He had a great rapport with the Barclay and deserves a big cheer.

Bellamy I think also has fond memories of our club and I have great memories of him.

Ashton left under a bit of a cloud but did score some great goals and we made a lot of money out of him.

All three deserve a big cheer and will get it I`m sure.

Bellers will definitely get the biggest cheer from me. As has already been said, he always speaks highly of Norwich & said before the first Newcastle game he still thinks of Norwich as his club! He might be an arrogant sod & is not liked by fans all over the country, but I think he''s great!!!!

Green I will applaud but not too much after his village mentality comment.

Cashton... I will neither boo, nor applaud him.

btw u sed ''ashton single handedly kept us up'' - we didnt stay up .. so he couldnt have done.
as 4 those 3 i think bellamy and greeno definately a clap and yeh ashton maybe a bit ...

Bellamy- BIIIIIIIIG cheer and BIIIIIIIIIG clap, IMO best player we have ever produced.

Green - A cheer and a wee clap.

Ashton- A boo. No way was he loyal! we gave him the chance he needed, when we needed him he jumped ship.Another francis in my book. Wanted out, got what he wanted, so ta da cAshton.

Parker- A slight cheer. After all he acknowledges how we helped his career.....unlike cAshton.......

cAshton can rot in hell as far as im concerned........

Everyone should give Ashton, Green and Bellamy a very warm welcome back to carrow road. They were all superb players while they were here and all three of them are seen in norwich quite frequently, visiting family and friends here or might still own property down here. I hope they all have a great season and greeno and ashton get back into the england squad soon. Will also be nice to see Parker and Davenport too! Just wondering if PG will have a word with Lee Bowyer about signing for us while he is here? I can wish can''t i?

imnot sure if im going, my grandad has not said, but i think Green and bells get the biggest cheer, ashton should not be ignored but.......

does no one here recognise ambition?

Dean Ashton was a young man wanting to play at the highest level.. not a piss poor championship side. he moved job to fulfil that ambition. how many of u will cheer when he scores for England?

have none of u changed job? to go somewhere better and achieve more with more money and better prospects?

Compare that to Mercenaries Earnshaw and Etuhu who signed and from day one never had any intention of sticking around with their clauses.... yet they get hero-worshipped on here by some of you.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]btw u sed ''ashton single handedly kept us up'' - we didnt stay up .. so he couldnt have done.
as 4 those 3 i think bellamy and greeno definately a clap and yeh ashton maybe a bit ...[/quote]

Read it again... [:D]

can we realy boo ashton at he time we were playing some of the worst football id ever seen and he gave us a chance of staying up it was other idiots like that francis prat that deserve to be booed .i admit he was like any big name playing in premiership the championship would be, he didnt play well towards the end of his time here because he was playing in a sh*T team at the time .after watching the premiership  season dvd he scored some spectacular goals for us.He did what any of us ould have done at the time and moved to play for a bigger and better club in the premieship. I wish him luck in the premiership and he will always be one of citys best all time strikers for me even if he was here for only a season and a half.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

does no one here recognise ambition?

Dean Ashton was a young man wanting to play at the highest level.. not a piss poor championship side. he moved job to fulfil that ambition. how many of u will cheer when he scores for England?

have none of u changed job? to go somewhere better and achieve more with more money and better prospects?

Compare that to Mercenaries Earnshaw and Etuhu who signed and from day one never had any intention of sticking around with their clauses.... yet they get hero-worshipped on here by some of you.

[/quote]

Another superb post Jas.

Dean Ashton went up a lot in my estimation when I heard he took part in Craig Fleming''s charity walk (run?) a few weeks ago. Clearly, he has a philanthropic side to his character, as well as the more familiar selfish trait. It''s not every footballer who would make the effort to take part in a charity event organised by somebody at their former club. Hats off to Craig as well for still being involved in the local community - obviously he''s also an ex-player. All those who are going to the match - give them all a cheer for me!