Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Campaign for West ham to get relegated.

I think it stinks that they are still up and Sheff Utd are down.

I think there should be a nationwide campaign from all clubs for their relegation.What do you think?

yes it stinks. But would you really want to have West ham in this division next year? With all the money & players they currently have? Thats one of the automatic places gone.

No thanks

I definitely agree that what happened was way out of order, but I dont see the point in starting up any campaign now. 

It is very difficult to understand how West ham survived since they clearly broke the rules in that they played someone who allegedly they do not own and they knew this and yet allegedly misinformed the Premier League. I suspect if this had been the FA they would have been relegated as the FA have always been very tough on clubs who break the rules. However the Premier Laegue is all about money hence the big big fine ( wonder where that money will go) and no points deducted.

The fact that West ham had to re-register the player clearly demonstrates that they have played him when he was not correctly registered so the games he played should be void and the points should have been deducted. This is not only unfair to Sheffield Utd but to all clubs West Ham played when he was not registered.

And as if to prove all of this it now appears that West ham may still not own Tevez hence his transfer is still being delayed which if true means West ham have misinformed the Premier League again! I still cant help but feel if this had been a Wigan or Bolton there would have been a different outcome. I trully hope that somehow justice is done but as others have said I dont blame the West ham players so any kind of protest will not get at the real people who bent the rules. The real villains of this are the Premier League for not inflicting the appropriate punishment.  I can only but wish Sheffield Utd the best of luck in the court and hope that somehow the Premier League are made to get their house in order.

Some people seem obsessed with campaigns. West Ham were out of order, but they''re not going down. Get over it. How about joining some useful campaigns like getting the troops out of Iraq, stopping destruction of the rain forests, child poverty or something a bit more important.

[quote user="SPat"]Some people seem obsessed with campaigns. West Ham were out of order, but they''re not going down. Get over it. How about joining some useful campaigns like getting the troops out of Iraq, stopping destruction of the rain forests, child poverty or something a bit more important.
[/quote] If that is your views WHY post on a football related site???

dump them in the conference! the players would leave and theyd be up the creek.

10 point deduction too!

jas :)

[quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="SPat"]Some people seem obsessed with campaigns. West Ham were out of order, but they''re not going down. Get over it. How about joining some useful campaigns like getting the troops out of Iraq, stopping destruction of the rain forests, child poverty or something a bit more important. [/quote] If that is your views WHY post on a football related site???[/quote]

Maybe it was just to subtly hint that most campaigns don''t work...?

Can everyone please just give up on this?! Yes it stinks. Yes they''re corrupt. Yes they should have been relegated but nothing''s going to happen now!

By all means boo them and make up songs/chants to tell them they should have gone down (though they''d probably love that because they know themselves that they are lucky to still be in the Prem) but there''s nothing else you can do I''m afraid. A campaign would just be time-consuming and ultimately pointless.

[quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="SPat"]Some people seem obsessed with campaigns. West Ham were out of order, but they''re not going down. Get over it. How about joining some useful campaigns like getting the troops out of Iraq, stopping destruction of the rain forests, child poverty or something a bit more important. [/quote] If that is your views WHY post on a football related site???[/quote]Am I only allowed to post on a Norwich message board if I think a campaign about two other clubs I care little about is futile. And yes, it was actually an ironic post about the campaign obsession of some people, but rarely about anything that really matters. Why not start a campaign to get Accrington or whoever it was compensation for being thrown out of the FA cup last season and while we''re at it, to stop family members of managers being agents. There''s million of stupid things that football does, we can''t have a campaign about all of them ffs.

As it would be too late to do anything now the response should be to increase the number of teams relegated from the premiership and promoted to the chamionship to four teams whilst giving West Ham a 30 point deduction and Sheffield United a +30 points start.

This would mean that Sheffield United would be almost guaranteed promotion, West Ham almost guaranteed relegation and no other clubs would be affected. The premier league would get off the hook by handing out a suitable punishment and sheffield united would not be severely disadvantaged by being parachuted into the premiership at such a late stage of the summer.

I would support any campaign to get West Ham a proper punishment.

Yawn !Havent we all heard enough. Would rather face Sheffield than West Ham. Doesnt effect NCFC so have lost interest.The only cause I want to get behind is supporting our own club onwards and upwards. Shallow maybe but bored .

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

10 point deduction too!

[/quote]

to be honest, the majority of their ''big names'' are probably only there for the money... e.g. lucas neil turned down trophies at liverpool for more money and relegation battle (then, and now probably only mid-table) at west ham... and therefore would probably play for them at conference level as long as they got their fat wages from magnusson.

i know he''s ex scummer, but i think darren bent deserves credit (yes, he''s still on too many thousands of pounds a week, but still) for rejecting west ham despite them offering about £30k a week more than spurs, as he wanted to have success in the game not just a lovely bank balance

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

10 point deduction too!

[/quote]

to be honest, the majority of their ''big names'' are probably only there for the money... e.g. lucas neil turned down trophies at liverpool for more money and relegation battle (then, and now probably only mid-table) at west ham... and therefore would probably play for them at conference level as long as they got their fat wages from magnusson.

i know he''s ex scummer, but i think darren bent deserves credit (yes, he''s still on too many thousands of pounds a week, but still) for rejecting west ham despite them offering about £30k a week more than spurs, as he wanted to have success in the game not just a lovely bank balance

[/quote]

Here Here

Out of the whole thing I can''t understand how the FA managed to fine them millions of pounds which proves that something more than decidedly dodgey went on and then proceeded not to give any of that money to Sheff Utd who copped one as a result.

It will be strange to see what happens if this makes high court because if it does and West Ham are proven of just going "bah I''ll tear it up then" which means nothing with contracts there may be hell to pay for sections of the FA.

I for one think that the FA need an overhaul anyway. The head changes far too often because they make their retirement money then leave.

I think Pearce has the right attitude - he has got the under-21s to give up their national wages to support charities etc. They should do this with the full National side and also look at how much some FA chiefs get paid. Those at the top should do it out of pride and respect of the previous footballing generations who have played an honest game and uphold the game in a way inwhich people can trust and have faith.

The one person I really feel sorry for in this whole affair is Tevez because the guy has done nothing wrong than do a thing he loves best and play great football. He is owned by an agent - in a westernised sort of way that sounds just like slavery to me.