Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

£250k if Hammers qualify for Europe and Ashton plays for England

Was looking back over a bbc article on Ashton''s transfer from us and it reminded me of this. £125k for each eventuality. Ashton featuring in a competitive England game - before the year''s out i reckon, and WHU making Europe which with Curbishley and the egg man could happen this season.

[quote user="a1canary"]Was looking back over a bbc article on Ashton''s transfer from us and it reminded me of this. £125k for each eventuality. Ashton featuring in a competitive England game - before the year''s out i reckon, and WHU making Europe which with Curbishley and the egg man could happen this season.
[/quote]

or they could end up in the championship with a 10 point deduction and transfer embargo as a result of their dealings (or possible lack of) for Carlitos Tevez.

I know what id rather see!

jas :)

[quote user="Rethinking the future"]We would have received the money for WHU getting into Europe. They qualified as runners up in the FA Cup final as Liverpool had already qualified for the Champions League position.[/quote]Ah, good point RtF! Oh well, i think we''ll get the rest later this year when/if ashton features in the euro qualifiers. With or without West Ham Jas! Agreed i''d rather see them relegated but that won''t stop Ashton appearing for England as he''d be off back to the premiership in a heartbeat!

[quote user="a1canary"]Was looking back over a bbc article on Ashton''s transfer from us and it reminded me of this. £125k for each eventuality. Ashton featuring in a competitive England game - before the year''s out i reckon, and WHU making Europe which with Curbishley and the egg man could happen this season.
[/quote]

Can''t dispute the facts, A1 canary, but this just illustrates how far we''ve fallen when we even need to mention that we''ll be due a piffling £250,000 - in football terms - if either eventuality happens. A few years ago there''d have been more than this amount of small change hiding down the back of the Carrow Road sofa !

Personally I''ve got no axe to grind with Ashton, good luck to him if he makes it as a regular for England. The national team needs someone consistent up front and he is that, if nothing else, but I''ve a sneaking feeling that he may be injury prone, leaving him with a '' stop-start '' career at best.

With regards to West Ham, whilst no-one can argue that to win seven out of their last nine matches was a fantastic achievement, it''s a pity that they had to cheat to do it. I''d love to see them struggle this year and watch the dressing room fall apart but I suspect that they''ll do reasonably OK but probably not good enough for European football. My one big hope is that signing Craig Bellamy and possibly Keiron Dyer - God help ''em - will be enough to send the club into turmoil.

True, Bellamy and Dyer are brilliant footballers but it''s all the baggage that comes with them that may well send West Ham into the abyss.

We can but hope....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="a1canary"]Was looking back over a bbc article on Ashton''s transfer from us and it reminded me of this. £125k for each eventuality. Ashton featuring in a competitive England game - before the year''s out i reckon, and WHU making Europe which with Curbishley and the egg man could happen this season.[/quote]

Can''t dispute the facts, A1 canary, but this just illustrates how far we''ve fallen when we even need to mention that we''ll be due a piffling £250,000 - in football terms - if either eventuality happens. A few years ago there''d have been more than this amount of small change hiding down the back of the Carrow Road sofa!

[/quote]Fair enough aSms but the reality is, we''ve fallen one league. Fact is, if you are in the Premiership 250k is a drop in the ocean, to everyone else, it''s a sum well worth having. Right now, every penny we get while outside the Premiership will buy us a little more time before we have to start a fire sale and start all over again. Because that time will come in the next two or three seasons if we don''t get back. For Southampton, who came down at the same time as us, it looks to be happening already. They have just 23 players on their books right now. Our squad is thin but even we have 37. Starting again and rebuilding can be a good thing, but we''re not ready for it yet, we still don''t have the youth players to replace our senior players. I just hope they come on a bit this season.

£250000 would probably pay for a months wages for a club like ours. I know what you are saying is true but we live in different times now and any money we can get is a bonus.

Eggy will pay £250k out of his back pocket in loose change.

It''s sad that a club with Norwich''s history is now looking forward to getting £250k

Sorry to disapoint you but Curbishly yesterday told a fanzine that he was aiming for 10th place this year to stabalize the club.

Its not sad, its life. We don''t all have a sugar daddy like yours who has 250000 ''loose change'' in their back pocket.

And you wonder why most people hate Hammers fans, why are you posting on here anyhow? where is the might Hammers board?

And finally, other people correct me wrong, but I''m sure we got some of the money as you qualified for Europe last year but cocked it up. As if your team would get into Europe next year, oh unless you cheat again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote]

Sorry to disapoint you but Curbishly yesterday told a fanzine that he was aiming for 10th place this year to stabalize the club.

[/quote]

Unfortunately for you, that is as far a Curbishly''s ambition goes...

Sorry, when was the last time in Norwich''s history that they were in a European final, let alone win a trophy?

No, we don''t all have a sugar daddy, so can we have it on record that if one wanted to purchase Norwich you would be against it?

Perhaps, you should just be greatfull that we won the World cup for you? ( Oh no, here we go again), but its true ain''t it?

It wasn''t that long ago that you were relying on the likes of Lomas to keep you up!

£250k - that bought you Malky Makay. Don''t be so quick to forget your very recent past happy Sc''ammer. The only thing that other people will remember about West Ham this season is their cheating.

As for the team you are assembling, we shall see. The fact is other than the top 17/18 clubs in this country £250k can buy you a rather good player. And whilst the premiership remains the ritch mans play-thing the championship and football league becomes more and more like the honest mans game.

Shams like Tevez only go to highlight the corruptness of the higher reaches of football in this country. Surely it is illegal to "own" someones working rights?

West Ham should have been treated like Uventus and sent down with a heavy fine.

Yes West Ham have a golden past - I know for one how well respected they once were but I can assure you - all of that has just been sold down the Thames. My grandfather would be horrified to see what his club has become now.

Sorry Happyhammer but if I was a Hammer (which I very nearly was) I would be anything but happy.

If Norwich achieve then I would like it to be on the back of earning it - not buying it. Otherwise like Chelsea winning becomes the only thing people know and  they forget how it is earnt.

I also believe that if the FA keeps supporting the monopoly that is the Premiership you will get more and more clubs seriously considering a possible break-away league. I am becoming more and more in support of this as the premiership is becoming more and more about how ritch is your sugar dady than how good is your team. Mine can buy Shevchenko - who cares mine can buy Torres. What a waste of money.

The perspective is that £30million could buy most clubs in the Championship yet the clubs in the premiership albeit the top four or five can afford to spend this amount on one or two players.

I think the FA need to go down the F1 route and introduce new laws that challenge the teams to think in new ways. Some ideas have already been banded around for a while now.

Some have suggested having to have 1-2 British players in a team at all times, as in the starting line-up. Others have suggested a wage cap for the league.

I think it should be more like the team is only able to spend an amount related to A) The money made by the club itself B) Its end of season League Standing C) Cup runs. These are just a coupld of ideas not thought through at great depth but something defenitely needs to be done. West Ham just goes to highlight that.

I agree, it is unfortunately life.

The Premiership will soon be a league whereby every club in it will have a sugar Daddy, who is a foreigner. That can''t be good for supporters of football around England.

Even teams like QPR are getting them, the world''s gone mad.

Your entitled to your view about WHU supporters but remember, they had no knowledge of what was going on either. Only the Iranian, Terry Brown, previous owner and another Board member, Scott Duxbury. The WHU fans hate what has gone on as much as you. Our name and history has been "dragged through the mud".

I post football banter on other club''s websites too. Other people around the world post on some of the WHU websites. Why don''t you try it, you get alot more balanced opinon, without the same old stories. You can state Norwich''s view?

I am fed up with all these foreign investors coming into the league, but I dont mind Hammers fans, purely as loads of the ones I know, said "oh we cant have Sven we need someone who knows the history of the club........"They have someone who knows the history now and buys loads known average premiership players on huge money, they dream of getting 5th (odd dream with all the cash) but wont get their as they dont (other than noble) have 1 top top class player.  Ljungberg is a reject, Dyer is crocked and Bellamy, ask alan Shearer, he will not get more than 10goals a season regularly!They can have the money, and go on about it, but they appointed a manager who buys known gash!  They will get shown its not just about money, by their best player, Mark Noble.  Cost nothing, has heart and can play, the rest of the money they have thrown away!Davenport, on what planet is he 3mill?  and is already 5th choice centre back.  Upson 7.5mill????  as good as Curtis Davis, or Rozenhal at Newcastle, who cost a fraction?  Boa Morte, 5.75, for a 29 year old, who lost his place in the team he is so bad??  Bellamy 7.5, paying an extra 1.5mill even though Benitez realised he useless, Dyer - crocked 6mill??Andy Hammer, keep your sugar daddy, if anyone appoints a manager like Sven / Alladyce / Boothroyd they will save that money, West Hams own arrogance caused them to appoint a man, who has no idea what to do with money and wastes it.  He has made 2-3 good signings - Parker, Neill and maybe Faubert.

[quote user="biggleyellow"]£250000 would probably pay for a months wages for a club like ours. I know what you are saying is true but we live in different times now and any money we can get is a bonus.[/quote]

I hate to break it to you but it to you but it would pay for approximately one and a half weeks wages... rumour has it that hucks alone makes £80k a month fella... and our annual wage bill was a hell of a lot more than 3m!  try 9 million minimum.