Sign in to follow this  
Graham Humphrey

Re: King's Lynn 0, Norwich City 4

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]Drury goal was from 25 yards as well!!![/quote]

The one time he''ll score from that distance and he does it in a friendly, rather than in the last minute against Ipswich...

went to the game last night and it was very enjoyable. there were some good performances, especially from cave-brown, fotheringham, cureton and strihavka. then you had croft who was awful and doherty who was mediocre too.  the two front men look to be forming a useful partnership although the only criticism of strihavka i have is he needs to shoot more instead of trying to always set someone else up. he did have a goal disallowed and won a penalty, his movement off the ball was excellent along with curetons.  the best thing for me was thefact that city played the ball on the floor instead of hoofing it for the big man. brellier looked ok but was clearly lacking match practice, got injured in one tackle, but wasnt afraid to get stuck in which was a good sign.  overall it was a good performance, and before people say it was only kings lynn you can only beat whats in front of you, which city did.

Also went to game and agree with Baldyboy''s comments. Competent, professional performance without creating a huge number of chances. 4-0 flattered us as we scored 3 in last ten minutes when players were tired and lots of changes had been made.

Gallacher (1st half) and Lewis (2nd half) were largely spectators as I guess they will be for most of the season. Back four were competent in my view. Cave-Brown played right back for most of game - looked competent defensively and very positive going forward. Made one crucial challenge in second half - not sure about in the air though. In the second half Rossi Jarvis played right back when Cave-Brown went off having initially played holding midfield when he replaced Brellier after half-time. Not sure what this says about starting right back - presumably both are behind Hughes and Otsemobor?

Brellier and Fotheringham looked a workable combination to me. Fotheringham looked completely different from what I saw last season. Brellier looked rusty and gave the ball away twice in positions that could have cost us had we been playing a stronger team. I thought Croft was OK - looks to have lost some weight from last season. Ryan Jarvis did OK on left but presumably is behind Huckerby, Lappin and Eagle for that position. Cureton and Strihavka looked really good. Strihavka is tall and powerful, but very quick. Looks to pass the ball but also good aerially - nearly scored twice from corners. He won the penalty, made the Cureton goal and socred a disallowed goal that I thought was good.

Doc, Shacks, Drury, Fotheringham, Cureton and Strihavka all played 90 which pleasantly surprised me. All in all a very  enjoyable night.

I went last night i just wanted to say was it me or did a lot of players look like they have done a lot of strength work! thought Fozzy, Shackell and even Jarvis looked a lot stronger than before. I thought Jarvis looked confident on the ball, something i havent seen for a while. I thought cave-brown was short but did make a fantastic defensive header in the second half. First time i have seen him play and thought he looked brilliant. Anyone else notice Shackell get announced as captain but drury wore the arm band? thought shackell did a lot of shouting which was good to hear. Also thought The Striker looked really good on the ball and looked like he will be difficult to defend against.

[quote user="baldyboy"]went to the game last night and it was very enjoyable. there were some good performances, especially from cave-brown, fotheringham, cureton and strihavka. then you had croft who was awful and doherty who was mediocre too.  the two front men look to be forming a useful partnership although the only criticism of strihavka i have is he needs to shoot more instead of trying to always set someone else up. he did have a goal disallowed and won a penalty, his movement off the ball was excellent along with curetons.  the best thing for me was thefact that city played the ball on the floor instead of hoofing it for the big man. brellier looked ok but was clearly lacking match practice, got injured in one tackle, but wasnt afraid to get stuck in which was a good sign.  overall it was a good performance, and before people say it was only kings lynn you can only beat whats in front of you, which city did.[/quote]

Web team where is my post from last night?

Do I have to post everything twice on here???

Here goes again...

Baldyboy... Do people not say the same things about Chris Brown?  Nice touches but no end product!!! 

From what I have seen of Brown and Strihavka, the two are not really comparable. To me Strihavka seemed quicker and more mobile. I think he will connect play well and will make goals as well as score them.  

Was at the game so thought I''d post my thoughts for y''all. I was immediately imressed by one player who seemed to be running the show, I had missed his name in the announcements, as had my mates and we all kept asking "who is number 8?" until we realised it was Fotheringham. A big switch from say "where is number 33?" when we had Robinson, or Hughes, who like Fozzy is everywhere but doesn''t use the ball nearly as well. His delivery from corners was good also. On this evidence he''s definately come along over the summer. Next most impressive for me was the tricksy Cureton who wasn''t scared to run at a defender and turn players inside out, no surprise he got a brace, could have had a hatrick. Drury played well, as did Cave-Brown. Special mention also to Brellier, who dispite another poster commenting on him being ''rusty'' I thought still showed some class. Calm and effective, breaking up play, short simple passing but also demonstrated he can rake a ball cross-field or hoof it when needs be, effective stepping in and stealing the ball rather than clumsy challenges whilst also showing a pleasing gritty streak, sliding through a lynn players legs at one point and leaving him curled up on the deck.Oh and that nice man Hucks signed every autograph that was requested of him :)