Sign in to follow this  
KCASN

Youngsters

This is just a post about Norwich City''s youngsters. Last season I had bearly even heard about the likes of Chris Martin, Bally Smart, Kris Renton, Michael Spillane and Robert Eagle.But I think these guys need alo of credit. Martin came into the side with no 1st team caps under his belt and managed to score 5 goals when we were in alot of trouble. O.K this isn''t loads but his only what...18? 19? Thats impressive for someone who had alot of pressure on his shoulders. Bally Smart done well when he was called upon from the bench. Also did Eagle, and Renton. Now Michael Spillane, he really impressed me last season and would get my vote for most improved youngster. He played solid in defence and holding midfield. The match against Southampton, when he came on I was delighted for him. He played a stormer. Some of you may not appreciate this post, but do he rest you guys agree that our youngsters have helped us and themselves for next season and deserve the credit I''m giving them? What do you think?

OTBC!

I agree with all the points you have made, but would just like to add that now we have seen each of these lads play a few times, I would have no hesitation of putting them in the team when needed. So if you include these youngsters the squad now looks like it has much more depth which was much needed. Next season I would like to see youngsters such as Bexfield play a role in the league and cup game even if it is only 5 games, we need to keep giving the youngsters an opportunity if we are to find the next Martin.

I thought Chris Martin did well when he first game into the team and scored a few goals, he wasn''t afraid to have a go. But towards the end of the season I thought he became a bit lazy, regardless of whether he was being played out of position or not.

Was good to see that Spillane wasn''t afraid to get stuck in but I think he''s still got a bit of a way to go when it comes to actually using the ball.

Robert Eagle has got a decent enough left peg to swing a cross in but unfortunately he doesn''t offer much else. Too lightweight and no pace. Can''t see him making at this level.

I''d like to see a bit more of Renton because he''s a big sorta stocky lad and I wonder if he can give defenders a tough time.

At the moment I think that Martin needs to be kept on the fringes of the first choice team to build up his hunger and also because he''s not good enough yet to be relied upon.

As for the others I would think loans and the odd cup game are best for them, none of them are ready to be in the first team picture (regularly) yet and some never will be.