Sign in to follow this  
BES

Hucks and ?

Whos going to b playing along side Hucks 2morrow then..who would b your choice?
Roberts misses a lot! Svensson didnt impress me much on Sunday! but im going to go with Svensson as I think he a dark horse and needs to play more games to really find his goal scoring FOOT!

Gut feeling ? , Sven is an easy rider , by that I mean that if he`s committed he`s hiding it well !!

I''d like to see hucks and leon again but I''m not sure that would happen as it didn''t really work last time as they are too the same. Oh well.

r u doubting his ability? and r u saying he is not committed to Norwich?

i would say sven,he impressed me very much against west brom and certainly looked commited.the problem is that both of them seem inconsistent,but svensson really needs a good run in the team - iwan''s had his chance

probably gonna get told im clueless, but how about hucks on the left, mcveigh on the right, and sven and mckenzie up front? maybe not awesome, as it would out a lot of pressure on drury, but hes a player who probably could cope with it. would kinda end up being 3 up front, but might make the team less flat- cos i think they have been a bit lately....

Like the idea, certainly not clueless, but I personally beleive in playing your best players in their best positions, which means Hux up front. I think we need to stick with Svensson.

Like most target men he needs some decent ball to bring others into the game - last sunday he looked poor in the first half but he that was as a result of poor balls to him from midfield and the back 4 - mainly well over head height. In the second half they were mainly chest height or below which meant he could get the ball down and bring the midfield in. It was certainly not his best game for us but his fitness is returning.

Iwan is best for 20 mins at the end of the game if we must but if Sven can not last a full game yet I would then bring on Mackenzie instead of Iwan - Leon must be so hungry for more than a 5 minute cameo and his pace and power with Hux must be a worry for most defenders tiring at the end of a game..

I am certain todays front line will be the same as Sundays with the only change likely at left back if any.

OTBC

Sorry mouse but I absolutley guarentee that Hucks and Leon would not work. Yes we''ll have the pace, but we''ll have no height. For as long as I can remember now we have had to play with a target man as we knock it up to him and get him to hold it up. Remember Bradford at home? We were all licking our lips at the prospect of Hucks and Leon and it didn''t work at all.

Yeah, I know. I think that they are the two best strickers at the club even though they are unable to play together.

I agree with you. Leon and Hucks would not work, I have to feel sorry for him, I cant see him playing many games, unless Hucks or someone esle is injured, we need a big man up front with Hucks.

I mostly agree with you all the time dumbledelia, half the time I don''t even bother posting as it would just be "I agree" all the time but I don''t think we should write of a MckHux partnership. It was only 1 game against Bradford, the first time they had ever played together. It would just require the rest of the team to play the ball into feet, although whether our midfield can do that i''m not sure?

Totally agree to giving Svensson a good run in the team, he''s more than just a big bloke (well I think anyway only seen him twice!)

I see what your saying Saint. I don''t agree with our play some of the time. I''d much rather get away from our long ball up to the target man game. If we did, and played it on the floor to McHux partnership would be frightening. Perhaps another play maker in midfield or more cultured balls out from the defence could cure this?

DumbleDelia Is magic....So glad Leon came on maybe he should play!

Dont know! I live in Bedford so cant listen to radio. Do you think Hucks and Leon could be good together? or do we need to start with Svensson? If Hucks signed earlier do you think NW would have signed Leon. I go to most matches, and so looking forward to Crystal Palace.What will happen next week as Leon scored what will NW do? still think we need a big man up front with Hucks but then Leon is quick!

I''m absolutley convinced that just before Christmas Worthy had completely given up on Hucks. He knew Crouch was going back too. I''m sure therefore he bought Sven to replace Crouch and Leon to replace Hucks. I might be wrong but what would be the point otherwise? Leon has impressed in the 2nd Division and wanted a step up to the first or the Prem. Several clubs were interested and I don''t think he would have chosen us if he knew he would be playing second fiddle to Hucks and play as little as he has so far. I might be wrong here, but that''s how I read the situation. As to our front two I really don''t know. I''m still convinced that we need a front man or to change the way we play. Leon and Hucks COULD work, and if it did it would be brilliant. However, it could also be disasterous if we are playing it in the air and all that is happening is the oppostion are getting the ball and coming back at us. I honestly don''t know. But we''ve obviously got a talent in McKenzie and i think he''s wasted on the bench

Mckenzie is talented and I agree with you he is waisted on the bench, scored 2 against Ipswich and again today, and if NW pick him again who knows he could be scoring all the time, would you put three on, but then that didnt work did it? (Rotherham) do we go with Leon and Hucks two nimble strikers and rely on our defenders?

when i saw the team against west ham and west brom, they looked really flat and one dimensional. we were playing route one, scottish football, lol.
ive watched arsenal a few times lately, and granted we havent got their quality, but id like to think we could be their equivalent in the 1st div. they hardly ever play long balls, and pass it through teams, using pace.
if we had mckhuck upfront, we could do that. holt and francis are usually pretty safe with their passing, and considering NW always goes on about how good we are when we get the ball down and pass, how come we havent been doing it lately? if u keep it on the ground, its less likely to blow up in the teams face, as the long balls just seem to give possession away.
with the skillful players we have at the club, why not use them? id like to see hucks, mckenzie, mcveigh using their excellent ball control, and not being wasted on trying to deal with long balls etc. i dont know why the old norwich is coming back....

DD,
I agree with you 100% Worthy had given up on signing Hucks(didnt have my faith, ha ha ) and Crouch was on his way back so he bought Leon and Sven as replacements.To be honest I''m not convinced on either of them two and am hoping that when we go up we might see the return of Crouchy,he''s never going to be first choice in that Villa team and I bet he would return given the opportunity.Can''t see Leon and Hucks working and dont think Sven is good enough based on what I seen so far especially yesterday at Cardiff.