Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

As I stated all along... nothing has changed...

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

It just my opinion, and as likely to be right as yours. [;)]  [:D]  To be honest I care little whether anyone else shares my view or not and I post to share my view, not seek the approval, attention or adulation of others. 

Unlike many on here I, rather big headedly admittedly , I have a decent track record of being right more often than not. [H]

[/quote]

Fair enough... I post for similar reasons too and respect anybody that does likewise... 

I can''t agree with you on this one though... imo the Doc is AWFUL and largely to blame for many of City''s inept displays over the last couple of years.  [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

I can''t agree with you on this one though... imo the Doc is AWFUL and largely to blame for many of City''s inept displays over the last couple of years.  [:D]

[/quote]Really? No...... really? Doc''s no good? Sheesh.....

Smudger you don''t go to games,how can you comment on peoples performances,imo if you want to stir the S**T you should at least go to games so you know what the hell you are talking about!

[quote user="lobster catcher"]Smudger you don''t go to games,how can you comment on peoples performances,imo if you want to stir the S**T you should at least go to games so you know what the hell you are talking about![/quote]

Coz the Doc is just a c**p footballer LOBSTER... I have seen him play..

He was c**p two years ago, he will be c**p this year and he will be c**p in 5 years time... he is just a very poor footballer mate and no amount of time or training or anything else is going to change that... the same can be said of many others that have pulled on the great yella & green jersey''s in recent years... but none to the extent of this twerp!!!  [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="lobster catcher"]Smudger you don''t go to games,how can you comment on peoples performances,imo if you want to stir the S**T you should at least go to games so you know what the hell you are talking about![/quote]

He was c**p two years ago, he will be c**p this year and he will be c**p in 5 years time... he is just a very poor footballer mate and no amount of time or training or anything else is going to change that... the same can be said of many others that have pulled on the great yella & green jersey''s in recent years... but none to the extent of this twerp!!!  [:D]

[/quote]

Hey, don''t hold back on our account, just tell us what you think next time!Stick out tongue [:P]

Well as Doc outperformed Davenport in every game he partnered him and there are the likes of Stuart, Hughes, Robinson and Henderson to contend with I can assure you thats another thing you are clearly wrong on Smudge [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]If Grant can''t see already that we are short of at least 1 quality central defender , there is something wrong with him if he needs to assess what we have first...Even then, with buying one central defender, if that player or shacks gets injured, we are left with putting our faith in the oh so reliable Doc, or Dion who would not be able to sustain performances week in week out, or an untried youngster.[/quote]
I do agree that we need a new centre half, but surely your point about Dion is actually missing the point?

You state that even if we buy a new centre half, Dion can''t sustain performances, but surely if he''s only covering for injuries/suspensions he wouldn''t be doing it every single week of the season. If the new player missed 26 games, that would leave Dion playing 20, more than reasonable to expect he can manage that for the season.

The only time it would be a real worry would be if it was a long term injury such as broken leg, cruciates etc. But I''d also expect that if this occurred, Dion or one of the young players could cover until either a loan or signing was made to truly cover the spot.

We also have to consider that we''ve now got a far better keeper to organise the defence, the whole defence is likely to have more cover due to Brellier''s role, and assuming Chadwick is back from injury, he''s the perfect guy to play on the wing with Otsemobor as he covers really well and they could link up superbly.

Thoughts?
[/quote]

You seem to be kind of missing the point INDY...

Why oh why do we not have a new centre back in now???

This would allow the new individual to team up alongside Shacks or whoever and build up an understanding with them (that is crucial in the centre of defence) before the season gets under way.

I would of thought that any football fan/football manager would of been able to see that???

[/quote]

The fact that we have not yet signed a centre half is bordering on incompetence! The most glaring need in the team for the last 2 years has been a "leader" centre half. I can''t agree with the thought that the signings of Marshall nd Brellier will suddenly make Laurel & Hardy decent players - bearing in mind 2 seasons ago they had Green in goal and Safri infront of them!! We could have Cech & Makelelie playing and Doc would still have those "Burnley" games that crop up far too often.

For months everyone has said we need a centre back and I can''t see any logic in waiting - surely bedding in 7 new players as apposed to 6 isn''t going to make too much difference?

When you say that ''the likes of Smudger have basically been getting it right for the last two seasons'' you are talking about the same Smudger that confidently predicted we would get thumped by Tamworth, and repeatedly predicted our relegation last season, are you?

Of course that doesnt preclude him getting a future prediction right but so far his record is one of getting it spectacularily wrong. This is maybe not too surprising since he doesnt actually bother to watch the team he''s always posting about, nor does he normally seem to bother to engage his brain before posting.

[quote user="Smudger"]

imo the Doc is AWFUL and largely to blame for many of City''s inept displays over the last couple of years

the same can be said of many others that have pulled on the great yella & green jersey''s in recent years... but none to the extent of this twerp!!!  [:D]

[/quote]

IMO not factually correct,  considering that the same timespan includes such highlights as Hughes, Jarrett, Lisbie, Robinson, Henderson, Gallacher etc etc etc but also includes the much lauded Davenport who WAS outperformed by Doc in all the games they played together - and he did perform very well 2 seasons ago.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Careful Smudger, you are gonna become a hero on this board with posts like that!

Tottenham paid 1m for Doherty and he played 64 times for them before Jol and Arnesen sold him to us. He has played 34 times for his country. He was POS here in 2006. Grant has chosen to resign him, it was Grants choice to do it so he is no longer a player he inherited. You and others on here may not like it but, and to use a Smudgerism, those are the FACTS!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

He was POS here in 2006.

[/quote]Another of lifes mysteries....... just who the hell voted for him..... nobody I know. I remember the shock around the ground when it was announced

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Well as Doc outperformed Davenport in every game he partnered him and there are the likes of Stuart, Hughes, Robinson and Henderson to contend with I can assure you thats another thing you are clearly wrong on Smudge [;)][/quote]

Have I ever said that Davenport is any good ZLF???

He is clearly better than the Doc though isn''t he?  If the Doc was the best one in that particular partnership then why oh why has there been no Premiership interest in him???

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

He was POS here in 2006.

[/quote]

Another of lifes mysteries....... just who the hell voted for him..... nobody I know. I remember the shock around the ground when it was announced
[/quote]

As I have stated previously... the same people who voted for Craig Flemming in our promotion season I would suggest... lol  [:D]

Its funny that people suggest that what we need is a ball playing centre back and then suggest that out of the two Fleming was less of one of these than the magnificent Malky who was probably the poorest distributer of the ball in that line up.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

When you say that ''the likes of Smudger have basically been getting it right for the last two seasons'' you are talking about the same Smudger that confidently predicted we would get thumped by Tamworth, and repeatedly predicted our relegation last season, are you?

Of course that doesnt preclude him getting a future prediction right but so far his record is one of getting it spectacularily wrong. This is maybe not too surprising since he doesnt actually bother to watch the team he''s always posting about, nor does he normally seem to bother to engage his brain before posting.

[/quote]

ok so two of my most outlandish predictions that I would not of even backed 100% myself... predictions that were made so that if the results went against us there would of ben a reaction from the Wooly Flock!!!  [:D]

This is not such a prediction... I am clearly stating that we have not done enough to improve on a squad that finished 16th last season to create one that can challenge for the play-off''s and promotion this season while money still appears to of gone missing.

Marshall will undoubtedly improve the goals conceded column this season... players like the Doc and lack of cover for injuries, suspensions etc in front of him will clearly be a factor in holding us back from making a serious challenge for said play-off spot.

While I may of been a way out with the Tamworth & relegation posts... I was not a way out with the posts that we would struggle against Blackpool in the cup, make fools of ourselves at Stamford Bridge and that we would at any time challenge for the Play-off''s last season... but hey don''t let that unbalance your one sided view will you???

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

He was POS here in 2006.

[/quote]

Another of lifes mysteries....... just who the hell voted for him..... nobody I know. I remember the shock around the ground when it was announced
[/quote]

I didn''t vote for him! I have only voted for Iwan and Hucks for the last 10 years! I even voted for Iwan to be BBC Sports Personality Of  The Year one year! [;)] However, plenty must have unless we are beginning to unearth the mother of all conspiracy theories [H]

[quote user="Smudger"]Have I ever said that Davenport is any good ZLF???

He is clearly better than the Doc though isn''t he?  If the Doc was the best one in that particular partnership then why oh why has there been no Premiership interest in him???[/quote]

He''s clearly so much better that he''s hardly played in the last 3 years...

He''s played less Premiership games than Doc, and since signing for West Ham in Jan he''s played a massive 5 games...hardly seems to be impressing in the Prem with that record. His longest run of games since leaving Coventry was actually playing for us and that was 18 months ago!Don''t get me wrong, I''m not saying that I rate Doherty - I truly don''t, but I just don''t get what all the fuss is about Davenport.If we''re going to sign a new centre half they need to be proven quality, I''ve already suggested the likes of Michael Gravgaard should be targeted by the club, and surely players of his ilk would be far more beneficial than the unconvincing Davenport.

[quote user="Smudger"]

While I may of been a way out with the Tamworth & relegation posts... I was not a way out with the posts that we would struggle against Blackpool in the cup, make fools of ourselves at Stamford Bridge and that we would at any time challenge for the Play-off''s last season... but hey don''t let that unbalance your one sided view will you???

[/quote] So we beat Blackpool, who went on to gain promotion and start this season in the same league as us, why was that such a struggle? Against Chelsea we had our goalkeeper carried off, still gave them a game and only in the last couple of minutes did the scoreline look bad. How did we make fools of ourselves?You really are too up your own backside to admit you are wrong, when time and again your idiotic statements prove that you will post any drivel for the sake of it[<:o)]