Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Joy for Ipswich supporters as club splash the cash.

At long last Ipswich have given their supporters something to shout about as they have resigned Counago on a free.  Now that is what I call ambition with prudence.

Does rather hightlight the parlous state of affairs in Binland. They hung around for nigh on two months hoping that Blackburn would actually pay them to take Jeffers off their hands. Don''t be fooled by the guff about £500,000 bids. They were merely hoping to get him on the cheap.

If there was that kind of money floating around Poorman Road why haven''t they signed someone else for roughly the same fee. ?  Instead they''ve brought back the collapsing Spaniard. All very quick and convenient,. too quick methinks. A player they couldn''t wait to get rid of two years ago, a player who has scored 8 goals in the past two season. A player who it looks like is set to be their star striker.

But then this has been par for the course. Despite the binners self delusion, neither of their two keepers are really up to it. If they were there wouldn''t be talk of bringing in someone more experienced. And who was it ? More to the poiint how was it ?

Yet again another attempt at getting someone in on the cheap. Plug the monkey hadn''t really set the world ablaze recently and wasn''t wanted at Everton. Even with his local connections he wasn''t prepared to sign up for the pittance on offer.

So there it is. Sheepshanks grand plan for getting the binners back in the Premiership. Try to sign two injury prone has beens because they would be cheap. Well if the binners haven''t got money I suggest you make some .

Stick a few quid on them to be relegated whilst you can still get odds of 10/1

According to the BBC website they are also now on the verge of resigning Tommy Miller on another free.  What next, a return to action for John Wark or even my vote for the ugliest footballer of all time Eric Gates. 

...puts our position into perspective perhaps?

How on earth did PG manage to miss out on the signings of Pablo Counago and Tommy Miller? I am incensed, these 2 players will make a makor impact on this division. Sack the manager, sack the board! Town for top 6.

PS hopefully you have realised that this is a very sarcastic message! So sad how they''re getting excited about signing has-beens and never will be''s!

OTBC!