Sign in to follow this  
Le Juge

Worst Case Scenario

If Etuhu and Safri are both sold as many believe and we don''t get in any replacements (I think and hope we will) who would you play in central midfield?

I''m going to assume everyone will pick Brellier as the defensive midfielder (correct me if you believe otherwise) who would you have as his partner in central midfield?

Personally, I''d go for Lappin, I think he can provide a decent defensive cover to not isolate Brellier (who seems competant going forward too) and has a range of passing and think he could create quite a bit. Don''t get me wrong I don''t think it''s good enough to not buy any central midfielders and think they''re a must but assuming we don''t I think Lappin could do a decent job there - I think he''d be a better option than Fotheringham.

Any opinions?

I would expect an announcement from the club saying that any money raised will be put back into the team for replacements.  Whether we''ll be able to afford the wages of adequate replacements, given that we''re 7 million in revenue down on last season straight away, is a moot point.  It''s still early enough for the club to find players, and this eventuality will have been considered once it is known that a player wants to leave, a list of players drawn up etc.I wonder if Safris'' high wage demands are as a result of knowing that Etuhu was off ?  Maybe he''ll be happier to stay here in the knowledge that he will get priority with Brellier in the centre midfield positions ?

Well it appears to be Happening - Etuhu and Safri are off.

So whats that - Fotheringham (previously playing for a bottom of the league Scots team and a bottom of the league swiss team) alongside Brellier, with patently not good enough Spillane or Doherty alongside as cover...

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

So whats that - Fotheringham (previously playing for a bottom of the league Scots team and a bottom of the league swiss team) alongside Brellier, with patently not good enough Spillane or Doherty alongside as cover...

[/quote]

Agree with the Doc in the centre mid, birth, Disaster waiting happen

Fothringham - Jury out, but mighty concerned if he is a starter

Spillane - I rate him, but he has to be the challenger to Brellier

The centre defence and midfield has been a worry for quite some time now. The money has to be spent otherwise we will be bottom - mid table again.

After todays news, very very worried aboout our prosepects especially as the last two years have been so dire.

However I am trying to balance this out. Saf and Dickson have been a big part of the last two years. Thiugh I do rate both players.

Fotheringham and Patrick Bexfield are going to take us to the league title... C''mon!!!  [:D]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Theres no need to worry! We''ll be the championship version of Argentina in midfeild next year!

Safri and Brellier in for Mascherano and Cambiasso!

and we will have Hucks playin instead of Riquelme and Croft for Maxi rodriguez!

Chadwick has played as an attacking centre midfielder in the past and could compliment Brellier. Fotheringham is a light weight.

For me it''s much more about the squad. If we loose two regular first choice players the options available to Grant will be much reduced. We have to get in quality replacements, which is easier said than done. That, coupled with the likelyhood that the club will be looking to reduce the wage bill, makes me very gloomy all of a sudden.

I know there is plenty of time still to go but Grant must be pulling his hair out. Only last week he said he was happy to reflect for a while to see how his new squad fitted together and now its all up in the air and start agian.