Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Would Dickson be missed that much?

Regardless of if Etuhu goes or not, is he really that big a player for us?

In many regards he is the same as Safri- very inconsitant. Yes he shows signs of being a very good player, but unfortunatly, these signs are only visable far less often than is acceptable. His commitment to the cause when the going gets tough could also be questioned.

On the other hand, is it that he own inconsitancy is a result of the team''s inability to put a decent run together since the end of the premiership season?

£1.5/2 million might be good business, if we can find a good replacement, which, judging on signings so far this summer, is a real possibility. Your thoughts?

OTBC!

YES, a powerful box to box midfielder who can tackle, score goals and win aerial battles and more importantly a player seemed to have really settled in during the last couple of months of last season. I cannot think of a similar midfielder who would be available to replace him so YES he will be missed that much!!!

i would be gutted if he goes, we would need a top quality replacement for him, but even though he''s clearly going i hope he doesn''t really

[quote] I cannot think of a similar midfielder who would be available to replace him so YES he will be missed that much!!![/quote]Luckily, NCFC have people who can.  I''d like to see who we replace him with.  If we don''t replace him, or if we replace him poorly, then it''s time to pull out the siege cannon and demand the heads of everyone from Doris the Tea Lady up.  But it''s not that time yet.

[quote user="canarychris"]YES, a powerful box to box midfielder who can tackle, score goals and win aerial battle[/quote]

Yes I was at that game too. I was also at 30 odd other games where he did sod all except ponce around looking like he''d rather be somewhere else.

I for one don''t think that he would be a great loss

You only have to see his OPTA stats to see that he is one of the most important players for our team. I believe he was second in the list of City players.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]You only have to see his OPTA stats to see that he is one of the most important players for our team. I believe he was second in the list of City players.[/quote]

And doesn''t that say it all about the awful state of last years team!

Both Etuhu & Safri are passengers - drop ''em off at the next stop and pick up a couple of footballers who want to actually play for the club.

Yes definatly he is our best midfielder and anybody who doubts him will be able to see the difference after he has left

Market force dictate valuations , not supporter opinions.

1.5/2 million is obviously the going rate for a player of Dickson''s calibre (inconsistency, warts and all) and if we are to replace him with a player as good as him then we would have to spend the same and that aint going to happen. (never does!)

anyone seen any youtube highlights of players at Elgin City or top scorer in Lichtenstein ? Bet you can''t wait to get them into your lineups!