Sign in to follow this  
Ark

Jurgen Colin?

Anyone know what''s happened to Colin? Is he still on trial in Amsterdam? Are Ajax going to pay anything for him? Are they going to send us a left back and/or centre back in his place??(I find the idea of a player under contract at one club going for an extended trial at another very dubious indeed... We''ve now started pre-season and still no sign of a decision one way or another! What happens if they send him back to us?)

he is still our player either way Ark, if they send him back then he has a year left run on his contract, we might sell him, keep him whatever.

If Ajax want him they can either buy him now.. or try and get him on a bosman free.. when he has 6 months left on his contract he can agree to join them at the end of the season on a free. however this is risky business as someone could get in there quck and snap him up.

Still dont feel he did anything wrong to get dropped, still think he''s a quality player.. and i hope he gets another chance for us.

jas :)

The trial at Ajax is a bit odd, seeing as tho he is still contracted to Norwich City, surely any deal would be of a loan nature? It is pre season i suppose, and there''s obviously no official agreement either needed nor in place. He''s simply having a trial with a view to a permanent transfer.In which case, if i was messrs Grant and Duffy I would be looking into the possibility of some sort of swap deal for a centre back, providing Ajax have any that is.

Oh come on.....dubious? The guy''s hopeless, any chance to offload him has to be explored.....

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half"]Oh come on.....dubious? The guy''s hopeless, any chance to offload him has to be explored.....[/quote]Yeah... I was inclined to think that we let him go for a trial cos we were pretty much happy to offload on a free... HOWEVER... That really begs the question of why on earth Champions League-bound Ajax would consider him. I''m just confused! (And the longer he stays there on this "trial", the more likely it would seem to me that they''re actually keen on taking him)On the player-swap front... here are all of Ajax''s defenders and midfielders outside of the squad numbers 1-11 (I''ll assume they''ll be well out of the picture). Looks like they''ve got an embarrassment of riches in midfield...13     MF     Edgar Davids15     MF     Laurent Delorge17     MF     Jan Vertonghen18     MF     Gabri20     DF     George Ogăraru22     DF     Robbert Schilder24     MF     Mitchell Donald25     DF     Gregory van der Wiel26     MF     Jeffrey Sarpong27     MF     Vurnon Anita28     MF     Michael Krohn-Dehli29     MF     Olaf LindenberghI say we take Edgar Davids on trial... If he doesn''t make the grade we take back Colin =)

Ogararu and Gabri are both right wing backs, so either would be an interesting option, although the expected £10k+ a week wages would be a problem.If we were to get any of them, I''d be interested most in Sarpong, very natural passer of the ball with a good touch and vision, and isn''t afraid to get stuck in. Soon to be 20 years old so has plenty of time to develop, would be worth a punt as well if we sold Etuhu.Only problem is that Sarpong has previously been linked with Chelsea, so given the option of a move I can''t see us being first choice...

Colin is many, many times better than Hughes as a right-back. So what that he didn''t get forward enough? Hughes "gets forward", gives away the ball and exposes the defence. I think the real reason Grant (and Worthy before him) is anti Colin is something to do with his attitude in training. That''s fair enough, but if we only we only have Hughes as back-up at RB, we should keep Colin.

[quote user="Old Boy"]Colin is many, many times better than Hughes as a right-back. So what that he didn''t get forward enough? Hughes "gets forward", gives away the ball and exposes the defence. I think the real reason Grant (and Worthy before him) is anti Colin is something to do with his attitude in training. That''s fair enough, but if we only we only have Hughes as back-up at RB, we should keep Colin.
[/quote]

Colin couldn''t defender either. Not a good attribute for a defender.