Sign in to follow this  
armbands0

francis

How many more games before Francis is sussed, he gets in the way but has little or no control, has anyone told him.

I wasn''t at the game today so I don''t know how Francis played but from what I''ve seen you are talking absolute rubbish armbands. Francis has played really well this season. He can pass the ball, tackle strongly, take players on and he''s got a shot on him. He offers us so much more than any other midfielder who would want his place (Mulryne, Easton or Rivers). Him and Holty are strong in the centre. Lay off him.

I did watch the game today. He lacks the subtle pass, often taking too long to control the ball, today his efforts broke up many of our attacks. Yes he can tackle strongly but generally times it wrong and just gets in the way. He seems to be Worthy''s blue eyed boy, so will play again on Tuesday. I''ve seen just one decent shot from him but I agree with you our midfield needs to score more goals.
Replacement? got to be Mulryne but I don''t think he lasts a full 90 mins. N.W. needs to look for a loan midfielder.

why is everyone so quick to have a go at Francis...????

if "golden boy" mulryne was up to the task wouldnt he be in the team???

Francis is a box to box midfielder... the same as someone like Paul Ince..

the role of a box 2 box player isnt to pass the ball 60 yards down the flank to the toes of a winger... its too swicth the play.. which francis does...

box 2 box players swicth play from left to right with short snappy passes, usally win the ball in midfield and get forward and back at every possible oppurtinity...

Look in the premiership at the box to box players.. tell me how many of them are passers??? hwo many of them chip in with goals every week???? its not many..

Francis brings to the team what Holt and Mulryne simply do not. Holt doesnt score goals, and Mulryne has been very poor this season in my opinion, with perhaps Derby at home being the only possible exception.

anyone who saw Francis at the away games at Sheff united, Everton and the home games Vs Wimbledon, sunderland, Sheff utd will know that we have a quality player here, one who scores goals, gets forward and makes it difficult. for the opposition..

he also wins the ball in the air, holt and Mulryne do lack height and therefore we lose out in midfield.

Lay off Francis, perhaps if u tried getting behind him and supporting him instead of having ago at him then he might improve in ur eyes.

jas :)

Of course I didn''t see many Norwich games as you guys but mainly I was always relying on what the LIVE commentary gave me. Francis from Waller at the beginning of this season was nearly our "Buy of the season!" Damien didn''t look very impressive now at the start of the season but he can run, he can tackle, he can shoot, he can score and he can rob! You know he had to do what Phil Mulyrne did for us before.

I think Francis was a good player for our squad but every player should have highs and lows, maybe now it''s his low at the moment...he will excellent soon.

i was at the game and francis was slow not in the game,controll was not there.i would just lie to ask why svensson got taken off we were on top of cardiff brefore he went off?

Armbands, like you i saw the game yesterday, and like you i thought Francis was woefull. I think his last decent game for city was against Sheff Utd. The problem is he knows NW will not start with Mulryne, so why does he need to bother. As i have stated on here before on the day we lost to Bradford i saw Francis leaving the ground laughing and joking and whilst it is up to him how he behaves, When City get beat i am depressed and certainly not laughing and joking. (just ask Mrs irishcanary after last night). Maybe it means more to me then it does to him.

As I have said on another post somewhere, Francis reminds me a lot of Kenton before 2001/2002 season. Brilliant in flashes, then just disappears out of the game and looks disinterested.

But I believe Worthy can get the best out of him, just like he did with Kenton.

Point taken, if his passes were, short and snappy, yesterday they were too short and too sloppy, once he''d even got control on the ball. Francis''s positioning was good and Holt came agonisingly close to scoring.
Francis''s biggest asset yesterday was looking the part, getting to the edge of the box he looked dangerous. One chance he had, I think it was the first half, his one touch control let him down badly and instead of getting around the keeper and scoring, which was a possibility, the ball went for a goal kick.
Quality player or inconsistant average player? I critisied the Spice Girls, it didn''t stop them having success. I feel he thinks he does enough, to get to P word requires more, can you not see that. N.W. should have him practising his one touch control.
As for getting behind him, it''s certainly been safer in front of him.

i was at ninian park too (and have woken up today with blocked sinuses and a sore throat- thanks for the great weather!)- in my opinion Francis *did* have one of his weaker games, he didn''t seem to have any real grip on himself, let alone anything around him. but the comment about him being our Paul Ince was spot on. and for the most part, he has proved himself to be a fantastic signing. maybe worthy needs to just mix it up a bit- Mullers to start a few games instead of Francis, with Francis coming on with fresh legs with say, 30mins to go. another thing that really stood out yesterday- MiniMac is anonymous on the right, and i know it wouldn''t be the first time this has been noticed. but it wasn''t long ago that every time McVeigh got the ball, you''d be expecting something to happen- and it seems to me a large part of our attacking dimension has gone flat. it''s not McVeigh''s fault, this is largely to accomodate Hucks and Brennan. i''m just starting to wonder if either McVeigh should either be rested, or should even be tried in a Paul Scholes kind of role. whatever, it worries me a bit how quiet the little menace has been of late.
and also, Svensson- am i the only person who thinks he''s not all that? apart from that finish against forest, he''s done absolutely nothing to impress me. maybe i''m being a bit harsh, but a return of 1 goal and a load of conceded freekicks in what- 15 games (?) doesn''t seem like a particuarly top-of-the-league return.
admittedly, he''s hardly Dean Coney, but still...

these are my sunday morning thoughts which don''t involve how unwell i feel. thank you.

I was at the game yesterday and thought Francis was very poor,definately wouldn''t play him On Tuesday night and thats my opinion!

Every player can have a bad game, I don''t think that one "off game" means
you drop a key player. Francis was great against the scum. I think NW will
change thinks on Tuesday but some players are crucial. Its the usual
story on here when we lose a game - knee jerk reaction and drop somebody!
I agree with Neil Adams post match phone-in when he said Norwich are a strong team
and with hindsight we would have settled for 2 losses in the last 17 games. NW is doing
the right think my playing one game at a time. Its like ski-ing down a mountain
you take one turn at a time and you don''t look down to see how high you are!

I agree that we should not drop players for a one off poor game - however as was mentioned earlier it is now over a month since Francis last had a decent game (the baldes) and he HAS looked disinterested as Mook rightly puts it ever since. As suc I agree with City Angel that it is time for him to have a ''rest'' and let Mullers have a run out (even if he too has looked poor recently) perhaps that will help Francis re find his interest..

Francis with interest is a match winner - however that version of Francis has currently gone AWOL

OTBC

I think I can say without hyperbole that Francis could be the first division''s Patrick Viera, but at times he really isn''t interested. At the start of the season he was awsome, I remember the game against Sheffield United away, he was our only player in the game. Worthy gave Mullers a bit of a run at the start of the year, but Francis came back with gusto, only for it to peter out. In the first half against the scum he was appalling, he really couldn''t be bothered to make a tackle. He improved in the 2nd half and played quite well.

When he''s got it on him he is superb, box to box, tackling hard, spraying balls out to the wings, getting into the box when Roberts is knackered etc. When he is not interested he can be useless, simply making up the numbers.