Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

NEW Midfielder to replace Etuhu ...

Etuhu will go, if he hasn''t gone already by the time you read this post.

Ok lets forget about Etuhu and try to replace him. No point moaning about the past.

1. He must be a proven midfielder and cost around 2 million? Any thing like a 400k rejest would not go lightly with the fans or HUCKS!!

2. I think he should come from a relegated side or a play-off contender. Why Not! They seem to want our players like Safri (West Brom).

What makes West brom think they are that much better than us?

3.  Grant should not wait until the start of the season b4 purchasing or until Januray when its too late. He MUST BUY NOW and give the new guys some freindlys to prepare.

ANY NAMES ...... well I don''t have a clue, BUT there must be somebody out there, we need to be bold and just go for the deal, pay the extra wages with the transfer money and go for promotion.

Cheers All - roll on the new season!!!!

Someone has already suggested Hendrie which is a good call, i''ve always liked Kris Commons at Forest. He can find the net. When''s the last time we had a regular goal scoring threat from central midfield? We haven''t ever replaced Francis in that respect. Fact is, Etuhu and Safs have never been serious goal threats. I''d swap THAT 1 Newcastle goal for all the close range headers and tap ins that Francis used to get.

1st on my list would be Lee Hendrie - rumours are that he''s going to Middlesborough and Smudge & Foxile say his playing for Leicester next season is more or less a done deal, but as yet, nothing has been confirmed.

So Grant should get on the blower with a realistic offer for Hendrie''s services - surely we can match if not better what Stoke were paying him with the monies saved & received for Etuhu & Safri?

Add to Hendrie''s invaluble experience a loan signing for a talented & hungry young midfielder from the Premier and the "losses" of Etuhu & Safri will soon become gains.

David Norris, I know worthy liked him but that doesn''t make him bad. Also David Livermore could do a job and he''s only about 27. 

I''ve heard Sunderland have negotiated a relase fee in Etuhu''s contract for £1.5million so lets get him, we can easily afford him!

Found this on Wiki although probably old news:

In July 2007, Bowyer was linked with a move to ambitious English Championship side Norwich City. Bowyer is interested in picking up his life and career out of the spotlight and London and sees the Canaries as the ideal opportunity to do so. His relationship with present Norwich manager and ex-West Ham coach, Peter Grant is believed to be behind his interest in Norwich''s bid, thought to be in the region of £2.5 million. The London Evening Standard reported on June 29 that Bowyer would be in talks with Norwich on July 3rd or 4th.

[quote user="a1canary"]Someone has already suggested Hendrie which is a good call, i''ve always liked Kris Commons at Forest. He can find the net. When''s the last time we had a regular goal scoring threat from central midfield? We haven''t ever replaced Francis in that respect. Fact is, Etuhu and Safs have never been serious goal threats. I''d swap THAT 1 Newcastle goal for all the close range headers and tap ins that Francis used to get. [/quote]agree we''ve never replaced francis.  a box to box goalscoring midfielder is a must addition to the city squad - dicko flattered to deceive and never looked capable of doing that role to the standard required to win up promotion.  if brellier and a new partner arrives that can actually dominate the centre of the park - by definition we''d be 100% better off than a dicko/safs combo.  too weak in midfield and too sloppy in defence has blighted our performances since gaining promotion. 

Lee Bowyer would be awesome if we could get him, even if he is an A class tw@t off the pitch! He''d score loads in the Championship!

I''d be quite interested in Hendrie and Norris but a few other names....

Wes Hoolahan - Complication has held up his move to Blackpool, can we hijack it?

Karl Duguid - Col U captain, Cureton must know him well, 28, experienced and creative

Darrell Russell - Stoke don''t look to be making much progress this summer, not sure whether he''s particularly attacking though.

Another name I stumbled across was Lee Frecklington at Lincoln, was in League 2 team of the year, 22, scores goals, play''s centre-mid, highly rated and used to play for our academy. Anyone ever seen him play, sounds interesting?