Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Keith Briggs

who reckons he''ll be off in may???

a crying shame if u ask me...

we signed a player who had just won player of the year for stockport, and had a pretty good track record, only to dump him in the reserves and pay his wages for doing nothing.

there is a burning issue to address the right wing, people saying we should spend money, or get someone in on loan.. Briggsy played on the wing for Stockport as well as at full back, he must be dying for a chance to impress, if i was Worthy i''d take the plunge.. go with him..

makes sense to give him a chance instead of paying him to kick his heels at Colney

jas :)

Crikey there''s a name we don''t hear very often! It wouldn''t suprise me if we hang on to Briggs. I still think Worthy considers him one "for the future". We haven''t seen much of him this year because Steady Eddie has been magnificent. I''d still like to have another look at him, although I''m sure Worthy knows what he''s doing

As worthy seems intent on playing Drury and Brennan on the left then perhaps he could play Edworthy and Briggs on the right. On the left you have two players who can defend and push forward and there is no reason why the pairing on the right couldn''t do the same thing. The only problem of course is where do you play the likes of McVeigh, Mulryne and Henderson.

Briggs has had a rough deal, he came in right at the end of the last season and did OK, and with Steeno and kenton having left and being involved in all the pre - season games, he then played the first half against Bradford before being replaced by the newly signed edworthy. that is enough to dent the will and confidence, and actually a rather poor bit of man - management by Worthy, who is usually good in that department. Mcveigh does not play well on the right, Hendo is OK in patches and Mulryne needs a size 10 to get him moving. One thing one can guarantee with Briggs (I have seen him in action prior to his move) is a bit of dynamism and 100% - time to give him a chance!

I recall when Briggs first sign for us, his resume was versatile at the back and yes you are right, player of the reason for Stockport when they relegated to the 2nd division. When you look at this season he didn''t have much chance to play in the first team, I think he even played more reserve football than Clint Easton or he was a reserve regulars.

We signed Briggs so if we let him go we won''t lose too much money from him, but he was young, he didn''t have chance to show what he can do, he should deserve a chance, not only in reserves. I think he can one of the back-up to the team in the central defence too.

I can''t understand why Briggs has been left out in the cold. He''s my candidate for this season''s Heckingbottom, i.e. bought for a small amount, kept for a season and then released to resume his career. I sincerely hope I''m wrong but NW just doesn''t seem to rate him enough to give him a chance.

You were absolutely right and reminded us about Paul Heckingbottom, I thought he had a storming start of the career liked another former player David Nielsen, he was even had more first team chance than Chris Llewellyn on left wing, as a cover of Paul McVeigh; for some reasons he was left out perhaps after played a few bad games, include the 1-1 draw with Ipswich at Portman Road, but certainly Briggs was more unlucky, he didn''t put many feet wrong in the first team, but maybe in training, we never know! I still think he can do a job for us in the first team level.