Sign in to follow this  
ca

Hucks sounds pissed off

Just listened to his interview on Radio Norfolk where he confirms that Etuhu is off and Safri could be gone too. He says that Grant has worked hard to bring new players in but says he''s upset that we have to keep losing good players, mentioning Ashton, Earnie and now these two. He wants to be part of a winning team and to achieve that he feels you have to keep the best players.

Oh well have a listen and see what you think but he sounds well pissed off to me.[:(]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/content/articles/2007/06/30/norwichcity_audio_archive_0708_feature.shtml

Oh God!!!!

Is this the start of some cracks appearing? I hope not.

Huckerby stated he was concerned that Norwch City were selling their best players, with rumours of Etuhu and Safri on there way.

I didn''t get all of the interview but it was one of those moments when you think, "oh god grant and the board are going to love hucks for saying that"

IMO: - Is losing Etuhu and Safri a major problem?

YES: - Etuhu can be the best midfielder in the championship (on his day), with his hieght and power he is a major player.
YES - Safris passing and tackles are second to none in in league, with his long range power shots he is also a good midfielder.

BUT .....

NO: - Etuhu had 5 or 6 good games last year, with many games people moaning about his commitment and disire for NCFC. He may be fit but at times it seems that he''d rather be on his sofer watching the game rather than playing it.
NO: - Safri is injury prone, out for part of the season in Africa, not always been part of Grants plans and hasn''t had a great shot on goal for ages.

So would it be so bad to lose these players? We have often complained about our poor midfield that doesn''t link up with the forwards. If this is the case then unless we change the team we will be the same as last season.

As far as I''m consired, if they do go then lets get some good money for them and replace them with some more talent, maybe, just maybe we might be better off.

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS ..... who do we replace them with?

Cheers All

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

Oh God!!!!

Is this the start of some cracks appearing? I hope not.

Huckerby stated he was concerned that Norwch City were selling their best players, with rumours of Etuhu and Safri on there way.

I didn''t get all of the interview but it was one of those moments when you think, "oh god grant and the board are going to love hucks for saying that"

IMO: - Is losing Etuhu and Safri a major problem?

YES: - Etuhu can be the best midfielder in the championship (on his day), with his hieght and power he is a major player.
YES - Safris passing and tackles are second to none in in league, with his long range power shots he is also a good midfielder.

BUT .....

NO: - Etuhu had 5 or 6 good games last year, with many games people moaning about his commitment and disire for NCFC. He may be fit but at times it seems that he''d rather be on his sofer watching the game rather than playing it.
NO: - Safri is injury prone, out for part of the season in Africa, not always been part of Grants plans and hasn''t had a great shot on goal for ages.

So would it be so bad to lose these players? We have often complained about our poor midfield that doesn''t link up with the forwards. If this is the case then unless we change the team we will be the same as last season.

As far as I''m consired, if they do go then lets get some good money for them and replace them with some more talent, maybe, just maybe we might be better off.

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS ..... who do we replace them with?

Cheers All

[/quote]

Cracks have been obvious for some time now, to those without rose coloured glasses.

Ah ****, i''m gonna be well gutted when etuhu leaves. Our team is gonna be so unstable next year.

I.E 1st XI last year would have gallacher in goal, colin rightback, drury left, shacks and the doc in the middle, Croft and Hucks on the wings, Etuhu and safri in the middle and Dublin and Earnshaw up top

Out of them, only drury, shackell, croft and hucks will be in the first XI this season by the looks of things, with Dublin and Doherty still likely to be kicking about.

I fear we won''t replace Etuhu very well and be stuck with the unprove fozzy in the middle, where he could be either good or bad.

We get Ben Watson in, and he should perform.

Still don''t get why we are selling Etuhu and most of all, Safri, Etuhu is getting a premiership chance, so fair enough but with etuhu on his way, why is safri going? Stick him in with Brellier and play like the argentines do with cambiasso and mascherano, with 2 attacking wingers to compensate, Chadders and Croft will have to add to the scoring charts tho for this to work.

Get a decent centre back in, and maybe some cover in defence and midfeild, and we''ll be fine without Etuhu, but not without both of them!

Plus Safri will be at the african nations... so we need someone there more than capable of partnering Brellier.

For all the good signings tho, they still need time to gel, and i fear we''ll be a very disorganised team

Hucks can sound as pissed off as he likes, he will not be as pissed off as me if we let our 2 best midfielders leave. Hucks gets paid £10k per week (or something like that) to turn up and play football, i''ve paid good money to go and watch this team play - think i have good reason to be more pissed off.

Immediate, proven replacements need to be signed or the ambition of this board will start to become clear (and i may have to join Smudger on his protest). 

and so he has every right to be fed up CA... continually having any decent players at the club sold off from around him while meer cheap alternatives are brought in an attempt to paper over the cracks.

As for saying cracks only just start to be appearing, what a laugh... their have been gaping chasm''s in the team for at least two years now.

Quite frankly any player with an ounce of ambition would be fed up playing for Norwich under the way the club is currently run.

These players find themselves in a no-win situation!!!

[quote user="ricky knight"]

So Hucks has the same reservations as some of us  club lack ambition  merchants, perhaps he should go to the binners also.

[/quote]

hehehe yeah go on Hucks... even then I doub''t that many of the Wooly Flock would be up in arms Ricky!!!

You can''t help but laugh can you mate?  Coz if you didn''t then you would sure as well cry [:''(]

The rest of the footballing public in the UK is laughing at us so we may as well join them hey???

If hucks is pissed off that means trouble! If grant thinks he can rebuild a team at short notice, especially with second raters from scotland, hes in for a big shock! I dont rate him, He blames everyone bar himself, didnt want him to have the job anyway, wanted Ian Crook and Mark Bowen, then we would see some genuine good football! Give him till october.

Well lets hope we get some decent replacements in if it turns out to be true. I can understand why Hucks is so fed up, and as I have posted before there is a lot in the suggestion that the influx of decent signings does a lot to boost the morale of the players already at the club as it signals that rudest of words......AMBITION!!, and what player would not want to be playing for a club with......AMBITION!!??

I cant blame him...i feel the same! But £1.5m is good money for Etuhu providing we have a contingency in place.

I wonder......will this play in part in Huck''s future? Will he want to prolong his career here?

[quote user="Smudger"]

As for saying cracks only just start to be appearing, what a laugh... their have been gaping chasm''s in the team for at least two years now.

[/quote]

I didn''t mean cracks in the team, I know that their are gaps because of where we finished in the league, I meant cracks in the disaplin of Grant and his squad (keeping things in order, not speaking out of turn, losing the changing room etc ...).

Come on Smudger, even you must want us to do well!

Cheers

Did you hear what he said?

No more excuses please. Even the players can see what is happening.

Delia, you need to act quickly or this season will be a disaster.

Unbelievable. All last season people slagged off desmond for being lazy and ineffective(rightly so). Now everyones up in arms the lazy b***** is offCherrio Dessie, thanks for the profit.

I have got to admit this pending loss of Safri and Etuhu is pissing me off as well.

It seems as if whenever another club asks about one of our players and waves a few quid in the boards faces, we roll over on our backs and let them tickle our feathery belllies.

WBA probably made a enquiry about Safri and lo and behold, we seem to have let them right in, ditto Sunderland with Etuhu. Is the club capable of saying "...sorry, but he is under contract and not for sale..." Come to think of it, can we not also say that to their fucking agents as well if they are sticking their noses in it as well?

I''ve tried hard to support them over the last few months but this makes me wonder if its worth it-PG was supposed to be building a team, he has said he wants to build a team, we were told after the Turners came in that we DIDN''T NEED TO SELL ANYONE THIS SUMMER, now then, why the fuck have we sold one, two, possible three core first team players since then if WE DIDN''T NEED TO SELL ANYONE?

Tell the players they are under contract and not moving (accept Earnshaw was different); tell the agents that, tell the other clubs!

What next, Tottenham offer £750''000 for Chris Martin, Celtic half a million for Hucks, Preston ask about Spillane, will that all end up with them "having talks" with those clubs?

I thought when Brellier came in it meant that there was going to be some competition in central midfield this season, rather than either players having their place week in, week out, or players who are not good enough (Hughes) or not good enough and being played out of position (Doherty) having to "fill in"? Looks like it.

Yes, Safri and Etuhu have had their criticisms and we can list the negatives against their names from a fans perspective but one of them was never that they were bad players-oh no, indeed, we seem very keen on keeping our quota of those by all accounts! Roy Keane obviously knows a good fellow midfielder when he sees one, so wouldn''t it have been worth keeping Etuhu for another season, I think so, ditto Safri-he has constantly said he loves it here, doesn''t and hasn''t wanted to move, we have been told that we don''t need to sell (sorry, but that statement now ranks, for me, alongside Chases "...if Chris Sutton isn''t here at the beginning of next season, then neither will I..." for rank crassness) so why the hell are we selling????

People on this board have questioned the clubs ambition. I have tried to temper their claims but I don''t know, if all of this comes about, especially as I cannot see us doing very much to get a quality replacement in or two, I might very easily see where they are coming from...

Its almost as if we have got all of these six players in, then, pure spin, the excitement of that can temper any pending losses...

Brellier and Etuhu was an exciting prospect. Brellier and Hughes leaves me cold.

Hucks is obviously ****ed of about the pending departures. I don''t mind Saf leaving as you only get half a season out of him & the same could be argued about Etuhu so decent replacements would strengthen our team & make it better than it is with them here. I''m more gutted that we wont be able to sing Morrocon all over the world than anything else!!

Nah, it''s just an anti-boardster, and supreme hater of everything that''s NCFC, who''s just a mischievous closet binner type and Hucklebury soundy an'' lookey likey impersonater....Everything is emphatically OK at Carra, and everyone is happier than a pig in sh*t and chomping on the bit to get things rollin'' - in preparation for our organised assault on the Chumpionship........Anyone who thinks otherwise - or to the contrary, is just an anti-boardster, and hater of everything that''s NCFC and is just a mischievous closet binner type - who''s gullible an'' believes everything a ranting rogue of a Hucklebury soundy an'' lookey likey impersonator.....sez.

Get real folks.......it wasn''t really him on Radio Snorefolk and on Anglia Nudes......He''d never bite the hand that feeds, sporting a fake tan, false tribal tattoo - and his hair didn''t look right.......I can''t believe that ''Angel'' fell for this ''proper- gander'' and mischievous falsey footballin'' fraudster from Suffark and she''s his number one fan! She has all his waste toenail clippings and has purloined polythene bags of his shorn hairy locks from Toni an'' Guy....(allegedly). I''d have certainly thought she''d have sussed him out! I''m disappointed in her causing all this unnecessary kerfuffle.

signed,

Nearly Doncaster MBA, BAM, AMB, BMA, and all round ''good egg'' and most excellent NCFC Cheese Executive - and supreme suppressor of Queen Delia''s oppressors![8-|]

Don''t believe what you see and hear......I don''t, (even when I say it)......

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half"]Unbelievable. All last season people slagged off desmond for being lazy and ineffective(rightly so). Now everyones up in arms the lazy b***** is off

Cherrio Dessie, thanks for the profit.
[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

Hux is speaking out of turn. Who does he think he is? Roy Keane? Keep your mouth shut and our boots on. Saf and Etuhu for a combined fee of what is alledged to be around £3.5m. YES PLEASE!!!! Two of the most inconsistant players to wear yellow and green imo.Grant is finally shipping out all Worthington''s expensive dead wood and rot. I for one applaud him for it. Lets get in some expensive hungry talent. We need to cash in before we do that so hold fire before slaggin the board off for lack of ambition. There is still a over a month left of the transfer window. Plus we all know from the Ashton saga that keeping players at the club who don''t wanna be here messed us up before both mentally and on the pitch. I want to see Grant''s team next season playing in his mould not a make shift Grant/Worthington collaboration. Any excuse guys really. As for us being a laughing stock of England - Well - It seems some people have a hightened sense of self importance. We don''t need to guess twice who they are now do we?

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half"]Unbelievable. All last season people slagged off desmond for being lazy and ineffective(rightly so). Now everyones up in arms the lazy b***** is off

[/quote]

[/quote]

If Huckerby doesn''t like it he knows where the door is. Great player going forward, but we play with 10 men when we lose possession.Cheerio Hucks, let the new era truly begin....

[quote user="ricardo"]

Even the players can see what is happening.

Delia, you need to act quickly or this season will be a disaster.

[/quote]

What do you mean ''even'' the players. they''re the first to suss things out not the last.

Whats this got to do with Delia? Its a board decision.... She''s not the board