Sign in to follow this  
ronbol ronbol

smudger i am with you all the way........

Up until now i have been always backed the board (well almost always) but the last few weeks have finally shown you lot up for what you are.MUGS! with no leadership , no ambition, or any business sense whatsoever.you are now asset stripping our club having now sold all our top players. Smudger wants protests against board and I am 100% behind him. bring on the new season so that we can finally show our disgust at the board..............

[quote]Up until now i have been always backed the board (well almost always)

but the last few weeks have finally shown you lot up for what you are.[/quote]So that wasn''t you with the one-man-band "Grant Out" protest avatar then ?  Funny way of supporting the board, calling for the resignation of the manager they chose within 3 months of him taking the job.

It is a fact of life, not the board''s fault. We are NOT a big club and richer clubs have always taken our better players.  For players it is a job and if they have any hunger and ambition at all they will follow the money and the higher standard of football.

The only way to stop it happening is to make sure we sign rubbish players who the better teams won''t want.

But then I suppose you''d moan about the board if they did that too.

How about you suggest something realistic that the board could do that they are not?

So ronbol what would you do if you were in charge of the board and Granty wanted x player but the only way to get him was agreeing to a release clause say no to every player that demands one ,at the end of the day if a player believes he has the potential to play to premiership standards he does not want to be tied down to a club that does not look like gaining promotion he will want out sad fact of todays football and so in effect both partys are taking a gamble but at least we have taken a gamble if we had won promotion both earnie and dickson would have stayed and no one would have been the wiser. I take my hat of to the board and club for taking the gamble on the players in the first place instead of not bothering at all we have not lost money on these players and they could have gained us promotion i have no problem with it thats how football is run now get used to it .

[quote user="mr carra"]

The only way to stop it happening is to make sure we sign rubbish players who the better teams won''t want.

[/quote]

Robisnon, thorne, Etuhu, Gallagher, MLJ, Brown, Brennan, Charlton... the list could go on.

jas :)

i have to say i does look as if smudger is right after all if the squad stays as it is i will be 100 percent behind the protest as i dont beleive doomcaster or delia are very buisness minded and i failo to see the ambition in buying and then selling are best players.Its as if smudger new this was going to happen all along

Ronbol, you are more than welcome to join your friend Smudger, feel free, just don''t be too harsh on us more realistic fans.

It seems to me that so many people expect miracles, look at a majority of the other clubs out there, they buy and sell players, they play average football, they fail to win anything, just like us. It has always been the same, but every now and then we might have a good year, following which we expect more of the same, it won''t happen. This is all part of the football supporters soap opera, live with it.

if you want more success follow Man U or chelsea.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="mr carra"]

[/quote]

Robisnon, thorne, Etuhu, Gallagher, MLJ, Brown, Brennan, Charlton... the list could go on.

jas :)

[/quote]and we got 1.5 million for Etuhu! that is great business by your standards then [:)] . Althought I disagree with Brown in there, we can''t be sure of his ability after only 6 games.

[quote user="Marty"]

Ronbol, you are more than welcome to join your friend Smudger, feel free, just don''t be too harsh on us more realistic fans.

It seems to me that so many people expect miracles, look at a majority of the other clubs out there, they buy and sell players, they play average football, they fail to win anything, just like us. It has always been the same, but every now and then we might have a good year, following which we expect more of the same, it won''t happen. This is all part of the football supporters soap opera, live with it.

[/quote]Well said Marty, ( any chance you enlight this board with a couple of new signings... (new avatar on the way maybe))

same old answer go support man utd, chelsea etc, when will you realise we are city fans and want success with our team, just because we dont kiss Delia''s butt or believe the BS we are spun time and again dont mean our passion for NCFC is not the same as any of you, everything is great brigade. I keep saying time will decide who is right or wrong but things aint looking good, its not about who is leaving its how thats a concern and who will replace them, i have a nasty feeling the Hucks situation could develope yet. The squad we have is not good enough imo, sorry if that annoys you all.

I for one dont expect miracles but having spent many thousands of pounds supporting my local team rather than more so called fashionable clubs and over 40 years of support at that, do I not deserve like most supporters a board that demonstrates Desire,Courage, Passion, Pride, Ambition and the foresight to manage our club.

I do not accept that the only clubs who can have success are Man U or Chelsea. Any club can as long as they have the desire to succeed. I think that our board have shot their bolt, I think that this boards ambition is mediocrity because they are comfortable there.

Look back at previous posts and I have taken people to task for making things up and making wild statements and acusations but when one of our own players feels it necessary to make his feelings known then there is something wrong and the club itself the board, the management and the players are not united.

So if you like the board are happy with mediocrity than thats your choice and possibly when numbers go down and you are as arrogant as the board if you believe there will always be someone to take the place of every supporter that decides to leave. If thats thier belife and your belife then it wont be long before you are suffering league one mediocrity. 

I was seriously pissed off yesterday regarding the sale of Etuhu, but have calmed down a bit today!

As someone says earlier in the thread, smaller clubs are the feeding grounds for the bigger clubs-thats how it is in football. Those clubs can offer higher wages, a higher level of football, a bigger profile in the game-with Dickson in mind, what would the point of the board saying "..you''re not going..."-what if one of us wanted to leave our job for a better one with more £££ and our employer said  "no, you can''t go"- I''d be seriously pissed off and totally unmotivated from then on, wouldn''t a footballer be the same-keeping someone who clearly wants away shows ambition does it, mmm, think not, shows weakness-if they want out, get them out,we want players here who want to play for Norwich, not someone going through the motions, dreaming of his missed Premiership move.

People are complaining that the club is ran as a business, well, ahem, excuse me, but thats actually what it is & to regard it as anything else would be folly. If you want to support a football club thats ran as a thing of joy and for the football only, go watch your village team!

I can see why people are going to rally to Smudger et al''s flag now & all power to them, as I have said countless times, I am not going to get into a slanging match, thats their right-and I do respect Smudger for his honesty and passion as regards the club. But I will stand back and see the status quo maintained for now, albeit with some hope that we will attempt to balance the loss of Dickson by genuinely competing and getting in a quality replacement - a realistic one- for him. 

To not do so would be a mistake, I hope the club realise that.

What more will it take to make some people realize that we cannot progress any further with this board

I suppose you ''realistic fans'' are happy for a mid to low table finish then because that is where we ''realistically'' deserve to finis. No with the fan base we have got and the funds we supposedly have then we should be pushing for promotion not getting rid of our best players. Etuhu shouldn''t have had a sell on clause because he was coming from Preston reserves he wanted out simple as, same with Earnie he would do anything to get out of WBA so spouting rubbish saying they wouldn''t sign is bull

[quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

The difference nowadays is that some people seem happy to roll over and accept it.  If we''d done that in the past we''d never have got out of Div 3 South in 1960 or the old Second Division in 1972.  Money is not everything, and in any case we have more of it than most clubs in this division.

And it depends what you mean by success.  For Norwich City in 2007/8, success would be finishing in the top six, not winning the Champions League.  There''s a fine line between realism and defeatism.

[quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]I do question the wisdom of the buy out clause in Etuhu''s case. But when we bought him for 400k, after most people on here didn''t even want him after his initial loan, you wouldn''t have been too worried about the possibility of a premier league club coming a knocking with £1.5m, both in terms of likelihood or the potential if it happened to nearly quadruple our investment in him. Fast forward nearly two years and PG has helped him start to realise his potential, made him a kingpin on our midfield, and increased his value to maybe £2m+. Suddenly, the whole scenario looks like madness and the board should have been able to see all this coming (eventhough few people wanted anything to do with him when we signed him).As for your post Marty, rarely has so much common sense been fitted in to so few words!

Hotdog Wrote:

Etuhu shouldn''t have had a sell on clause because he was coming from Preston reserves he wanted out simple as, same with Earnie he would do anything to get out of WBA so spouting rubbish saying they wouldn''t sign is bull

------

Etuhu played over 150 games for Preston, so would hardly call him a reserve player and while Earnie wanted to get out of WBA, he took a play drop in order to play football and put himself back into window, hence the clause only kicked in this transfer window.

[quote user="mr carra"]

It is a fact of life, not the board''s fault. We are NOT a big club and richer clubs have always taken our better players.  For players it is a job and if they have any hunger and ambition at all they will follow the money and the higher standard of football.

How about you suggest something realistic that the board could do that they are not?

[/quote]

The truth would be a bloody good start!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="mr carra"]

[/quote]

[/quote]You can''t take the truth. The truth is we''re a selling club, always have been. Get used to it. The truth is players have the power, they go where the money is, we don''t have a lot of money. end of story. Stop trying to make out the situation is something different. Until you and your ilk are prepared to invest your own money and buy the club, tough.

When the clubs greatest success since gaining promotion to the premiership has been its astronomical balance sheet growth I suggest there are a million and one things the board of directors could have done.

Unfortunately though it is the mindset demonstrated in this post that allows them to get away with it

Exactly spat we''re a selling club and Doncaster should have some balls and admit rather than deny it when the evidence is right infront of us, he must think we are mugs and by the looks of it most peope on here are

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="mr carra"]

[/quote]

[/quote]You can''t take the truth. The truth is we''re a selling club, always have been. Get used to it. The truth is players have the power, they go where the money is, we don''t have a lot of money. end of story. Stop trying to make out the situation is something different. Until you and your ilk are prepared to invest your own money and buy the club, tough.[/quote]You want the truth!.....Well you can''t handle the truth!!!Sorry couldn''t help myself [:P]

Why do people fall for the "were going to give a real go this year" crap. Its been the same for 3 years expect a 4th.

How are West Brom, Wolves, etc bigger clubs than Norwich?

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="mr carra"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can''t take the truth. The truth is we''re a selling club, always have been. Get used to it. The truth is players have the power, they go where the money is, we don''t have a lot of money. end of story. Stop trying to make out the situation is something different. Until you and your ilk are prepared to invest your own money and buy the club, tough.
[/quote]

Oh i can take the truth mate, maybe you should wake up to the facts. Either the board have lied or they have issued a very clever well worded statement with regards to the sales of our most prominent players. ''''WE DO NOT NEED TO SELL ANY PLAYERS'''' Would suggest a clear sign of ambition only for us to find out [after season ticket sales i might add] that if any club comes in for any player worth his salt they will have to sell. Im not sure whos the bigger sucker...Me for falling for the crap the board has spun us again or you for actually still backing them!!! Personally i think its you cos ive seen them for what they are and its not far short of criminal and i make no appologies for saying it and you are IMO doing all the good work for the board and in the mean time taking us further backwards.

[quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

Very true Marty!

It''d get boring if we won the league etc every year, Man Utd etc - fair play to them but it''s too monotenous for me...I''d be worried about losing the huge amount of passion I have for our club!.

You need the bad to appreciate the good :)

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

Very true Marty!

It''d get boring if we won the league etc every year, Man Utd etc - fair play to them but it''s too monotenous for me...I''d be worried about losing the huge amount of passion I have for our club!.

[/quote]too true, it''s the years of losing that really makes appreciate the winning, try explaining that to Man U fans, they think they have a devine right to win.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

Very true Marty!

[/quote]

too true, it''s the years of losing that really makes appreciate the winning, try explaining that to Man U fans, they think they have a devine right to win.
[/quote]

Too easy Marty, too easy.

''Now & then we might have a good year''. Oh dear.

What happened between 1972-1995???

It is highly, highly possible for City to be a stable lower prem club or at least a yoyo club. All it needs is vision, balls and effective leadership.

Who would have dreamt of 1959-1995 in the dark days of 1957-58? Well, Arthur South and Geoffrey Watling did --and dreamt & led from the front with courage, wisdom and an abiding faith in the people of Norfolk to achieve. The South-Watling-Chase strategy was born.

Oh ye of little faith.

OTBC

re: "How are West Brom, Wolves, etc bigger clubs than Norwich?"

They are currently "bigger" than us because they have more money.  West Brom have a £10m+ parachute payment and Wolves have a new owner who has promised to invest £30m in the team as part of his purchase agreement.

Do you people not follow football at all????