Sign in to follow this  
big dick sanchez

Rumour has it....

We had Dickson''s replacement lined up and ready to sign until Hucks let the Etuhu cat out of the bag only for the selling club to put a halt on it asking for more knowing we had more money....

[quote user="big dick sanchez"]    We had Dickson''s replacement lined up and ready to sign until Hucks let the Etuhu cat out of the bag only for the selling club to put a halt on it asking for more knowing we had more money....[/quote]Right and where did you hear this rumour?

[quote user="big dick sanchez"]    We had Dickson''s replacement lined up and ready to sign until Hucks let the Etuhu cat out of the bag only for the selling club to put a halt on it asking for more knowing we had more money....
[/quote]

To quote from most teenagers around the early 21st Century......... Whatever!

Pffle Sanchez, utter piffle! If the deal has been agreed for the fee the sellig club cant just change their mind and hold out for more.. otherwise everyone would want 100 million form chelski wouldnt they?

jas :)

Fine don''t believe me, I have heard a few people say it now (drinkers connections), would not bet against it.  The club would probably have known before Hucks and it would not be too big an assumption that they were lining up an immediate replacement like Earnshaw and Cureton.I will conceed this is definitely rumour more than a put money on it fact.  This is a talking shop right?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Pffle Sanchez, utter piffle! If the deal has been agreed for the fee the sellig club cant just change their mind and hold out for more.. otherwise everyone would want 100 million form chelski wouldnt they?

jas :)

[/quote]I think Chelsea have paid over the odds for players in the past due to their wealth.  If I was a selling club I would hold out for more from them.

big dick sanchez: I''m going to go against the grain here and agree that there is an element of chance in what you''ve said being true. Transfer dealings are all about maneuvering of figures and clauses to maximise personal gain. Unless a deal if reached and signed, it''s plauisble for a selling Club to call off negotiations or to up their price. Transfer negotiations aren''t as straightforward as yesteryear where gentleman''s Agreements were entered into.

Hucks could well have scuppered a deal without realising by ''outing'' Sunderlands bid before a fee had been reached, especially in today''s world of agreements being reached with players before transfer fees are agreed.

We''ll probably never find out whether this rumour is in fact true or not, but it''s not beyond the realms of possibility that it is true.

I think what people are missing here is that they may well have known that Etuhu was moving on but not for how much.

Huckerby came out quoting a price and its a possibility that this alerted the other club to the amount of money we are getting in. Any idea of who this replacement is?

What an utter load of bilge, just the sort of thing people come up with after too many [B][B]  Hucks mentioned the £1.5m release clause, do you really think it was a secret?  Anyone in football could find out, they only have to ask his agent.

As for a replacement, Grant seems to be saying just the opposite.  He said he was gutted because his plans to build the midfield round Etuhu have gone out of the window.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

He said he was gutted because his plans to build the midfield round Etuhu have gone out of the window.

[/quote]

And that would have been incompetence of the highest degree according to most posters on here.

I am gutted that Etuhu is gone but it''s been a bit good watching some posters trying to stay on both horses mid-stream [;)]